Stormlight and eye color

asterion137

Question

8 answers to this question

I might be wrong but I think Kaladin's eyes only change color when he summons his blade, not when he uses stormlight. I think people did not notice the stormlight cause he limited how much he used and it was a bright day. Plus its not like something people in the crowed (except Shallan or other secret KRs know to look for).

15 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Yeah. His eyes don't change with Stormlight, just the blade. 

Bridge Four commented on his eye color change after the battle with Szeth over the storms. Prior to that, his eyes remained dark. 

Yeah I thought that too but I came across this quote in WoR during my reread this week: 

“We’re still darkeyes, Moash.”

“Not you,” Skar said from his other side. “I saw your

eyes during the—”

“Stop!” Kaladin said. He took a deep breath. “Just stop. No more talk of that.”

Chapter 2 of Oathbringer Skar comments on Kaladin's change of eye color at the Tower.

3 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

Yeah I thought that too but I came across this quote in WoR during my reread this week: 

Chapter 2 of Oathbringer Skar comments on Kaladin's change of eye color at the Tower.

Yeah... It's not the same though. There was another place, might have been while he was recovering from the highstorm, were the stormlight in his eyes, just like off his skin, made his eyes look more amber than dark brown, but that isn't the same thing. It's the stormlight itself, and if he kept the stormlight low enough to not be visible off his skin, the same should apply to his eyes. 

After the blade they turn blue, and stay blue for hours. It's not the same thing at all. 

20 hours ago, Calderis said:

Yeah... It's not the same though. There was another place, might have been while he was recovering from the highstorm, were the stormlight in his eyes, just like off his skin, made his eyes look more amber than dark brown, but that isn't the same thing. It's the stormlight itself, and if he kept the stormlight low enough to not be visible off his skin, the same should apply to his eyes. 

After the blade they turn blue, and stay blue for hours. It's not the same thing at all. 

It's enough for the question, which is asking why no one noticed his eyes were light during the arena fight when he was infused. The quote shows that just holding stormlight does lighten his eyes.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, Spoolofwhool said:

It's enough for the question, which is asking why no one noticed his eyes were light during the arena fight when he was infused. The quote shows that just holding stormlight does lighten his eyes.

A good question would be whether the quantity of stormlight is related directly or exponentially to the change in hue, or if it all changes in one go.