Difference between Tor and Orion / Oathbringer lenght

IAmAlsoAWe

Hello, I wanted to pre-order the Oathbringer but when I compared the two versions of it (the Tor's one and the Orion's one) I found out that the Tor's version is shorter by almost 300 pages, here. have a look: 

• Format Hardback | 944 pages
  • Dimensions 155.45 x 234.95mm | 454g
  • Publication date 14 Nov 2017
  • Publisher Tor Books 

• Format Paperback | 1232 pages
  • Dimensions 153 x 234mm
  • Publication date 19 Oct 2017
  • Publisher Orion Publishing Co

So, whats the deal? Is it a typo or what? 

Where are you getting that info from? It looks all goofed up. Amazon says 1248 pages for the US hardcover. And paperbacks aren't usually published a month before the hardcover, and typically have more pages (and are accordingly split into two parts).

11 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Where are you getting that info from? It looks all goofed up. Amazon says 1248 pages for the US hardcover. And paperbacks aren't usually published a month before the hardcover, and typically have more pages (and are accordingly split into two parts).

From bookdepository.

Amazon makes lots if goofs. You can't believe everything they say. For instance, the 4th book in Wexlers Shadow Campaign series will not have a mass market paperback coming out (Hardcover has been out for about one year); this information is from the author and publisher. Amazon says it will come out but it 2035.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:26 PM, Ammanas said:

Amazon makes lots if goofs. You can't believe everything they say. For instance, the 4th book in Wexlers Shadow Campaign series will not have a mass market paperback coming out (Hardcover has been out for about one year); this information is from the author and publisher. Amazon says it will come out but it 2035.

I know, and I have it on pre-order. Only 2035! Those guys paying full price for the hardcover are suckers!

Sometimes there can be really funny goofs where retailers will give an obviously wrong release date; I think it has to do with a requirement that there be a date before they can take your money for preorders, so if they don't have one they'll just make it up. See for example Amazon's continually mutating release date for The Bastards and the Knives, even after the author said that he gave up on the project. Or The Thorn of Emberlain, though that one might actually come out someday...

• Chaos locked this topic