23 minutes ago, STINK said:

But you lack the trendiness of #VoteStink

Ergo

#VoteStink

Also.Doc was gonna vote for me #FeelsBadMan

Maybe trendiness isn't my agenda :ph34r:

Anyways, you weren't truly expecting no competition, I trust. That would be boring.

And we both can find common ground in the belief that boring is bad. :P

17 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Maybe trendiness isn't my agenda :ph34r:

Anyways, you weren't truly expecting no competition, I trust. That would be boring.

And we both can find common ground in the belief that boring is bad. :P

The italics! What do they mean?!?!?!?

56 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Job Experience: I will cite my activities in MR23 as the spokesman for the Parshendi. If not the spokesman, certainly the most vocal one.

Given you're asking for our vote, Drake, might I challenge the experience you provide? I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with a degree of scrutiny, given you run for public office on such a platform.

In MR23, you claim to have been the spokesman for the Parshendi, and that we should consider this a useful qualification for the position of medium. In MR23, in thread, you took a vocal position advocating peace, and declaring yourself committed to the unaligned win. You claimed to want to out the Voidbringers, and questioned my honour when I openly admitted to thinking the Sons win was the only plausible win for the Alethi, and so supported it. Whilst maintaining this view in thread, and even before this, you made this statement in the Parshendi doc:

I will mention. I said in-thread that I'd be committed to lynching Voidbringers if the Alethi help us lynch sons of honor. Truth is I'd be reluctant to out a void ringer or vote on em. But the Alethi don't need to know that.

How would you reconcile your run for medium with a previously established tendency towards claiming honour in thread whilst acting contrary to your claim behind the scenes?

4 hours ago, STINK said:

Everything about this post is good.

Also

@Elbereth

@Orlok Tsubodai

I shouldn't even have to worry about you guys voting for me, right?

Nope. :P Stink.

2 hours ago, randuir said:

Now regarding the medium role, might it be a good idea to think about what we'd like our medium to accomplish in the other thread before picking someone? I have no doubt that STINK could create some interesting chaos in the wood thread, but if we want to accomplish something specific, another player might be a better choice. I do realize the medium defaults to neutral so that we shouldn't expect him/her to just dance to the village's tune, but the choice of player will likely have some impact anyway. As I said, I expect STINK to cause some chaos, while Brightness might encourage more of a dialogue (maybe).

Also, do we have/want to choose a medium this cycle? I know we can revoke a medium's power, but I'd rather not pick an elim by accident (as that elim can then appoint an elim dragonslayer, which would be... problematic). Actually, @Aonar Faileas, will there be a distinction between the kills in the write-up, and will the guardian appointment be made public?

I'll bring up the reason I agreed to vote for him in the first place when he asked - Stink as a medium is somewhat perfect for this game. Joe and Aonar are both trolls and very fun-oriented players, and I know that Stink will encourage that fun more than... pretty much anyone else in this thread that comes to mind. I think that's a better reason than any other I could think of. 

EDIT: As Orlok said, we'll be together and travelling until Monday. I expect my activity will increase dramatically after that point.

Edited by Elbereth

25 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

How would you reconcile your run for medium with a previously established tendency towards claiming honour in thread whilst acting contrary to your claim behind the scenes?

What fun. Yes. Thank you for bringing this up. This is going to be an interesting game.

First of all, I'd be rather interested to see you find a quite where I personally questioned your honor. I don't recall doing any such thing. This brings back memories of the whole "drake was anti-neutral" thing, and I'm still a little perplexed about how that one started.

Second of all. Yes. I am quite capable of lying for the good of my faction. And I will do so without hesitation if it ever becomes necessary, although this game should likely require less deception than MR23. Is that a bad thing? You should decide that for yourself, I think.

And on a slightly different subject, something I just realized that is somewhat of interest.

The medium names the dragonslayer and all that...

And if the medium is an eliminator, the dragonslayer is also liable to be one.

But if they medium is a villager, they might still select an eliminator as the dragonslayer, on accident.

So... That means the protector has unusually high odds at being an eliminator, unless the village chooses rather carefully.

Just a fun factoid :D

seriously though do be a little paranoid about the dragonslayer, it is a real danger

On the bright side, the dragonslayer is hardly anonymous so they can be held accountable for their actions.

