Theme song for your Life?

Ammanas

So what song basically represents your life? Mine is World at Large by Modest Mouse. I don't particularly want to have a in depth psychological discussion on why that is, but would be interested what songs my fellow Sharders choose. They can go into more detail on their choices if the choose or just list a song and artist.

• 3 weeks later...

David Hodges - Another Red Light

This song represents my life because I try to live by its message. This song got me through an insanely tough time 5 years ago, so I hold it close to my heart. The verses that resonate with me the most are the following;

"The long black car moves slow through the intersection,
I take a left and I point my life in the opposite direction,
I take a breath,

'cause I can't help thinking,
That the man in that lincoln,
is telling me to,

Smile, when you're not supposed to laugh,
And cry when you're supposed to hold it back,
And live like the sun is burning out of the sky,
'Cause tomorrow's too late, so don't waste a day of this life."

Edited by PlanetReelo

5 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

@PlanetReelo Hey thanks for sharing! I was wondering if someone would reply to this topic! Welcome to the shard by the way. I'm pretty sure you are new and have been posting a bunch. You seem like a fabulous person and have appreciated what you have shared so far. 

It's a pleasure meeting you :) This is such a lovely idea for a thread, sharing music is a really interesting and intimate way to get to know people. Looking forward to seeing you around the board!

On 24/08/2017 at 9:14 AM, Ammanas said:

So what song basically represents your life? Mine is World at Large by Modest Mouse. I don't particularly want to have a in depth psychological discussion on why that is, but would be interested what songs my fellow Sharders choose. They can go into more detail on their choices if the choose or just list a song and artist.

Nice song. Really nice. I listened to their album afterwards, which is very rare. Anyway, I guess Modest Mouse have got another fan added to their list. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another good song for me. The band described it as thus: “Basically the song is about fighting your inner demons. Trying to change and become a better person in life. I write songs to reflect where I’m at in life, and this song is me saying to the world that I’m doing my absolute best right now to be a good person.”