Oathbringer serialized

Hadhad

So what's the spoiler protocol for this? Are the admins going to not allow any content until the official release date in November? Or will edits (like chapter summaries) be allowed as the first 32 chapters trickle out?

I guess I would vote to wait, but some people might not want to.

http://www.tor.com/2017/08/15/brandon-sanderson-oathbringer-serialization-announcement/

I would assume the usual policy is to wait until full release. Generally speaking, it doesn't make much sense to start editing an article until you have ALL of the new information. Otherwise there's a high probability of having to do rework. I know the plan is to have a somewhat organized update effort, and getting a head start might make a mess of that

But chapter summaries seem like a clear exception. I don't see any reason not to start work on those?

@Joe ST? @Chaos?

I personally would be ok with chapter summaries being written as long as there's a sufficient spoiler warning on that page. Otherwise I think it's both safer and more prudent to wait for the book before the rest of the pages get updated. Thanks for wanting to get on top of the summaries !!!

@Hadhad, I created the Oathbringer/Summary page and filled it in with the basic structure used by WoR. I assume that's helpful. If not you can delete it and start over. :)

@Joe ST, I marked it with {{unpublished|sa3}} at the top, as we have on the book's main page. Is that sufficient? Would it be better to go ahead and start using {{spoilers}}?

Also, I can remove the chapter redlinks if that's desirable...

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Oathbringer/Summary

That's helpful, thanks.

What are all those 115px red links?

Personally, I would keep the chapter red links for now because we don't know how many chapters, interludes, etc. like we normally do with a published book. But I could un-red link them as they are released.