Lerasium in hemalurgy

King Cole

Question

5 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I'm pretty sure every time this has been asked it's been RAFO'd. 

So for now at least... No idea. 

My friend had the idea that Kelsier's spike through the eye is made out of lerasium

Edited by King Cole

INTERVIEW: Jun 20th, 2009

ANDREW THE GREAT

Does lerasium have Feruchemical and Hemalurgical powers.

BRANDON SANDERSON (PARAPHRASED)

Yes. Brandon will probably be getting into these, and the other metals Hemalurgical and Feruchemical powers, in greater detail in the future Mistborn Trilogies. He also will probably release full charts for these as he did with Allomancy.

TAGS

5 hours ago, King Cole said:

My friend had the idea that Kelsier's spike through the eye is made out of lerasium

I guess it could be, but...

QUESTION

Which eye does the Sovereign have spiked? And what does the spike give?

BRANDON SANDERSON

The opposite eye that Marsh has spiked. And nothing special. More to come in Secret History 2 and 3

Considering the Sovereign's steelsight, my assumption is that the spike probably grants steel/iron allomancy (this is just speculation, Sanderson isn't likely to answer before SH2).  The amount of lerasium required to make one eye-spike (an approximately 1-inch cylinder approximately 8-inches long) would be greater than that contained in all of the beads known to have ever existed.

As other said Kelsier's Spike does "nothing special" so I will find unlikely for it to be made of Lerasium. Note also that whaterver a Lerasium Spike steals...An Atium Spike could steal it too.

There are some theory regardless the Godmetal in Hemalurgy. We saw another godmetal, the so called "Trellium" be able to spike at least three different things (Physical Allomancy, Physical Feruchemy and an unknown attributes) this made many people (me included) to think that all the Godmetal if used as Spike could steal "everything" (as the Atium does) but with a special effect related too.

The Atium's extra is the greater efficiency, the Trellium is maybe the "stealth status" and for Lerasium there are some speculation, of course baseless...but nice.

Another possible explaination is that Godmetals Spikes would steal from a Attributes set (for example the Trellium could steal everything Physical related)