Long Game 37: Forest Thread

The GMs are gonna look at the threads and just go "What have we done" xD

EDIT: All y'all people sitting and watching the thread might wanna post, I'm lonely here in activity land.

Having said that, I just realized it is 11:18 PM and I should really be going to sleep soon.

Edited by Eternum

Well first to determine our platform I kind of need Doc to speak up again. But as stated earlier I am a conservational resluglican! I believe in traditional values, like the keeping the forest for the forest. I also believe that we shouldn't have anyone go to the other thread. We are already slightly smaller, IIRC. 

Personally, if I were the Guardian, I would focus on staying alive. I figure the eliminators would want to kill Doc and I. I wouldn't go rogue killing everyone, unless they really really deserve it. Instead I would try to protect people. 

Edited by Flash
Clarification

14 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

@Megasif what about last game makes you inclined to believe Eternum's role claim? 

Pretty sure it's the worst idea to vote for protector here inthread btw. It goes pretty much against their win con :P

How so? 

I'm pretty sure it's already going to be a public thing. Plus, the win condition is to protect the medium. 

Also, this will give us information. Let's say Doc is a human. If he's human, wouldn't he want to choose a human conspirator? Thankfully, I am not a human conspirator. But if we publically pick who our guardian will be, we can control that. And if Doc chooses someone else and doesn't explain it, well that would be suspicious. Then we can lynch him and make me the new medium. As for the situation where I might be a human, I'll let my action progression speak for itself. 

I will be back before the end of the cycle.  

Edited by Flash

7 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

what's the OoA?

PAFO for now.

1 hour ago, Straw said:

As no lynch candidates have been put forward, I vote to lynch Joe.

@A Joe in the Bush, are we allowed to vote to lynch you?

Ooh, I love a good challenge. But sadly, i don't think I'll be getting one, even if the entirety of the Forest tries to betray me. (No)

45 minutes ago, Straw said:

Is this game role madness?

@A Joe in the Bush

There are certainly roles, and there is certainty Madness. But is there Role Madness? Ask someone who knows!

Uhh okay I mean I don't know why'd anyone want to medium dead but if anyone does, killing the known protector and then going for the medium is going to be real easy. Maybe a secret role with the win con to kill a medium? Bc all mediums, unless they're an elim, gain a neutral alignment (with an unknown win con), so I don't see why they'd really need protecting in the first place because why would anyone want to get rid of a nuetral medium? 

But yeah, if Doc's really one of the Court, we can maybe ask him to state his win con after he's become a medium? If he's a human, he won't get a new win con. Then the next medium can check if doc was telling the truth.

Make sense? Probably not I dunno

Ninjad by joe

Edited by _Stick_

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I am one with the forest. The forest is one with me. I am one with the forest. The forest is one with me. I am one with the forest. The forest is one with me. I am one with the forest. The forest is one with me. I am one with the forest. The forest is one with me. 

Hah nice.

38 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

@Megasif what about last game makes you inclined to believe Eternum's role claim? 

Pretty sure it's the worst idea to vote for protector here inthread btw. It goes pretty much against their win con :P

Just the playstyle of Eternum. Very similar to last game.

Btw, I voted for Doc because he seemed to be really into it all. And an active medium will do us good. Obviously, he's off atm but I'm sure that because of the timings and misc. Otherwise, I don't mind voting for Flash if he's serious about it. 

Anyways;

what if everyone from both threads take the test? What are the chances of it happening? And who else wants to see it happen?

(We can do it if we try!!)

Sorry for the slow responses. I've been driving for the past 7 hours

6 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Okay, two responses. First, there would be a reason for a member of the court to vote that early. Start a bandwagon, no one else has any counter proposals because we have no information. How would we propose someone else when we have no reason to? In fact, making a counterproposal would be suspicious without any solid information to base it on, even grounds for accusations such as Araris has leveled against you. Already we have three or four people voting on Doc, probably for no other reason than PK voted in the first place. I personally think docs a solid candidate based on what he's posted. Isn't that what people are always telling me? More information is always good for the village. It allows us to sort through info and come to conclusions that allow us to determine who is more probably good and more probably evil. Why that versus just rolling the dice every lynch? 

