Aluminum on Roshar

Paladin Brewer

9 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

Is Aluminum resistant to Investiture in SA, as it was in MB? I mean in its anti rioting capabilities. For instance would Kaladin have trouble Lashing a piece? Could it stop Shardblades?

If it's "surge-repellent" does that mean it's more difficult to Soulcast? What about Soul Casting aluminum into something else? Idk why im trying to determine if this is an end-negative system of draining Investiture.

You can soulcast something into aluminum, but we've heard nothing about it being unable to be soulcast into something else. I doubt it can be though. 

Spoilers for Mistborn, and Emperors Soul 

Spoiler

It blocks both Allomancy and as Ralkelest the unforgable metal, forging. 

There's some dissension on team Sanderson on whether Shardblades can cut it. I think the reason for this is that it does block the investiture and doesn't "cut" but Shardblades still exert physical force and aluminum is a very brittle metal (most of what we call aluminum, such as cans is actually duralumin which is much more malleable). 

So I think that Shardblades don't cut aluminum, but the physical force still breaks the metal due to it's brittle nature. 

Until we get something official from them though, all we know of aluminum on Roshar is that it's only obtainable via soulcasting. 

• Chaos locked this topic