Flash: I have a few questions about your rule:

1. There is currently no second realm. Did you mean that they loose the extra life from King Cole's rule?

2. You never said what happens on a tie vote.

3. You never said what happens to a player if they get red voted.

4. Can you vote on the GMs (you should be able to!)?

5. Can dead players vote via GM PM (please say yes)?

10 minutes ago, Straw said:

Flash: I have a few questions about your rule:

1. There is currently no second realm. Did you mean that they loose the extra life from King Cole's rule?

2. You never said what happens on a tie vote.

3. You never said what happens to a player if they get red voted.

4. Can you vote on the GMs (you should be able to!)?

5. Can dead players vote via GM PM (please say yes)?

I thought I specified what happened if there was a tie. Everyone in a tie is effected, except in chancellor, where it has to be one person with the most votes. 

The essential idea is thus: you don't just have to lynch somebody. You can do alternate modes of lynches. So instead of making the lynch kill, it can instead make you lose your soul, or become the chancellor. I will note how rough this rule is. It's basically an idea that needs to be better thought out. Which I will do tonight. 

I think there should be something a dead person should be able to do. A vote of sorts, with some sort of effect (I have yet to determine what). 

Lynching the GM is an awful idea. But perhaps if they are lynched, the whole thing restarts? Lol what a troll that would be. Especially with the whole "start of the cosmere thing." This right here is not part of my rule. My rule is the multiple choice lynch. 

2 hours ago, Flash said:

So the lynch. You vote in red, retract in green when you decide upon a new vote. 0 vote minimum. But fear not, there are also fun things you can do with other votes!

If you vote in orange , theybecomes a red head, has no soul, and skips the second realm if they die.

If you vote in purple you can elect a person high chancellor. They have 2 votes they can make. 

Each person, however, May only make ONE VOTE of any kind. Only the chancellor may make 2 votes, which they may split between two Votes or put on one. 

Everyone gets the effect in a tie lynch or Red-head. Only one player may be elected chancellor. 

I may edit this rule somewhat, it is in a very raw state. 

Edit: oh and red and orange are exclusive. Only one will go through, with the larger number of votes being the one that works. 

Do these alternate votes count for @Sarts boringness rule?

Can I change my rule? There’s a role I’ve been dying (heh) to use for a while, but I’m not planning to put it into the game I’m running. 

“There will be a unique role of the Gunsmith, who will start the game with 5 guns. Each night, they may give one gun each to any players they choose, up to the maximum of 5 handed out, and they may instead choose to keep one of those for themselves.

Those guns can be used by the players they have been given to at any time. This includes during the middle of the discussion during the day. To use the gun, they should simply post a message in bold saying “I am shooting [player name].” The player who has been shot will die immediately unless they have some form of protection, and must immediately stop posting in the thread and responding to PMs. Any player who claims to use a gun but was not given on will die immediately instead.”

21 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Can I change my rule? There’s a role I’ve been dying (heh) to use for a while, but I’m not planning to put it into the game I’m running. 

“There will be a unique role of the Gunsmith, who will start the game with 5 guns. Each night, they may give one gun each to any players they choose, up to the maximum of 5 handed out, and they may instead choose to keep one of those for themselves.

Those guns can be used by the players they have been given to at any time. This includes during the middle of the discussion during the day. To use the gun, they should simply post a message in bold saying “I am shooting [player name].” The player who has been shot will die immediately unless they have some form of protection, and must immediately stop posting in the thread and responding to PMs. Any player who claims to use a gun but was not given on will die immediately instead.”

This does not count as a faction kill (convert) and there is no chance for a convert. Unless the player in question's role is Dragon.Due to their impenetrable skin, they will always convert when shot by a gun but cannot convert when killed by a faction. 

There is a triple vote. You vote in red for three choices, greatest to least. ie. 1.) Jondesu 2.) Orlok 3.) Flash Each vote counts as one vote. All three votes must be different. You must vote this way, and you must vote every turn. The player with the most votes on them dies. If there is a tie, the gods of RNG decide.

Signing up as Silver Feather.

Edited by Roadwalker

17 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Sign me up as Hoid. I vote for split cycle. 

Kill roles have a 50% chance of converting someone to their faction.

This rule by itself is fine.

17 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Signing up as Kintas (and winter, if you’re signing up as the actual Hoid, we might have some interesting conversations).

I voted in the poll for a split cycle.

My rule proposal: “Any action that is taken has a 25% chance of failure. Failure results in the action targeting a different random player.”

16 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Modified: 
When a kill role is randomly redirected, it cannot hit the person who fired the kill in the first place. A redirected kill(convert) has a 75% chance of killing instead of converting. 
Kill(converts) belong to a faction and can be used as well as an indivudual role. Converts are not exclusive to kill roles. Not every faction/win con must have a kill(convert). Individual kill(converts) may have twists on them not to contradict with @Straw's rule.  

You have modified your rule to have extra rules inside it. This is not fine, and will be veto-d by me.

