Wish Me Luck: For Sharders beginning something new

Jondesu

11 hours ago, Flash said:

Im starting to share a room again with my brother. 

It's not fun. I'm losing my big bed, my space to put all my nerd stuff, and my book space... and my alone space. I like being alone. And my brother is stinky. (Actually stinky). 

We're doing it to make things during the school year easier to manage... 

Doesn't make it any more fun. 

I feel you, I share room with my brother too, and it's a bother, good luck with that.

@Kaymyth Good luck!

I am immeasurably amused by how many of you are taking my semi-hyperbolic blathering seriously. Thank you. :)

10 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Good luck @Kaymyth! I'm sure it'll be okay.

@Shqueeves a bell choir? What are they?

Bell choir, more specifically a handbell choir. Each person is responsible for two notes in the scale (and likely their associated accidentals). Each person rings two bells, one in each hand. You ring when your note comes up. It involves a lot of counting and requires a solid sense of rhythm.

I'm going car shopping today. Last time I went car shopping, the car salesman (who was my coworker's husband) totally took advantage of young, naive me. I'm worried this is going to happen again. I kind of need a car (I've put over $2000 into mine this year alone and it's not even worth $2000, and now it has radiator problems and I refuse to fix it this time). I know exactly what I want, which helps, but I also have no desire to be swindled, and I fear that, me being female, that's exactly what they'll try to do. Wish me luck?

1 hour ago, little wilson said:

I'm going car shopping today. Last time I went car shopping, the car salesman (who was my coworker's husband) totally took advantage of young, naive me. I'm worried this is going to happen again. I kind of need a car (I've put over $2000 into mine this year alone and it's not even worth $2000, and now it has radiator problems and I refuse to fix it this time). I know exactly what I want, which helps, but I also have no desire to be swindled, and I fear that, me being female, that's exactly what they'll try to do. Wish me luck?

Take a male friend with you? Mare presence of a male can reduce the risk of car dealer trying to take advantage of you. If this friend knows something about cars, even better.

21 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Take a male friend with you? Mare presence of a male can reduce the risk of car dealer trying to take advantage of you. If this friend knows something about cars, even better.

If I had any close male friends in the area, I would. Instead, I'm bringing my sister along and she'll be my moral support to make sure I don't buy anything today (I want time to think and to talk to my dad before I buy, and I've got work off on Monday, so I can buy them, if I choose to). I would've liked it if my dad had been able to come down, but he's in a different state and he's busy this weekend, so that wasn't going to happen.

I'm starting a job search for a part-time job, meaning a return to employment for the first time in a year and a half (or at least actual work).  I want to try something new, too, and one of the options I'm looking into is as a worship leader at a church, which would be a big change, but it's a job I do know I could do well.

Also, I'm going to begin a new diet sometime soon, one of those ones that provides you the meals…except we can't afford that, so we're going to make everything ourselves based on what we know from the people who have done it before.  We have the guide, but it's definitely a lot more work and commitment to do it all myself than to just have things sent to me to eat.

49 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I'm starting a job search for a part-time job, meaning a return to employment for the first time in a year and a half (or at least actual work).  I want to try something new, too, and one of the options I'm looking into is as a worship leader at a church, which would be a big change, but it's a job I do know I could do well.

Also, I'm going to begin a new diet sometime soon, one of those ones that provides you the meals…except we can't afford that, so we're going to make everything ourselves based on what we know from the people who have done it before.  We have the guide, but it's definitely a lot more work and commitment to do it all myself than to just have things sent to me to eat.

Good luck Jondesu!

1 hour ago, A Budgie said:

So, I've got a guitar masterclass tomorrow (the song I'm going to be playing I'll post below). It'll probably be mostly adults/people older than me, so I'm a little worried.
Wish me luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lVqrNd5FW4

You must be extremely skilled! I'm sure you'll do fine without the intervention of luck, but nonetheless wishing you the best!!

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot about this thread. I’ve started a new business (sort of) making T-shirt’s. Link in my sig. It’s a ton of fun so far, but I haven’t actually sold anything yet, so I’m at about -$12 profit (bought a domain name and paid for a tiny bit of FB ads).