I dislike his logic, but then again, I'm never able to tell what role you have, and I'm not going to make any votes until I hear a response from @Paranoid King

Okay, second seperated paragraph thing is entirely valid. An active medium is important. But you voted for Doc before you had any knowledge of activity. Just you promise not to become the protector doesn't mean your not evil, Doc could just as easilly hand it off to another elim, or a villager to "prove" that he's good. 

I feel like appointing a medium early on is a better choice than lynching someone early on would be. And since you seem to be ready to lynch, I'm ready to appoint.

I'm also very confused by the bolded statement, could you please explain?

Sure. But again, to do that, both of us would need to be members of the court. And drawing a connection between two court members on one of the first posts in the cycle is a pretty terrible idea.

I actually don't even know what role I have myself. I didn't read the comic, and just asked for a hint from Joe as to my role. So... That'll work out.

Yeah. I hadn't played with Doc for a while, but from what I remembered, I thought he'd enjoy being the medium, and he was a pretty active player. If he hadn't wanted to be the medium, or had been inactive, I could have taken my vote off, but he seems pretty satisfied right now. And your complaint seems more tailored against Doc being a court member than me being one. I suggest you take it up with him.

At the beginning, there are more villagers than elims. So if I vote on someone random, I'm more likely to hit a villager than an elim. Later on my decisions would be more influenced by other posts, so my choice wouldn't be random. So if I'm more likely to hit a villager than a elim when voting, I'd rather use that vote to appoint the medium than to kill someone.

In short, if Araris feels like he has ample reason to lynch a likely villager early on, I feel justified in appointing a likely villager as medium early on.

15 hours ago, Megasif said:

Is voting early really that suspicious? I know you are just talking about the Medium but it's kinda the same thing. In that case, your vote on PK falls in the same category.

It's not voting early that is suspicious, necessarily. It's having a specific person picked out early in the game that you want to give powers to. Since PK had already done something that I found suspicious, I think my vote on him is perfectly justified.

@Straw As far as we know, there isn't too much reason to kill the Medium, since they are neutral. So there is not too much benefit in Ysengrin using his protect on them.

PK, thanks for giving some justification behind your Medium vote. I don't really recall Doc's behavior from games I've played with him. I will say that Flash was very active last game, and I trust him to be the same as a Medium. Based just on what he has posted this cycle, Doc doesn't seem like too bad a choice either.

I honestly don't mind killing somebody that is likely a villager this cycle. That's half the fun in these games, isn't it? Killing innocent folks with no (or at least few) repercussions.

Straw. Your posts haven't really been helpful so far.

Araris glided among the shadows of the trees. Unfortunately, these shadows weren't useful for much except hiding. Perhaps you could club someone over the head with them, but there was no elegance in that. He had examined the darkness behind blades of grass first. Some of these shadows were long enough to serve as a weapon, and they certainly pierced the light effectively. However, they were too flimsy, moved about by the slighted gust of wind. Soon Araris came upon a boulder that cast a great round shadow at its feet. He felt its edges, and then sat back to watch the darkness. The shadow was sturdy, full of the essence of the rock that cast it. The shape was wrong, though, and it seemed each of the rocks in the forest held a similar form. They had been left to the wind and the rain for aeons, and no sharp edges remained among them. So, Araris continued his search.

1 hour ago, Paranoid King said:

Sorry for the slow responses. I've been driving for the past 7 hours

Sure. But again, to do that, both of us would need to be members of the court. And drawing a connection between two court members on one of the first posts in the cycle is a pretty terrible idea.

I actually don't even know what role I have myself. I didn't read the comic, and just asked for a hint from Joe as to my role. So... That'll work out.

Yeah. I hadn't played with Doc for a while, but from what I remembered, I thought he'd enjoy being the medium, and he was a pretty active player. If he hadn't wanted to be the medium, or had been inactive, I could have taken my vote off, but he seems pretty satisfied right now. And your complaint seems more tailored against Doc being a court member than me being one. I suggest you take it up with him.

At the beginning, there are more villagers than elims. So if I vote on someone random, I'm more likely to hit a villager than an elim. Later on my decisions would be more influenced by other posts, so my choice wouldn't be random. So if I'm more likely to hit a villager than a elim when voting, I'd rather use that vote to appoint the medium than to kill someone.

In short, if Araris feels like he has ample reason to lynch a likely villager early on, I feel justified in appointing a likely villager as medium early on.

The logics fair. I suppose we can revote a new medium if we decide someone else gets confirmed good or we have a good reason to choose anyone else.

