New guy likes Chocolate Chip cookies

notsawerd

Hi its me and I'm new and this is my first post.  

I've been a fan of SFF since I read My Teacher Fried My Brains by Bruce Coville.  I enjoy some YA works for appetizers, but really my main course is philosophically interesting works of fiction.

Beyond that and more important than my taste in literature I'm a Christian, husband, father, and electrical engineer in that order.  Looking forward to contribution here and there when I have the time.

-notsawerd

My favorite Sanderson book  would be whichever one is I am reading at the moment.

If that doesn't count I would have say

noncosmere  fav is Rithmatist 

cosmere fav is TWoK because it got me introduced me to the world of Sanderson

Fav characters are currently Vasher and Steris

Edited by notsawerd
typo

• 4 weeks later...

Well first when I meant philosophical I primarily mean it as what motivates the characters and reasoning behind their beliefs and actions.

For example I am interested in the whole the villain is the hero from their perspective.  Brandon does this several times and it makes for complicated characters. I still think the villain isn't always justified in their actions, but the character thinks that they are doing is right.  It makes for better antagonists.  While the world building is great and I probably wouldn't read the books without it, I wouldn't be as invested in The Cosmere if it wasn't for the characters.

So what has been the most interesting? I am just going to say the dilemma Kal's storyline is building up to in the Oathbringer preview chapters.  Can't say more since this is not a spoiler area.