[OB] Walking to Urithiru - Preview Chapter Analysis!

Overlord Jebus

On 9/6/2017 at 1:02 AM, overlordjebus said:

Rushu is mentioned again, Rushu is definitely Vivenna

Look up Rushu in WoR. She doesn't act like Vivenna at all, I would say. Maybe you're being tongue-in-cheek about this though...?

Also, my impression of the various WoBs is that we hadn't seen Vivenna in tWoK or WoR. If that is true then Rushu can't be Vivenna since she already appeared in WoR.

On 9/6/2017 at 1:02 AM, overlordjebus said:
  • "First in Millenia to bind me", not gonna read too much into this but does this mean the Recreance was about 1000 years ago?

Something like that yes, based on hints from WoBs. I don't know if it was confirmed whether there were any Bondsmiths around at the time of the Recreance though.

Here's a recent WoB: The Heirocracy is in recent history, the Recreance is in ancient history.

PS Great effort! (Have an upvote)

On 9/5/2017 at 7:02 PM, overlordjebus said:

"First in Millennia to bind me", not gonna read too much into this but does this mean the Recreance was about 1000 years ago?

Didn't say "in a millennia," so it should be plural. My best estimates have always put it around 2,200-2,500 years back, which fits quite well with what the Stormfather says.

10 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Didn't say "in a millennia," so it should be plural. My best estimates have always put it around 2,200-2,500 years back, which fits quite well with what the Stormfather says.

FWIW that's always been my head canon (though i was more 1750-2250 years before) and I was glad to see that largely confirmed by stormpappy. 

On 9/15/2017 at 4:25 PM, Fulminato said:

the oathgate of jah keved is in vedenar 

"They only had one pair of Oathgates active now [...] If he wanted to travel to Vedenar, Thaylen City, Azimir, or any of the other locations" [chapter 1]

Excellent! I missed that but I am glad I placed my little dot correctly nonetheless.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:49 PM, kari-no-sugata said:

Look up Rushu in WoR. She doesn't act like Vivenna at all, I would say. Maybe you're being tongue-in-cheek about this though...?

I am being a little tongue-in-cheek with this, I'm basically putting every single person I can with the hope I will find her on my first run through by pure luck. I mean, Navani is actually also on my list but only because I haven't seen any evidence she isn't Vivenna ;) 

Thanks for the upvote!

19 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Thanks for those sources. What makes you put that upper limit on it? I know he says it's not in direct response to the Heralds but it could still have been as close to 100 years after the Prelude (So 2000-4400 years ago).

2 hours ago, overlordjebus said:

But it could still have been as close to 100 years after the Prelude (So 2000-4400 years ago)

Reread the third WoB in that Post.

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah. So Recreance is more recent than late.

Argent

So… In the thousands--

Brandon Sanderson

I’m going to have to pull out the timeline.

Argent

But it’s not like three hundred years ago.

Brandon Sanderson

It’s not like three hundred years ago, but it’s also not like 4000 years ago.

Around 4,000 years ago is not a possibility. Brandon considered the Recreance as "ancient" history, while also "more recent than late."

700 years is "recent" history (Hierocracy).  More recent than late would be close-ish to that, so I limited it at 2,500 rather than 3,000.

On 9/5/2017 at 7:02 PM, overlordjebus said:

I have a feeling this big window pointing towards the Origin may actually have a purpose

This is the Urithiru version of a Tesla Power Wall. When they start taxing travel thru the oathgates they will transfer the stormlight from the gems to this giant (gem) battery. A large store of stormlight to weather when the storms don't come (the weeping).

8 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Reread the third WoB in that Post.

Around 4,000 years ago is not a possibility. Brandon considered the Recreance as "ancient" history, while also "more recent than late."

700 years is "recent" history (Hierocracy).  More recent than late would be close-ish to that, so I limited it at 2,500 rather than 3,000.

Ah, I see my amazing powers of reading comprehension have failed me again.

On 06/09/2017 at 1:02 AM, overlordjebus said:

Tezim, a warlord in Tukar, claims to be an aspect of the Almighty. maybe a Proto-bondsmith? Argent suggested maybe Ishar, I'm not sure, could be a Herald though

Mraize thinks Tezim is an offworlder. And the offworlder most likely to be doing that is Kelsier.

And of course everyone you suggested might be Vivena could equally well be Me'Laan or Paalm or Khris or Ashlynn.

On 9/29/2017 at 4:18 PM, Dahak said:

Mraize thinks Tezim is an offworlder. And the offworlder most likely to be doing that is Kelsier.

And of course everyone you suggested might be Vivena could equally well be Me'Laan or Paalm or Khris or Ashlynn.

They could be. This depends on how much Mraize knows about Heralds.

And I have to limit my search somehow! If I started including Kandra into this search, they could be literally anyone (I might be able to take Radiants out of it but who knows, they might be able to bond!)

On 9/5/2017 at 5:02 PM, overlordjebus said:

Dalinar chats with a rude bridgeman from bridge 13. He has a Kholinar accent but is a little pale. He has a habit of rolling a coin over his knuckles. I'm sure we've seen this habit before in people but don't know where. If this is ringing a bell with anyone else, please let me know either in the comments before, Discord, Shard, Reddit, Twitter, I very much suspect this bridgeman is someone we've met before.

Top candidates are Prince Kheldar, Mat Cauthon, Thom Merrilin, and Jack Sparrow.

4 hours ago, Argent said:

In which Jebus forgets that Lift exists.

Hey Argent, what's Lift's Curse? Oh what's that? You don't know? Is it cause it was healed? ;)

Nah, I legit completely forgot about Lift. I'll correct myself next vid. Thanks for pointing that out! :D

3 hours ago, Salkara said:

Top candidates are Prince Kheldar, Mat Cauthon, Thom Merrilin, and Jack Sparrow.

I agree, let's add Decoy Octopus and Tom Bombadil to that list too. I have a good feeling about this.