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Uhh okay I mean I don't know why'd anyone want to medium dead but if anyone does, killing the known protector and then going for the medium is going to be real easy. Maybe a secret role with the win con to kill a medium? Bc all mediums, unless they're an elim, gain a neutral alignment (with an unknown win con), so I don't see why they'd really need protecting in the first place because why would anyone want to get rid of a nuetral medium? 

But yeah, if Doc's really one of the Court, we can maybe ask him to state his win con after he's become a medium? If he's a human, he won't get a new win con. Then the next medium can check if doc was telling the truth.

Make sense? Probably not I dunno

Ninjad by joe

Uhhhhh, I have no idea if that would work. That's when you know you need to go back and read the rules...I'll comment later.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

@_Stick_ Your plan to have the Medium reveal their new win con is against the General Rules, since it would require copying text from a GM PM.

Edit: Straw, being unhelpful is suspicious, since villagers want to help their team win.

Not quite. claiming alignment and win cons and roles is not against the rules. only copy/pasting word for word is against the rules.

13 hours ago, Jondesu said:

I have no objections to Koru taking the role of Medium. His chances of making a difference may be Small, but he has a Large heart.

groan

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Nicer and more cultured? 

@Doc12 I take this personally. I challenge you to a duel of niceness and culturedness. 

And you do realize we're in the WOODS? We don't have culture. That's what the Court has!

*surges forward and lifts Bart by his neck

You're right, my good friend. There is no 'culture' in the wood save for what a spirit takes upon himself. I have never claimed to be nice, or cultured, my good friend. What I am, however, is a creature of the woods that honors the rules and the ancient traditions. And you have just challenged me to a duel. 

*drops Bart, dusts off your front as an apology for roughing you up

We are of the Giilite woods, friend. Think of that before you speak so rashly again. 

Now, to business. 

11 hours ago, Eternum said:

Maayybee.

Also, don't just trust everything I do because I'm Ysengrin. I'll make a lot of mistakes, probably. This is quite literally my second game. (I think the only reason I was made Ysengrin is to cause some chaos :p) Don't trust Renard either. I asked Joe, and apparently we could have also turned out as Gunnerkrigg, for whatever reason.

I am Gillitie though.

Dunno about Renard, whoever they are.

Ysengrin, pleasure to see you again...if it is indeed you, of course.

While outing yourself for no reason and basically telling the court members "I can kill you" is very Ysengrin, you have not always been a fool. And revealing yourself like this is undoubtedly a foolish move, as you have painted a target for the Humans on your back. Instead of being able to plan your kills strategically, you are now forced to defend yourself instead of others for fear of the humans deciding to destroy you before you destroy them. 

If you however are not Ysengrin, you have much to gain by diverting our attention to you so early in the day, perhaps drawing debate and discussion away from someone else. I will move to this point soon. But if you are not Ysengrin, then watch out, for you have exposed yourself.

I call upon the real Ysengrin to settle this matter. If Noah is lying, and he is not the real Ysengrin, may Ysengrin strike him down tonight, for he is a liar. This should easily prove whether he is telling the truth. if you are Ysengrin, we still have no way of proving your alignment, but know we will be watching you very, very carefully, my friend. 

7 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Okay, two responses. First, there would be a reason for a member of the court to vote that early. Start a bandwagon, no one else has any counter proposals because we have no information. How would we propose someone else when we have no reason to? In fact, making a counterproposal would be suspicious without any solid information to base it on, even grounds for accusations such as Araris has leveled against you. Already we have three or four people voting on Doc, probably for no other reason than PK voted in the first place. I personally think docs a solid candidate based on what he's posted. Isn't that what people are always telling me? More information is always good for the village. It allows us to sort through info and come to conclusions that allow us to determine who is more probably good and more probably evil. Why that versus just rolling the dice every lynch? 

I dislike his logic, but then again, I'm never able to tell what role you have, and I'm not going to make any votes until I hear a response from @Paranoid King

Okay, second seperated paragraph thing is entirely valid. An active medium is important. But you voted for Doc before you had any knowledge of activity. Just you promise not to become the protector doesn't mean your not evil, Doc could just as easilly hand it off to another elim, or a villager to "prove" that he's good. 

I'm also very confused by the bolded statement, could you please explain?

