In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth ~ Genesis 1:1

There is nothing.  Yet.  The worlds are unwrought and investiture flies free, unbound to any form.  It cannot last.
In a world of raw power, a whim is as that of a god's greatest command.  The rules are yet to be written, and so they are written by your hand.
Think carefully, for a merest wish could bring the end spiralling in.
And who knows what lies in Adonalsium's mind.

The Cosmere is unformed, travellers.  However you came to be here, know that.  For the time being, treat "here" as meaningless.  All that can be is yet to come.
This game is a strange one.
It is chaotic, unless you choose it not to be.
It is unstructured, unless you choose it not to be.

There are no rules.  Yet.
When you sign up, we're going to need two things from you in addition to your character's name.
First, a vote: would you rather a single 72-hour cycle, or would you rather a 48-hour day and a 24-hour night.
Second, a rule.  Choose whatever you wish and it shall become truth.  Every player can choose a rule and it shall be introduced to the game.  It can be anything at all.  There are two limitations to this, however.  First, the GMs, myself and @STINK, reserve the right to veto any rule we deem unfit.  Second, any conflicting rules shall be pitted against each other, with RNG determining which one is put into play.

Though you may choose whatever, I have a couple recommendations: As of yet, there's no teams, no lynch and no win conditions.  Keep that in mind.
If no one chooses to change the way rules are decided, the same process will be carried out next turn, and the turn after, until someone gets sick of it and decides they want rules to be decided differently.

Good luck.
Have fun.

Oh and rollovers will be at 20:00 BST which is 14:00 CST and you can figure it out for your own timezone.
Following the close of Signups, there shall be a 24 hour period for Stink and I to sort out all the rules.

Signups shall close on:

blu_1504033200.png

Quick Links:

Player List:
Straw - Straw
coal - King Cole
Qwertyuiop - Hemalurgic_Headshot Hastur Hastur Hastur
Willow - little wilson
Hoid - winter devotion
Kintas - Jondesu
Locke Tekiel - Orlok Tsubodai
Non Sequitur - Sart
Bob the Omnipotent - Ecthelion III
mysterious Speed Force energy - Flash
Blade - Sami
Elias - Bartimaeus
Insanus - Darkness Ascendant
Kel - randuir
Silver Feather - Roadwalker
Majestic Eagle - Majestic
Ati - Drake Marshall
Sol - Eternum
Ad - DroughtBringer
Elithanathile - Elithanathile
Amarthion - Elenion
Aed - Aonar Faileas
Bortholomew the Blind - Bort
Nocturnal Flying Mammal Man - Grumpy Dula
Bugg - Clanky
Magestar - Magestar
Fess - Arinian
The Lemon - Lemonelen
Caramelion - Megasif
Bri - Brightness Radiant
Olbar - The Young Bard
Searanatha theranson threson the 45th and a half - Ornstein

Rules Clarifications:

On 22/08/2017 at 9:46 PM, winter devotion said:

Can we suggest multiple rules or just one? And what about suggesting roles?

A single rule.  If you're making a rule about roles, you can include the details of the role in it (in fact, you have to, else they just won't be fleshed out)

On 22/08/2017 at 9:48 PM, Straw said:

If RNG kicks out our rule, can we propose a new rule?

No

On 22/08/2017 at 9:48 PM, winter devotion said:

What's RNG?

Random Number Generator

If anyone has any doubts about whether or not their rule is going to be vetoed or not, please PM me, Stink and Alv and we can talk it over.  Since the game hasn't started yet, you can amend your rule at any time you want (or completely change it).

Pre-Game Rules Doc

Edited by AliasSheep

I'm signing up as Straw. I'm voting for a single cycle. I wasn't initially going to play any games for a bit, but this one looks too awesome to miss. Do we announce our rule in the thread or in a PM?

Edited by Straw

I have no idea whether I want to join this game... 

But fine. I will. My name is Qwertyuiop, one of the Old Ones. Cthulhu is my homie.

Rule: Each turn there is a chance for an inter-dimensional portal to appear and transport a random amount of players to an alternate realm. This alternate realm is almost exactly like the original, but every rule is reversed. Ex: Survivor-type roles become Serial Killer-roles, etc. The alternate realm is located in a different thread, much like LG37, and players in the alternate realm have a chance to return to the original.

2 minutes ago, King Cole said:

Weren't all the old ones at war with each other?

Not all of them. But they don't like that, so they blotted me from the records, annihilated my cult, and banished me to the nether realms where the only light is the twisted parody that exists in the minds of the tormented. And no cell service.

Willow signing up.

Just want to point out that technically LGs are two turns. While it's possible to deviate from the two turn structure, it should really only be done for very good reasons (like LG17, which required an additional turn for each cycle). Additionally, I'm certain we've had a couple games in the past that lengthened a turn or two to 72 hours and virtually nothing happened in the back half of the turn, so it dragged for everyone and a bunch of people went inactive. And that was just a cycle or two, rather than the whole game. I fear that would happen here, for the entire game, if were running on single 72-hour turns.

My rule: Like the game Flex, every turn, the rules change, taking from the pool of rules created by the players. The number of rules in play each turn is determined by the GMs.

Signing up as Kintas (and winter, if you’re signing up as the actual Hoid, we might have some interesting conversations).

I voted in the poll for a split cycle.

My rule proposal: “Any action that is taken has a 25% chance of failure. Failure results in the action targeting a different random player.”

15 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Can we suggest multiple rules or just one? And what about suggesting roles?

A single rule.  If you're making a rule about roles, you can include the details of the role in it (in fact, you have to, else they just won't be fleshed out)

13 minutes ago, Straw said:

If RNG kicks out our rule, can we propose a new rule?

No

12 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

What's RNG?

Random Number Generator

This looks absolutely mental. Signing up as Non Sequitur.

If a player receives no votes, that player is Boring. Boring players can't be targeted by other players because no one pays attention to them. Further, since no one pays attention to Boring players, no one is affected by their actions. No one pays attention to their votes, because they're so boring, unless they vote on themselves, which makes them interesting, and stops them from being Boring.

Edited by Sart
Added way to stop being boring

If anyone has any doubts about whether or not their rule is going to be vetoed or not, please PM me, Stink and Alv and we can talk it over.  Since the game hasn't started yet, you can amend your rule at any time you want (or completely change it).

24 minutes ago, Clanky said:

AliasSheep, You are the bravest person I know for trying to run this game and also certifiably insane

Why thank you :D

32 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Sign me up as Hoid. I vote for split cycle. 

Kill roles have a 50% chance of converting someone to their faction.

Modified: 
When a kill role is randomly redirected, it cannot hit the person who fired the kill in the first place. A redirected kill(convert) has a 75% chance of killing instead of converting. 
Kill(converts) belong to a faction and can be used as well as an indivudual role. Converts are not exclusive to kill roles. Not every faction/win con must have a kill(convert). Individual kill(converts) may have twists on them not to contradict with @Straw's rule.