Hemalurgic Beaver

Toaster Retribution

8 hours ago, amulligan99 said:

I'm not sure if I should even ask this, but can you spike a plant? I'm mainly thinking of a tree or better yet a stick but I am open to spiking a carrot.

Nope.

(Exact quote: Q:Trees are living, so can you perform Hemalurgy on them? A:"Hemalurgy doesn't really work on trees.")

9 hours ago, amulligan99 said:

I'm not sure if I should even ask this, but can you spike a plant? I'm mainly thinking of a tree or better yet a stick but I am open to spiking a carrot.

That just made me think of a weird inside joke I have with @Cel that involves a carrot inquisitor. A person with carrots for spikes.

What about a spiked chasmfeind?

22 minutes ago, Tesh said:

You mean, spiking a chasmfiend to Ruin it into another form - like stapling four of them together to make a kolossfiend?! - or to give it magical powers?

As footnoted in the Coppermind, we have a WOB that hemalurgy "would work on animals", after all...

Teaching it to use Allomancy would probably be impossible (especially since it'd involve teaching it to identify and ingest the appropriate metals to burn), but assuming Feruchemy could be instinctual, you could spike a chasmfiend with F-steel or F-pewter (and put a suitably large metalmind collar onto it) to make something pretty terrifying.

Heck, spike a chasmfiend with three Feruchemical spikes - F-steel, F-pewter, and F-gold - and then it might be pierced enough for a nicroboosted Soother or Rioter (or Mistborn) to seize control of.

15 minutes ago, robardin said:

Teaching it to use Allomancy would probably be impossible

I'll agree that getting the metals would still be a problem, but as for learning:

Brandon Sanderson
Hemalurgy can do some very, very odd things. And the endowment of intelligence is a common result of tinkering with Shard-based magic.

Although.. we shouldn't be venturing down the path of giving intelligence to Chasmfiends. I'm imagining something functionally equivalent to the T-Rex in Jurassic Park, but with brainpower like the raptors in those movies.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:13 PM, Tesh said:

That just made me think of a weird inside joke I have with @Cel that involves a carrot inquisitor. A person with carrots for spikes.

Yesterday a (slightly less competent) friend of mine mentioned something about carrots being good for your eyesight. I proceeded to tell him that yes, carrots are good for your eyesight. Assuming the carrot was made of tin, and actually wasn't a carrot at all and instead a hemalurgic spike that was recently stabbed through another persons heart.

I then proceeded to explain the intricacies of Hemalurgy without offering any context.

His only response was: "This isn't real, is it?"

9 minutes ago, Szeth-2son-Vallano said:

Could I just say that ...

Reveal hidden contents

ALL SLOTHS ALREADY HAVE FERUCHEMICAL BRONZE!!!!!!

It may be so, however they are so much more. They are the secret servants of the SLOTH RULER and his inquisitors. BOW BEFORE THEM!!! @Toaster Retribution is the construct created to spy on us and report back.

Edited by Nathrangking

@Nathrangking Storms, you aren't supposed to tell everyone that I'm a top secret hemalurgic awakened cylon spy. You and @Calderis makes the secret spying deal really hard...

2 hours ago, Szeth-2son-Vallano said:

I'm never using a toaster again.

I feel like I might be partly to blame for this (along with Nathrangking) and I'm pretty proud over that fact.

EDIT: Btw guys, Slothquisitors sounds kinda cool. If you wanted naming suggestions.

Edited by Toaster Retribution