[OB] Tezim

dantlee

39 minutes ago, Calderis said:

"Aspect of the Almighty" lends some credence to the "Tezim is a Herald" theory. Assuming he's not just crazy that is. 

I'm hoping there will be some mention of Tezim having a strangely constant emission of saliva that will cause most of this board to go AHAHAAAA!

> This creature in Tukar, however, is different. I’m not convinced he is human. If he is, he’s certainly not of the local species.…”

When I wear my aluminum bowler cap I like to hold the unlikely hope that Tezim is [Mistborn-All spoilers]

Spoiler

A certain Scandrian:

• human status: questionable post MB:Era 2
  • previous history manipulating religions and impersonating god-kings
  • Depending on in-world pronunciation, Tezim said in reverse could be pretty close to "Mist"

I think he is Ishar. It would make sense for Ishars madness too. He is supposed to be pious and guiding, but instead holds himself up as close to the Almighty, and leads people to what probably is an unnecessary war, just like he (Edgedancer spoilers):

Spoiler

Led Nale on a unnecessary murder-quest.

I would like to say I think I found a candidate for Ishar, and he was in the Palaneum. So I'm not going to think he's ishar for now. Not of the local species? That doesn't sound like a herald. 

Wait. 

Wait a second. 

What if it's Vivenna??????!!!!!!! What if they all think it's a guy, but they're wrong and it's a girl?!

Mraize says Tezim is likely to be either nonhuman or a world hopper (or both). I've been leaning towards world hopper, possibly kandra, but if he's sincere in his claim about the Almighty that makes me think Tezim might be local. So far we've only seen the Sleepless as observers, but do you think one of them might be acting as a world leader in this way?

Aside: I'm pretty sure when Mraize says "The old fool sows chaos..." earlier in that quote he's referring to Taravangian, not to Restares.

3 hours ago, Calderis said:

"Aspect of the Almighty" lends some credence to the "Tezim is a Herald" theory. Assuming he's not just crazy that is. 

Or he doesn't believe what he says and just claims he is a Aspect of the Almighty in order to gain control, and not have his actions questioned. That's how I interpret it at least. Who can argue with the Almighty*?

*Said with wryness in voice inflection. 

3 minutes ago, Watchcry said:

If he was anything of a herald or higher I would think his power would be used to defeat his enemy quickly, not to make it some drawn out conflict. 

Why? Other than Nale the Heralds don't have their Blades. The majority of their powers are not available to them. 

11 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I would like to say I think I found a candidate for Ishar, and he was in the Palaneum. So I'm not going to think he's ishar for now. Not of the local species? That doesn't sound like a herald. 

Out of curiosity, who do you suspect as Ishar? I'm doing a Stormlight Archive reread currently and I'd like to look out for such things (still in WoK).

Otherwise, I think I support the idea that Tezim is Ishar. The parallels make a lot of sense. Only kicker is Mraize's quote about the local species. Could be something we haven't seen yet too.

I'm strongly leaning with worldhopper. Mraize is a worldhopper with a damnation impressive collection of Cosmere souvenirs (including sand from Taldain and a branch from Yolen, both of which Khriss can't enter), I'm pretty sure if he says "that creature is not human, or at least not from Roshar" he is right. 

5 hours ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

I'm strongly leaning with worldhopper. Mraize is a worldhopper with a damnation impressive collection of Cosmere souvenirs (including sand from Taldain and a branch from Yolen, both of which Khriss can't enter), I'm pretty sure if he says "that creature is not human, or at least not from Roshar" he is right. 

You could be right, but just because Mraize has a great knowledge of the other planets, it doesn't mean he has a complete understanding of Roshar.

He like others know not know many ancient facts about his home planet and his magic. Also people who are doveted to study Cosmere's magic fail to understand all of them also with all the documentations at their disposal.

PS: about his Collection, both the sand and the branch could be from a time where those places are easy to reach