I am not responding directly to anything you have said, friend Canuck, but you have intrigued me enough to take a look at our friend the Inspector's posts. And I am disquieted.

19 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Hmm. A valid point. I could very well be trying to get the medium to choose me as a protector. As the first vote on the medium, I might be considered for the role. And if I'm not on your team, things might go poorly for you. So how about this: doc won't offer me the protector role, and I won't take it. I probably don't have the time anyways. How does that sound, @Doc12?

I see no problem otherwise with giving power to someone with the time and desire to use it. I feel like an active medium could be very helpful for us. If you suspect that doc is the air elemental and messaged me asking for my support, I can tell you that he didn't. (And I really don't have any reason to lie here.)

I think I've addressed your concerns by now? I feel like appointing a medium early on is a better choice than lynching someone early on would be. And since you seem to be ready to lynch, I'm ready to appoint. Speaking of which, Koru.

18 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Koru, if you and I were both members of the court, why would I vote for you before you declared your intentions to apply for medium? Waiting would have given me a reason to vote, and allayed much of the suspicion that Araris has voiced.

Voting before you spoke would draw a connection between us. As a member of the court, there would have been no reason for me to vote that early.

I nominated you as medium because I thought you were the right person for the role. I also feel like I'm more likely to vote on a woodsperson early than I would once the court has had their say, and have tried to twist me into voting a court member as medium.

True, you could still be a member of the court, but it's more likely that you're from the wood, because there are more of us.

Friend Inspector. You do not add up. Nothing you have said separately is wrong, but the compiled weight of what you have been saying does not add up. Let's reflect upon your reasons for appointing me. 

1. You thought I was the right person for the job, despite me not having posted or declared my intentions to campaign

4. You wanted an active medium, again before I have had the chance to show my activity 

And now, your justifications,

1. You first offered to decline the role of protector to deny the accusation that it was a court gambit to elect a court medium, which proved nothing 

2. You say voting early for me was easily drawing a connection between us, because if we had both been court you would have waited to allay suspicion

3. You chose early so that the court would have no chance to influence you 

4. There was a higher chance of hitting a villager this early in the game.

Inspector (Paranoid King),  I am sorry, but what I see here is not just an impulsive vote, which normally I would not condemn, but an impulsive vote with very weak constructed justifications. I do not know why you chose me, but if you were a court member, it becomes clear that you might have wanted to be the first to elect a medium from the forest in order to have the favor of a influential forest spirit. 

Answer for the accusations I lay at your feet, or prepare to bleed, woodsman. @Paranoid King

EDIT: I forgot to answer the question of my activity rates. Well, friends, I am from the country of Malaysia, which is in a far different time zone. So I will be active while most of you are asleep, and asleep while most of you are active, but I promise you that I will be as active as I can for this game, thank you.

Edited by Doc12

1 hour ago, Doc12 said:

Friend Inspector. You do not add up. Nothing you have said separately is wrong, but the compiled weight of what you have been saying does not add up. Let's reflect upon your reasons for appointing me. 

1. You thought I was the right person for the job, despite me not having posted or declared my intentions to campaign

4. You wanted an active medium, again before I have had the chance to show my activity 

And now, your justifications,

1. You first offered to decline the role of protector to deny the accusation that it was a court gambit to elect a court medium, which proved nothing 

2. You say voting early for me was easily drawing a connection between us, because if we had both been court you would have waited to allay suspicion

3. You chose early so that the court would have no chance to influence you 

4. There was a higher chance of hitting a villager this early in the game.

Inspector (Paranoid King),  I am sorry, but what I see here is not just an impulsive vote, which normally I would not condemn, but an impulsive vote with very weak constructed justifications. I do not know why you chose me, but if you were a court member, it becomes clear that you might have wanted to be the first to elect a medium from the forest in order to have the favor of a influential forest spirit. 

Answer for the accusations I lay at your feet, or prepare to bleed, woodsman. @Paranoid King

EDIT: I forgot to answer the question of my activity rates. Well, friends, I am from the country of Malaysia, which is in a far different time zone. So I will be active while most of you are asleep, and asleep while most of you are active, but I promise you that I will be as active as I can for this game, thank you.

Very well, friend Koru. I'll go through these from your point of view, to try and see what you see in me. I'll try to draw the conclusions from my reasons for voting to why I am from the court.

YOU: "Well, what a coincidence. PK has voted for me before I said I wanted to be voted on. What a happy coincidence. He must be from the court."
YOU, AGAIN: "Goodness. Despite knowing that I'm fairly active from previous games, he knows I'm active in this one. Only a court person would know that."
"He offered to decline the role of protector. How strange. If I'm from the court, I could still elect one of my friends. He must be from the court as well."
"If he had been from the court, he would have consulted with his teammates. The fact that he did not do that means that he must be from the court."
"Voting early is something only someone from the court would do."
"Only courtsmen know the ratio of wood to court. He must be court for knowing there are more woodsmen."

What is your reasoning here, Koru? Everything I've done so far has helped YOU, and if you were a woodsman, you would KNOW not to comply with any requests I chose to make of you. I could understand others thinking you and I were in cahoots, but you KNOW there's no reason for me to help you as an eliminator.

Why would I vote on YOU if I'm trying to influence the medium? If I'm trying to pick someone with power, I would pick someone who doesn't think much about the game, and could be easily influenced. Voting on you to try and influence you makes no sense!

I think the last game I played with you was LG26, where you ruined the game for the whole village because you hadn't gotten your win con yet. That's not someone who can be manipulated. It's also someone who's a good planner, and someone who sticks in my mind. I wanted to vote on someone for medium, and given your actions in your last game I was in, I thought you wanted a position of power. Clearly not.

Me refusing your offer of protector only makes me an eliminator if you are too. I offered it as a compromise, not a justification. Araris didn't seem to trust my intentions. The only way that would work out in my favor is if you're from the court too, Koru.

Pointing out that eliminators can talk to one another does not make me a courtsman, Koru.

If you look at practically every other game I've taken part in, I point out that elims have the info to misdirect the village at the beginning. This applies for the medium vote, too. Wouldn't I try to avoid that? It wouldn't work for the lynch, because I'd be more likely to hit an woodsman. But voting on someone random C1 as medium means that I'm more likely to hit a villager. It agrees with the opinion I've voiced in almost all my previous games.

And voting on me's a double edged sword, Koru. If I'm evil, you're played as the mistaken villager, who is still a medium, by the way. But all of the reasons I'm being voted on is just in case I'm trying to put a courtsman in power, or am trying to control the villager I put in power. You know the second reason makes no sense, meaning the only reason you'd vote on me is if you were from the court. Koru. And just in case you think you can keep my vote, even after you tried to kill me for supporting you, Koru. Koru. Koru.

TL;DR: I'm being voted on either because I'm trying to put a courtsman in power or am trying to control a villager I put in power. Doc is not the sort who can be controlled, meaning that the only reason he would vote on me is if he was an eliminator.

3 hours ago, Doc12 said:

Ysengrin, pleasure to see you again...if it is indeed you, of course.

While outing yourself for no reason and basically telling the court members "I can kill you" is very Ysengrin, you have not always been a fool. And revealing yourself like this is undoubtedly a foolish move, as you have painted a target for the Humans on your back. Instead of being able to plan your kills strategically, you are now forced to defend yourself instead of others for fear of the humans deciding to destroy you before you destroy them. 

If you however are not Ysengrin, you have much to gain by diverting our attention to you so early in the day, perhaps drawing debate and discussion away from someone else. I will move to this point soon. But if you are not Ysengrin, then watch out, for you have exposed yourself.

I call upon the real Ysengrin to settle this matter. If Noah is lying, and he is not the real Ysengrin, may Ysengrin strike him down tonight, for he is a liar. This should easily prove whether he is telling the truth. if you are Ysengrin, we still have no way of proving your alignment, but know we will be watching you very, very carefully, my friend. 

Hey, I claimed, might as well RP.

- - - - -

Likewise, Koru.

I have my reasons for revealing my identity, though Lord Coyote did advise against it, as it is a more dangerous path than the one the rest of you have taken. I shall explain to you tonight, if you wish.

As I said, tonight I will be protecting myself because despite how much I'd love striking all these humans down right here and now, I can be overwhelmed and I suspect that they will try to kill me.

If there are any Shadowmen among us, may they follow me tonight and prove that my words carry truth. I do not think you can see if I was attacked, but in the morning you shall have your confirmations.

Until then, I will try to be a part of the discussion, though. Annoyingly, I cannot smell the Court's scent among the people in this gathering. They must be hiding their scents, somehow.