Characters you Hate!

Draginon

19 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I think I may be the only person living who doesn't have anything against Jar Jar. He is not that bad.

With you there. I don't outright hate him, but I don't particularly care for him that much since there are worse characters in the Star Wars universe out there. It's also pretty dumb that people hate him because 'he's too black' and that's their legitimate excuse.

18 hours ago, Draginon said:

With you there. I don't outright hate him, but I don't particularly care for him that much since there are worse characters in the Star Wars universe out there. It's also pretty dumb that people hate him because 'he's too black' and that's their legitimate excuse.

What? In what way is Jar Jar black? o.O I want to understand, but I can't...

Freaking Anakin from number 2.he RUINS THE MOVIE AGH. 

Ironheart. Oh how I hate her. Give me Iron Man back. 

Trump. Do I need to say more?

Dolores umbridge. I nearly have a rage attack every time I read her. I HATE her more than voldemort. 

Awesome hulk. Give me Bruce banner back. 

Snape. Sorry. I can't forgive him. He should have been turned into a bouncing ferret too. Why didn't they do more of that?!

Every character in the Transformers movies. 

I'll probably thing of more. 

1 hour ago, Mestiv said:

Ehh, I guess I'll never understand the nuances of racial situation in USA as someone living in Poland. For me JarJar was just silly. He didn't ruin the films. I honestly enjoyed the prequels :)

Yeah, it's definitely one of those dumb things one doesn't notice in normal circumstances but there's always that rare 1% that tries to ruin everything. I don't really notice it myself when I'm watching movies and shows unless it's extremely obvious like American Horror Story Coven with the Witches are white and Voodo practitioners are black parallel with Queenie being a mixed race (I know she's not literally mixed but she is a witch and voodoo combined) or if that's the story being told like in Hairspray.  I do agree that Jar Jar is a silly character so it's hard to hate him, but he does have his annoying moments.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 1:52 PM, Hood said:

I'm 50-50 about Denna. One has to see that we are getting the story from Kvothe's point of view. When seen from Denna's PoV, her actions seem reasonable enough (at least to me).

I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate Denna, but Kvothe's obsession with her is annoying.  I can't really figure out what he is supposed to be seeing in her.  to that extent, her character annoys me

Not finding the post right now, but I'll second whoever said Rand from WoT.  he starts going downhill in book 2 or 3 and is pretty much utterly horrible until very near the end.  if we didn't have Mat, Perrin and (in the later books anyway) Egwene chapters to take the focus from him, I think the series would be unreadable.

Also, I don't know that I'd go so far as hate but Elend always kind of annoyed me, at least in TFE, and somewhat in HOA as well.  I can't quite nail down why exactly, possibly just that his relationship with Vin doesn't seem natural to me in the early book, and that his mistborn strength seems unfair in the later one, but he just bothers me.  I think he is OK in WOA because his part in that story makes more sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic