Long Game 37: Forest Thread

1 hour ago, Eternum said:

Well, I'd volunteer if my role didn't make me such a great Protector of the Forest..

IDK if I should just roleclaim lol, nobody would believe me tho

EDIT: After thinking about it, I actually shouldn't become Protector because if I do we'd get one less village kill, I think

You've literally role-claimed. Or close enough to one . After the last game, I'm inclined to think you're being honest....but I don't know. Trying to gain village's trust here by acting as an asset to the village?

Edit: ninja'd (by the edit) but oh well

Edited by Megasif

12 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Maayybee.

Also, don't just trust everything I do because I'm Ysengrin. I'll make a lot of mistakes, probably. This is quite literally my second game. (I think the only reason I was made Ysengrin is to cause some chaos :p) Don't trust Renard either. I asked Joe, and apparently we could have also turned out as Gunnerkrigg, for whatever reason.

I am Gillitie though.

Dunno about Renard, whoever they are.

Huh

well you should probably protect yourself then :P 

Yeah, it probably does seem suspicious. I was really doubting whether I should roleclaim by my first post, but now I actually did.

My first post could also mean I was a Rogat Orjak, or maybe Renard. Not neccesarily what I roleclaimed.

EDIT: Yeahhh I think I'll protect myself this cycle.

Pretty much, I'm nice, you can trust me, I won't kill you unless I'm completely sure you're Gunnerkrigg :P

Those first two statements don't sound much like Ysengrin, lol.

Also, I just realized that the Forest has no rolescan/alignment scan.

Aw, dang.

Can someone, like, post? I just realized I triple posted mfw

Edited by Eternum

22 minutes ago, Eternum said:

My first post could also mean I was a Rogat Orjak, or maybe Renard. Not neccesarily what I roleclaimed.

Not sure how that could've  meant either of those?:P 

Also, shadowperson is the closest thing we've got to a scanner 

Lol I just barely finished the comic. That was really cool. 

So, we're supposed to get rid of humans. Fantastic. Now why the heck did I name a character Bart Allen who turned out to be a woodsland creature? 

I'll be camping for the next few days and next week I'll be camping too so I won't be super active. I'll do my best though

Also, being a creature, why do i even have a name?!

55 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Not sure how that could've  meant either of those?:P 

Also, shadowperson is the closest thing we've got to a scanner 

Rogat Orjak Protector gets 3 lives, lol, while Renard can do a lot of stuff on his own, Kill/Protect/Roleblock etc. Adds a lot of potential to really anything.

EDIT: Also, my god, the discussion in the Court thread is hilarious.

Aren't those supposed to be the experienced players? :P

Edited by Eternum

32 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Rogat Orjak Protector gets 3 lives, lol, while Renard can do a lot of stuff on his own, Kill/Protect/Roleblock etc. Adds a lot of potential to really anything.

3 lives? o.O I was under the impression it's just one extra life.

And Reynard can only redirect and block stuff

I think

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

3 lives? o.O I was under the impression it's just one extra life.

And Reynard can only redirect and block stuff

I think

Extra lifes stack :p, there was a discussion about it in the main thread.

(Rogat Orjak gains +1 life on his own, and the protector role gives +1 life too. Total 3.)

Also, Renard also has a Coppercloud equivalent, which can negate Shadowperson follow, among other things.

Edited by Eternum

11 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Koru, if you and I were both members of the court, why would I vote for you before you declared your intentions to apply for medium? Waiting would have given me a reason to vote, and allayed much of the suspicion that Araris has voiced.

Voting before you spoke would draw a connection between us. As a member of the court, there would have been no reason for me to vote that early.

I nominated you as medium because I thought you were the right person for the role. I also feel like I'm more likely to vote on a woodsperson early than I would once the court has had their say, and have tried to twist me into voting a court member as medium.

True, you could still be a member of the court, but it's more likely that you're from the wood, because there are more of us.

Okay, two responses. First, there would be a reason for a member of the court to vote that early. Start a bandwagon, no one else has any counter proposals because we have no information. How would we propose someone else when we have no reason to? In fact, making a counterproposal would be suspicious without any solid information to base it on, even grounds for accusations such as Araris has leveled against you. Already we have three or four people voting on Doc, probably for no other reason than PK voted in the first place. I personally think docs a solid candidate based on what he's posted. Isn't that what people are always telling me? More information is always good for the village. It allows us to sort through info and come to conclusions that allow us to determine who is more probably good and more probably evil. Why that versus just rolling the dice every lynch? 

12 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm going to hold off on voting for the Medium for now. I'll consider from the people that seem to want the role that are also contributing to the discussion. For that matter, I'm going to start with a vote on PK. There is a lot of power that can change hands between the Medium and the Protector. I don't like that you are willing to support a specific person this early in the first cycle.

I dislike his logic, but then again, I'm never able to tell what role you have, and I'm not going to make any votes until I hear a response from @Paranoid King

11 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Hmm. A valid point. I could very well be trying to get the medium to choose me as a protector. As the first vote on the medium, I might be considered for the role. And if I'm not on your team, things might go poorly for you. So how about this: doc won't offer me the protector role, and I won't take it. I probably don't have the time anyways. How does that sound, @Doc12?

I see no problem otherwise with giving power to someone with the time and desire to use it. I feel like an active medium could be very helpful for us. If you suspect that doc is the air elemental and messaged me asking for my support, I can tell you that he didn't. (And I really don't have any reason to lie here.)

I think I've addressed your concerns by now? I feel like appointing a medium early on is a better choice than lynching someone early on would be. And since you seem to be ready to lynch, I'm ready to appoint. Speaking of which, Koru.

Okay, second seperated paragraph thing is entirely valid. An active medium is important. But you voted for Doc before you had any knowledge of activity. Just you promise not to become the protector doesn't mean your not evil, Doc could just as easilly hand it off to another elim, or a villager to "prove" that he's good. 

I'm also very confused by the bolded statement, could you please explain?

Turns out I'm going to have more time after all. So I will nominate myself for Medium. flash

I will bring justice to all. And mediate for all. Plus, I'm just a great guy! Vote for Flash! 

And is Joe Coyote then?

Edit: I've got a GREAT idea! Rather than lynch them all if the court decides to come over here (which it looks like they might do), we should all take the test and go over there! :P 

Edited by Flash

21 minutes ago, Flash said:

Turns out I'm going to have more time after all. So I will nominate myself for Medium. flash

I will bring justice to all. And mediate for all. Plus, I'm just a great guy! Vote for Flash! 

And is Joe Coyote then?

Edit: I've got a GREAT idea! Rather than lynch them all if the court decides to come over here (which it looks like they might do), we should all take the test and go over there! :P 

Hermaderm... two candidates for election.

So Flash, are you Demirat or Reslugcritin?

And if Joe is Coyote... does he have abilities in-game????????????????????????????????????????????????that's enough????????????if you haven't noticed, Marv is a fool??????????????I need to stop now???????

17 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Hermaderm... two candidates for election.

So Flash, are you Demirat or Reslugcritin?

And if Joe is Coyote... does he have abilities in-game????????????????????????????????????????????????that's enough????????????if you haven't noticed, Marv is a fool??????????????I need to stop now???????

I'm a conservational resluglican. 

Oh and @A Joe in the Bush a great name for this thread might be "hunting Elmer's". 

Points for anyone who gets the reference. 

Edited by Flash

Mainly because he'd kill us all immediately for being traitors to the forest.

EDIT: I love how this game has already started turning into memes and jokes. I am among my people xD

Edited by Eternum

Just now, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

But if we believe that Coyote doesn't have powers, then he doesn't! Coyote himself says that... and truth applies to one'self.

So Joe?

This is such a bad idea. SUCH A BAD IDEA. Instead of voting for him, you should be voting me for medium!!!

3 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Koru was nicer and more cultured tbh

You're second in line for the post of Chance--oh wait wrong series-- Medium.

Soooo..

If Koru does a bad job, you're up!

Nicer and more cultured? 

@Doc12 I take this personally. I challenge you to a duel of niceness and culturedness. 

And you do realize we're in the WOODS? We don't have culture. That's what the Court has!

Edited by Flash