IndigoAjah

This topic is inspired by the best scenes topic. One of my favourite scenes is Kaladin coming in to help Adolin at the arena, but every time I read it I long for a scene from the PoV of those watching Kaladin, a Darkeyes with only a spear, jump in and the two hold off and beat 4 Shardbearers.

Another scene I'd love would be one from Adolin's PoV whilst Kaladin is in prison, putting together that Kaladin's claim against Amaram was true, and deciding to give him Full Shards.

What are yours?

This is kind of a minor thing, but I wish we knew what Kaladin was really thinking when

Spoiler

he runs home at the end of WoR.

There's just no way his stated explanation is complete.  Why then?  Was he afraid of Dalinar, Shallan, or Elokar piecing together what had really happened?  Why was he suddenly racing to

Spoiler

go back to his parents

after all these years of ignoring them.  Would be great to have had a PoV explaining his thoughts.  The Oathbringer reading from 2014 didn't really get into this.

1 minute ago, Grahamfactor said:

This is kind of a minor thing, but I wish we knew what Kaladin was really thinking when

Hide contents

he runs home at the end of WoR.

There's just no way his stated explanation is complete.  Why then?  Was he afraid of Dalinar, Shallan, or Elokar piecing together what had really happened?  Why was he suddenly racing to

Hide contents

go back to his parents

after all these years of ignoring them.  Would be great to have had a PoV explaining his thoughts.  The Oathbringer reading from 2014 didn't really get into this.

He rushed home because he realized the everstorm was heading towards them and would be deadly, he rushed home to warn and save them. He ignored them because of shame, nothing else, he still loved his parents(atleast there's nothing indicating otherwise) when he realized they were in danger he rushed home to save them.

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

I would like a P.O.V from Renarin during Adolin's 4 on 1 duel.

Good one. I hadn't thought of it.

Here are mine:

1) Adolin in the aftermath of the 4 on 1 duel, how he decided to put himself into prison. Who was shouting? Was it Dalinar? What did he have to say about Adolin's decision?

2) Jakamav's POV at any time before and after the 4 on 1 duel because I want to know which despicable individual I am dealing with.

3) Adolin's POV after Shallan fell into the chasm. This was a serious miss from Brandon to not have included it. I can't even rationalize why it wasn't in there. We should have been able to read what happens on the top, the fight, the aftermath, Adolin. One of the reason I hated the chasm scenes so much is they focused on Kaladin/Shallan while completely forgetting the rest of the cast. It lacks 2 or 3 good chapters, IMHO.

4) Adolin's POV during anyone one of his dates with Shallan. We only get hers, I wanted to read his as well.

I think that's all I can think of for now. We'll see if more comes to mind.

Edited by maxal

Here’s some of mine J

Side-character PoVs

A Mrall PoV from when Taravangian has an unintelligent day

Iyatil PoV when meeting Veil for the first time

ANY Ishar PoV

Arclo PoV for the time leading up to him meeting Lift

The Stormfather’s PoV when Syl ‘dies’

Semi-main character PoVs

Amaram PoV from when he takes the Shardblade (for those who forget in their hatred of him, he did in fact offer it first, I want to know his thoughts at that moment)

Navani PoV flashback to Kholinar

Main character PoVs

Adolin PoV for the arena scene

Renarin PoV for the highstorm where Dalinar has his first on-screen vision

AN ENTIRE BOOK FROM PATTERN’S POV

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

He was drunk , but that adds to the intrigue doesn't it?

He was drunk enough that Kaladin pretty much had to carry him. Even if he was awake enough to observe, I doubt he was coherent enough for anything to make sense. 

He probably doesn't even remember the attempt after the fact. I'm with @maxal on this one. 

Edit: Rlain would be interesting. How does Dullform spying work with how hard it is for them to think? 

Edited by Calderis

3 hours ago, Calderis said:

He was drunk enough that Kaladin pretty much had to carry him. Even if he was awake enough to observe, I doubt he was coherent enough for anything to make sense.

On the other hand, it could be a good writing exercice for bradon to write a man in an altered state of consciousness. In order to add realism, brandon would get mightily drunk himself (there must be some loophole into the mormon code; after all, he would be doing it for science) while writing the scene :D

(EDIT: put an emoticon to clarify that I wasn't serious)

Edited by king of nowhere

13 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

On the other hand, it could be a good writing exercice for bradon to write a man in an altered state of consciousness. In order to add realism, brandon would get mightily drunk himself (there must be some loophole into the mormon code; after all, he would be doing it for science) while writing the scene

While this is true, Elhokar was so drunk he was unconscious, so not a good scene to try out at writing drunk characters. This being said, Brandon did drop, a while ago, on Reddit, someone would end up within possession of distilled horneater beer... Now, this is what I call an opportunity :ph34r: So who should drink the stuff in order to give Brandon an excuse to write a drunk character who hasn't passed out yet? :ph34r:

I agree Rlain would be great, actually i would like any of Bridge four POV during the bridge runs or the final battle, but Rlain during any of them would be really good. 

Ehlokar  (What did he think when he wakes up from drunken injured stupor, and findshe is hiding out with the Herdazians?) 

Venli - What did she know when she gave Eshonai that storm spren?

Thude as he escapes with the Parshendi through the chasm.

Navani POV at anytime especially flashbacks.

3 hours ago, maxal said:

I think @Nathrangking just wants to read Elhokar's thoughts over the assassination. If this is indeed the case, I would say Elhokar's POV after the attempt? Or how about Elhokar's POV during Szeth's attack?

Since Sanderson has confirmed that each prologue is going to be a different character's POV from that night when Gavilar was assassinated all those years ago, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't get one from Elhokar's. What must he have felt, the mantle of the kingdom falling upon him? Did he mourn his father's death? What are the "twisted, inhuman shapes" he sees? I really hope we get some of his POV soon!