Hemalurgic Beaver

Toaster Retribution

Why a beaver? There are more interesting things to spike. 

Has anyone ever heard of a mantis shrimp? 

How about an Octopus? (Those little guys are freaking intelligent)

Or we could make an actual Drop Bear. (Speaking of which, does Scadrial have an Australian ecosystem somewhere? I feel like that would be weird if it did). 

Now I'm going to picture every animal I see with these powers...

2 hours ago, Flash said:

Why a beaver? There are more interesting things to spike. 

Why a beaver?  WHY A BEAVER???  Beavers are the most majestic animals alive.  When humans are gone, beavers will rule this planet in harmony until the Lord Beaver comes and we have the sequel to Mistborn:  Beaverborn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

What if the spiked Fullborn-beaver managed to get a Nahel Bond? How many powers can we stack in one beaver?

Unfortunately, I think the use of hemalurgy kinda inherently violates the 'life before death' part of the first oath.

Though I suppose there would be a loophile if the beaver was spiked against its will.

As far as how many powers though? Well, from what we know, becoming an Elantrian is the hardest. Breaths can be given easily, and we could also stack the beaver up with a few honorblades for more surges. Aviar are just a world hop away, and it seems that anyone can learn to soulforge with enough practice and dedication (or compounded mental speed) 

At that point, the beaver is imortal (both due to aging and injury), it can world hop to wherever it wants, has shard-like power of all ten surges plus those of a fullborn, and probably wants to kill you for torturing it with spikes while it was still just a normal beaver.

What could go wrong? :P

Edit: I, for one, welcome the new beaver overlord.

Edited by Cowmanthethird

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 4:22 PM, Ookla the Walker of Roads said:

Well, humans need three spikes for Harmony to "interfere," but kandra only need two. Since beavers are small rodents, they would probably only need one to be taken over by a soother or rioter or harmony. I think if you wanted a beaver that could consciously use it's powers, it would probably need to have access to both zinc and copper from a very young age, so that it is imprinted with it's hemallurgic abilities. An adult beaver that has lived it's whole life without hemalurgy would not have the part of it's brain developed that it would use for it's powers, like if someone was born without a limb but got a prosthetic, they would not know how to operate with it. I think it is possible, but it would be very complicated.

Step 1) Spike some baby beavers with zinc and copper.

Step 2) Spike their offspring with the same.

Step 3) Teach it (3d gen imprinted spiked beaver) to use hemalurgy through example and access to copperminds of beavers using hemalurgy from a very early age. It should be able to use hemalurgy consciously, now.

Or, y'know, just use copper spikes which steal intelligence, memory, etc.,