And without further ado, goodnight. See you all later.

59 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

I'll bring up the reason I agreed to vote for him in the first place when he asked - Stink as a medium is somewhat perfect for this game. Joe and Aonar are both trolls and very fun-oriented players, and I know that Stink will encourage that fun more than... pretty much anyone else in this thread that comes to mind. I think that's a better reason than any other I could think of. 

My main worry is that we accidentally pick an eliminator and end up having to deal with an eliminator guardian which, depending on how public that role is, could be a problem. If this role is announced by the GM's(or if it's clear when the guardian goes on a rampage through the villagers), I have no trouble with a STINK medium. 

Edited by randuir

2 minutes ago, STINK said:

I see you Lopen :P

Hello. :P

So, I suppose I should contribute.

I don't mind if Stink is the medium I guess. I don't feel the need to vote for him though. :P I haven't completely grasped the rules yet, so I can't add much. We need to kill all of our eliminators before the other thread does, or before the other threads eliminators win.

One thing I'm looking at right now is meetings. When a Medium calls a meeting, will the villagers in the other thread be eliminators to us? Which means we'd want to lynch their most confirmed player? Or would we even want to lynch one of them? I think we'd still want to try and lynch one of our players to try to get an eliminator(on our side), since the game can't end during a meeting, which means killing someone from the other thread doesn't really help us. I think. >>

-Drake posted about the Medium/Dragonslayer-

Yeah, considering everyone will know who the Dragonslayer is, and that their win con will change to only protecting the Medium, I don't think they'll be a large danger, even if an eliminator is chosen(not sure why I thought this, Rand brings up a good point >>). Of course, if we strip the Medium of their role, the Dragonslayer will go back to their previous alignment(I'm assuming), which means they might try to give themselves an advantage by killing instead of protecting the Medium.

An Etheric Scientist and a Witch is a powerful combo.

As for the Test, can a player do this in the middle of a Day/Night? Or is it set somewhere in the Order of Actions at the end of a Turn?

Question for Aonar: If the Medium dies, what happens to the Dragonslayer, since they'll have failed their win con?

Question about the Zeta role: Does this "Each player taken has a 20% chance to die, or change alignments (alignments beyond the simple Court/Forest split...)" mean that you can get an alignment besides Gunnerkrigg or Gillitie?

That's all the questions I've got for now... :P

6 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I don't mind if Stink is the medium I guess. I don't feel the need to vote for him though. :P I haven't completely grasped the rules yet, so I can't add much. We need to kill all of our eliminators before the other thread does, or before the other threads eliminators win.

Actually, the eliminators from the other thread are on the village team of this thread, so if they win, the village in this thread wins as well. Better not to assume they will win the game for the village, and instead focus on trying to win this thread.

1 minute ago, randuir said:

Actually, the eliminators from the other thread are on the village team of this thread, so if they win, the village in this thread wins as well. Better not to assume they will win the game for the village, and instead focus on trying to win this thread.

Ohhh, right, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Just now, TheMightyLopen said:

Is that even possible? And if it is, those who stayed village would probably lose, since there would most likely be a very high eliminator to villager ratio.

But one thread would be done. D1 Game.

Just now, randuir said:

But that wouldn't be fun, now would it? :P 

Games that last one day are the pinnacle of fun! They make the GMs have to introduce a lettering system into their game, and don't forget the irony of breaking the game made by Aonar, who everyone says breaks games :P

Hmmmm...

It would be concerning if everybody agreed to take the test, and then the following cycle we find out all of the eliminators here simply decided not to switch. That would basically be an instant loss for us.

Still, if there's a way we can prevent this, I'd be game. It sounds much more interesting that way.

EDIT: Actually... It would be an instant win for 60% of us, because we'd change to Gilltie alignment... Hehehe... I'm starting to really like this plan.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Just now, Drake Marshall said:

Hmmmm...

It would be concerning if everybody agreed to take the test, and then the following cycle we find out all of the eliminators here simply decided not to switch. That would basically be an instant loss for us.

Still, if there's a way we can prevent this, I'd be game. It sounds much more interesting that way.

Alright, let's start a list of people who are willing to switch. 

1. Winter

2. Drake

3. Stink? (Can the medium do it?)

4. Anyone else.