16 hours ago, Straw said:

Due to my rule causing potential difficulties in balancing the game, I will instead have my rule be that there must be at least 10 factions in the game. Players can be a member of multiple factions, and each faction must have a unique win con.

Honestly, I don't know what you're expecting with this. Highly likely to be veto-ed

15 hours ago, Straw said:

Addition to my rule: Each faction's members can make up their own win con, however, it has to be approved as suitably interesting by the GM.

You have made your rule more complicated, so yeah. Don't make the complicated rule more complicated.

15 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Upon being killed by the faction kill, there's a 10% chance of being transferred to the alternate realm. 

Oh, more rules inside a rule. Veto.

13 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Another clarification: Actions cannot target players in another dimension unless that person has the item Portal Gun.

Rule inside rule. Guess what? Veto.

13 hours ago, Sami said:

I'll sign up as Blade

Rule: an additional power/item will randomly be bestowed on someone each cycle (GM puts up 3 for everyone to vote on?)

This rule will not be used as you said another rule later.

13 hours ago, Straw said:

Addition to my rule: each faction can once per turn give one of the players in it an item, however, the faction has to also take on an additional win con (both the item and the new win con have to been approved as suitably interesting and balanced by the GMs).

Addition? Hm. Guess what?

13 hours ago, Flash said:

So the lynch. You vote in red, retract in green when you decide upon a new vote. 0 vote minimum. But fear not, there are also fun things you can do with other votes!

If you vote in orange , theybecomes a red head, has no soul, and skips the second realm if they die.

If you vote in purple you can elect a person high chancellor. They have 2 votes they can make. 

Each person, however, May only make ONE VOTE of any kind. Only the chancellor may make 2 votes, which they may split between two Votes or put on one. 

Everyone gets the effect in a tie lynch or Red-head. Only one player may be elected chancellor. 

I may edit this rule somewhat, it is in a very raw state. 

Edit: oh and red and orange are exclusive. Only one will go through, with the larger number of votes being the one that works. 

This is many different rules about the lynch. Choose one to keep, please.

11 hours ago, Sami said:

I'll sign up as Blade

Rule: an additional power/item will randomly be bestowed on someone each cycle 

This rule will be used, and is fine.

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

This does not count as a faction kill (convert) and there is no chance for a convert. Unless the player in question's role is Dragon.Due to their impenetrable skin, they will always convert when shot by a gun but cannot convert when killed by a faction. 

Another rule in a rule. Veto

23 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

There is a triple vote. You vote in red for three choices, greatest to least. ie. 1.) Jondesu 2.) Orlok 3.) Flash Each vote counts as one vote. All three votes must be different. You must vote this way, and you must vote every turn. The player with the most votes on them dies. If there is a tie, the gods of RNG decide.

Signing up as Silver Feather.

This is multiple rules in one post. Either choose one to keep, or make a new rule.

This is the view of STINK, the co-GM. So yes, you can choose to ignore me if you want.

However, this game is not meant to be the most complicated thing ever. Maybe it'll end up as that, but if it does, then it'll have to be as the game goes on. 

Jondesu's rule is a perfect rule for this kind of thing. It's something he's always wanted to do, but never really could. And now he can. 

2 hours ago, Straw said:

Jondesu, should the player name be an@mention?

Yeah, I'd say that should be a requirement.  At the very least it's a really good idea if you want them to realize they've been shot and shouldn't continue posting.

EDIT: Can someone else please submit a rule about a role or alignment?  I don't want this game to be lacking in an actual purpose. :P

Edited by Jondesu

11 minutes ago, STINK said:

You have modified your rule to have extra rules inside it. This is not fine, and will be veto-d by me.

Honestly, I don't know what you're expecting with this. Highly likely to be veto-ed

You have made your rule more complicated, so yeah. Don't make the complicated rule more complicated.

Oh, more rules inside a rule. Veto.

Rule inside rule. Guess what? Veto.

This rule will not be used as you said another rule later.

Addition? Hm. Guess what?

This is many different rules about the lynch. Choose one to keep, please.

This rule will be used, and is fine.

Another rule in a rule. Veto

This is multiple rules in one post. Either choose one to keep, or make a new rule.

This is the view of STINK, the co-GM. So yes, you can choose to ignore me if you want.

However, this game is not meant to be the most complicated thing ever. Maybe it'll end up as that, but if it does, then it'll have to be as the game goes on. 

Jondesu's rule is a perfect rule for this kind of thing. It's something he's always wanted to do, but never really could. And now he can. 

Okay fine, I'll keep the first one. I just fifgured it needed clarification with the other ones. 

Oh boy. Signing up as Majestic Eagle.

Rule - Numerical Order

Whenever a player posts the number one (standalone post) players must then consecutively post numbers all the way to ten. If a number is repeated then the last player to post dies. If the cycle ends before the chain ends, then it must be continued afterwards.

This adds no value to the game whatsoever but it's still fun to troll!

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Whenever a player posts the number one (standalone post) players must then consecutively post numbers all the way to ten. If a number is repeated then the last player to post dies. If the cycle ends before the chain ends, then it must be continued afterwards.

No one will want to post