My 300th Post!!! Thank You All for This Wonderful Site!

Confused

For my 300th post, I want to thank the administrators, moderators, and each of you who keep this place alive and interesting and fun. I think of Brandon as more of a mystery writer than a fantasy writer because of how he drops clues and maintains suspense. The Shard is the best place there is to puzzle through the cosmere’s mysteries.

I’ll soon begin my “normal programming.” But I wanted to use this opportunity for something different. Best regards to all of you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Mr Confused, you have reached the 2nd Heightening!

Yes, I have this crazy theory that the 17th shard is where Mr S is developing a super secret subtle magic system which is kinda like breaths based on the amount of posts ÷ reputation × who gave the reputation with various levels called "Heightenings" and one day there will be enough acolytes and posts and the 17th Shard will become sentient and self aware and end up taking over the world..!

And one day Mr S accidentally lets it slip he was wrong and wont be able to pull this off in 30 odd books and it will be more like nearly 70, unfortunately he becomes afflicted with old age and in desperation, the 17th Shard kidnaps Mr S and cryogenically freezes him until said affliction can be cured..

After a time the Church off Brandon is formed with many sects with varying beliefs all based on the Cosmer Revelations which unfortunately has created several WoB (Wars of Brandon) to various degrees of devastations - ahem, basically talking about debates akin to our politcal debates which sometimes escalated to the battlefield of... what's that game Mr S is fond of again? Well that "battlefield"

The main two sects though have a major difference where one believes Hoid is our messiah and the other believes he is a normal person who should have left well enough alone and deserves his plight.. Though it is lost to the histories, for some reason one of them thinks pigs are immoral, filthy and shouldnt be touched where the other sees pigs as holy and every 7th day it is a holy right to eat bacon to restore your immaturaries!

People will still argue against the high priests like @Calderis @Extesian though they will do so in hushed dark corners as you are not allowed to speak to someone of a higher Hieghtening. This was known as the 3rd movement and has since been buried and practically expunged as talking about said movement can incure a sin known as Necrology! Where you lose reputation and are taken to the Aimian mines for.. "Recovery and Reintegration".

... ...

Ok ok.. I could rant on this all day as it has somehow tickled me silly bone right, but I've arrived at work and have...

** sigh ** "important" duties.

Feel free to fill in the gaps guys and / or expand or criticise ;) ... or ignore :o

!~ HIF ~!

Edited by Hoids Imaginary Friend
Spelling

@Confused i just saw this, and likewise even though we've disagreed before and will no doubt continue to do so, I wanted to thank you for your pretty unique role here, I read all your theories and even if I don't have anything to say (and for a couple of months now I've barely ven on the forums due to pressures irl) they do make me think. Good on you mate

Heh and HIF i sincerely hope that people argue with us, that's how theories get perfected :) i mean i only joined 10 months ago and needed people to reality check me to improve muy knowledge. If we are priests we are certainly no more than ardents, and slaves to the community ;)

2 hours ago, Extesian said:

Heh and HIF i sincerely hope that people argue with us, that's how theories get perfected :) i mean i only joined 10 months ago and needed people to reality check me to improve muy knowledge. If we are priests we are certainly no more than ardents, and slaves to the community ;)

I definitely feel like property most of the time. 

• 1 month later...

Geez @Extesian..

Yes I agree arguments / debates are good for our health and honestly you guys are great, especially when your efforts to bring me back to reality from an outrageous line of thought i was running with that totally made perfect sense at the time! :blink:

But the arguments i was satirically referring to above was:

A) a way to introduce the necro sin.

B.) a satirical dig at political arguments where men (children) yell at each other, slam hands on desks, jump up and down and call for Mr Speaker!

@Calderis i was going to put in that once certain conditions are met you are given the option to "ascend" to Shadesmere, a matrix like construct where you can upload your mind becoming a herald.. though i went high priest as you guys seem a bit modest ;)

Aaand..

** sighs and absently kick a rock **

I felt I'd already taken it to far..

!~ HIF ~!

• Chaos locked this topic