Hemalurgic Beaver

Toaster Retribution

Well, most untrained Allomancers have an instinctive ability to use their metals without knowing what they're doing, so I expect the beaver would have at least some degree of control. Also, depending on when this happened, Ruin might be able to instruct the beaver in using its powers, which would be pretty troubling.

Well, humans need three spikes for Harmony to "interfere," but kandra only need two. Since beavers are small rodents, they would probably only need one to be taken over by a soother or rioter or harmony. I think if you wanted a beaver that could consciously use it's powers, it would probably need to have access to both zinc and copper from a very young age, so that it is imprinted with it's hemallurgic abilities. An adult beaver that has lived it's whole life without hemalurgy would not have the part of it's brain developed that it would use for it's powers, like if someone was born without a limb but got a prosthetic, they would not know how to operate with it. I think it is possible, but it would be very complicated.

Step 1) Spike some baby beavers with zinc and copper.

Step 2) Spike their offspring with the same.

Step 3) Teach it (3d gen imprinted spiked beaver) to use hemalurgy through example and access to copperminds of beavers using hemalurgy from a very early age. It should be able to use hemalurgy consciously, now.

59 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

We have now discussed mind-controlling, spiking, murdering and the breeding and spiking of baby beavers... wonder if we could be reported for planned animal cruelty...

Hmm they can search me all they want, but they won't find any spikes...

*throws out cookies*

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

We have now discussed mind-controlling, spiking, murdering and the breeding and spiking of baby beavers... wonder if we could be reported for planned animal cruelty...

Well we haven't discussed spiking unborn beavers yet, and that's clearly an option. 

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=979#4

SATSUONI ()

From which stage of development does human embryo on Scadrial gain Hemalurgic potential?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Conception.

See? We're not monsters. 

Yet. 

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Well we haven't discussed spiking unborn beavers yet, and that's clearly an option. 

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=979#4

See? We're not monsters. 

Yet. 

I wonder if spiking the beaver while it was still forming in the womb would allow the spiritweb to heal more thoroughly than that of a spiked adult beaver? Perhaps this would allow a more intuitive understanding of the abilities.

And now we are.

Edited by Cowmanthethird

11 minutes ago, Cowmanthethird said:

I wonder if spiking the beaver while it was still forming in the womb would allow the spiritweb to heal more thoroughly than that of a spiked adult beaver? Perhaps this would allow a more intuitive understanding of the abilities.

And now we are.

The challenge with spiking while in the womb is that it would be very difficult to do so without killing the mother, or disrupting the growth of the unborn beaver.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Evilcat said:

The challenge with spiking while in the womb is that it would be very difficult to do so without killing the mother, or disrupting the growth of the unborn beaver.

It may be difficult, but you can only gain great reward with great effort!!

34 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

729542._SY540_.jpg

7 minutes ago, Calderis said:

It's begun! To catch a man like that would have required Feruchemical steel! 

All hail out beaver overlord! 

Feruchemical pewter + Feruchemchal steel = *Gasp* The Lord Beaver has ascended!! By the Lord Beaver Ikea will fall!!

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

By the way guys, do you think our beaver might be known as Deaths pet, since it will spiked and look scary, just like Death aka Ironeyes, aka Marsh?

Only if we were to give it eye spikes for steelsight. That is Marsh's signature look, after all.

Edited by Cowmanthethird

3 minutes ago, Shadeshadow227 said:

...Okay...this thread has discussed murdering and mind-controlling magical beavers, as well as a temporary dive into the topic of embryos...we have crossed the boundary into "OH GOD NO" levels of theorizing.

There are other levels? I thought this was it.