Sel Deathstar

Snipexe

Question

So I was reading through shardshovel digging through sel thread, and the got me thinking, is this possible?

Let's say for some bizarre reason, Harmony comes to Sel. He then decides to transform the landscape, from the way it is now, flattens everything out, and then draws a massive aon daa into the the side of the planet, and then changes the magic system so that this aon can be “activated”. When “activated”, it would release a massive blast of power, effectively turning the planet into a massive super weapon, or a Death star.

12 answers to this question

It appears that on Sel even the land is invested.  remaking the planet may be harder than normal. I suspect if it did happen though, the Dor would simply adjust to the new reality. The chasm didn't break the system, all it required was an extra line for that Aon.

2 hours ago, Extesian said:

It appears that on Sel even the land is invested.  remaking the planet may be harder than normal. I suspect if it did happen though, the Dor would simply adjust to the new reality. The chasm didn't break the system, all it required was an extra line for that Aon.

I agree. By "destroy the systems" I mainly meant everything would start from scratch and need to be rediscovered. 

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

The interesting question is not wether this is possible. It is wether you could kill Shards by blasting them with the Sel Death Star.

It may not be that simple. There's a method to splintering a Shard, it's not just raw power (though enough raw power may do it I guess. 

“Unraveling,” Khriss said. “So a slow death. Ati doesn’t know how to Splinter another Shard? Or he hasn’t the strength? Hmm . . .”

(Khriss, Mistborn:SH)

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

You had to didn't you? 

"that's no moon!" 

The tale ends with a heartwarming and heartbreaking twist- Larky, Rysn's worldhopping larkyn, wielding Nightblood, runs the gauntlet to enter Sel's core and suck all it's investiture out from the inside. I know I cried.

(No this isn't the first time I've proposed Larky saving the Cosmere. No I will not stop. Yes I believe it will happen if I keep saying it. It's my Shardfork.)