Aren't Obliteration Bombs Redundant?

Archer

In Calamity Obliteration uses bombs made from his own body to blow-up stuff, instead of doing it himself. This made sense in Firefight when he wanted to trick the Reckoners into thinking he was somewhere else. But why does Obliteration still use bombs? He can teleport! Why not charge up in the desert, then teleport to where he wants to explode?

12 hours ago, TheKittyOfAtlantis said:

He mentioned a reason in Calamity. Since he began his mission of destruction, word has gotten around about who he is and what he does. When people see him charging up in their city, they recognize him and flee. The bombs are easier to conceal and less likely to be identified as a threat than he is.

The method @Archer talked about was basically a workaround to be able to stock up on energy without having people see him, by charging in a place people don't notice and then teleporting to the city and immediately exploding.

6 hours ago, kenod said:

The method @Archer talked about was basically a workaround to be able to stock up on energy without having people see him, by charging in a place people don't notice and then teleporting to the city and immediately exploding.

I figured he couldn't teleport while fully charged, mostly because of the thing with the bombs, which (as mentioned) I believe he spelled out in Calamity. I could be missing something though.

@kenod @TheKittyOfAtlantis Chapter 47, Obliteration does mention that he can't teleport while charged.

“Yes,” he said, subdued. “I cannot travel well when full of energy. I must sun myself in the place I am to destroy, but that creates a conundrum. The more my notoriety grows, the more people flee my presence. And so…”

“And so you took Regalia’s offer. Your flesh in exchange for a weapon.”