How does marsh replace his eye spike

One spike

Vin pulls out one of Marsh' s eye spikes at the end of hero of ages, but he has 2 when he appears to Marasi at the end of the alloy of law. Does anyone know how it gets replaced? Harmony confirms it was Marsh in the conversation he has with wax in the carriage in Shadows of self

Yeah, Inquisitor spikes aren't as 'personal' as kandra ones (they're a special case because theirs also fixes the cognitive block they have as mistwraiths) so if he couldn't recover his original spike he could have grabbed an appropriate one from the corpse of an Inquisitor.

Spoiler

In the SH kelsier comments about how there is a small pile of inquisitor spikes lying around that being the case finding a replacement would be easy and as has already been stated he would put in the replacement without a problem.

wouldn't the spike have significantly less power as it was just sitting around and not "protected" with blood?

i remember reading somewhere that the longer the spike was out the less effective it would be or something...unless being an Inquisitor negates this somehow like Koloss using spikes to make new Koloss & blessings for Kandra & such.....maybe i just answered my own question....*brain hurting* :blink:

1 minute ago, nagol99 said:

wouldn't the spike have significantly less power as it was just sitting around and not "protected" with blood?

i remember reading somewhere that the longer the spike was out the less effective it would be or something...unless being an Inquisitor negates this somehow like Koloss using spikes to make new Koloss & blessings for Kandra & such.....maybe i just answered my own question....*brain hurting* :blink:

It would degrade. So whatever specific thing it granted would be weakened. 

Still has to be better than having a hole through your head. 

Knowing marsh it would hardly have bothered one way or the other. It is also possible according to the coppermind that had they been coated in aluminum it is theorized to stop the break down of hemalurgical spikes. 

Edited by Nathrangking

• Chaos locked this topic