Slothspren

Hi folks, new guy here.

Originally from Pakistan but living in Saudia for past half a decade. I was not much aware of English fantasy/fiction culture and had only read the mainstream and famous work (Tolkien, C.S Lewis, J.K Rowling, Dan Brown etc. ) and I thought there was not much more to it to interest me. 
Then few years ago I stumbled upon article on io9 about the upcoming books, one of them was steelheart with a cool trailer. Then saw bunch of guys praising Brandon Sanderson in the comments for how awesomely he finished WoT after Robert Jordan's passing. Naturally I had no idea about them or the books, but it conveyed the idea that WoT must be some good stuff for them to think of Brandon Sanderson in that way. So I immediately started that and within a couple of months or so I binge-read through WoT and was totally blown away by how awesomely and with honesty Brandon Sanderson  finished the work of a different author, felt even a little guilty for feeling that maybe Brandon Sanderson did a better job than Robert Jordan, as it was very easy to lose track or sometimes get annoyed when the PoV monologue or description etc. seemingly went on forever with Robert jordan in some cases. 
Since then I have read almost all of Brandon Sanderson's work, and I am thankful to him, Robert Jordan and Naomi Novik (I stumbled upon her Temeraire series couple of months before WoT on io9), these reintroduced me or rather properly indoctrinated me into fantasy scene.   

p.s: pardon my grammar and stuff. English isn't my 1st or even 2nd language.  

Ayeee a Pakistani!

And living in Saudi!

@Dani @_Stick_!!!

You three could totally meet up :P

@Slothspren definitely join SE its fun!

Oh and if you haven't realised, Dani, stick and I are pakistani and there are a bunch more here (But Dani and Stick live in the UAE, close enough to Saudi right? OK maybe you could be on the other end of the country sheesh)

Aap konsay Sanderson kitab per na hei hei? (My urdu is bad so I can relate to your english being bad :P )

@btcannon thanks. 

@Darkness Ascendant well good to see fellow nomads/wetlander here, I move around mostly but currently I am in Al-Khobar. 

3 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Aap konsay Sanderson kitab per na hei hei? (My urdu is bad so I can relate to your english being bad :P )

I think I have read all of Cosmere work (including unpublished whitesand), The Reckoner series, and other stuff. Now that I think of it, apart from Alcatraz series and Rithmatist I have read probably everything else.. oh wait I still have to read snapshot. 

Ohhh hi

I've actually gone to Saudi Arabia by road, once heh. But I doubt that's going to happen again since apparently going into the country by road isn't an option anymore? At least that a how I think it is.

Anyway, I haven't read all the Alcatraz Books but I've read The Rithmatist and it's really good. So you should read that asap:P 

And yeah, you'll probably stumble into SE while exploring the forum so please do check it out it's fun XD