Awwww... But my theories...

Eh, it makes things easier, I guess. 's OK, El. I completely forgot they were even called Stonewards for a couple cycles, if it helps :P

So who are we lynching now? Sart or Stink?

Also, I'll admit that the only reason I really had a village read on Stink was because they were nice to me, and their analyses seemed village-y enough.

I haven't seen much concrete proof towards them being elim, but eh. We don't have concrete proof on anyone.

Mate, right now you're not being of any help whatsoever. If you want the village to win, you should explain to us. Why do you trust these people, why are you so confident in their village..ness? (idk, don't ask me)

At the very least, explain in PMs if you don't want to do so in thread,

Edited by Eternum

4 hours ago, Eternum said:

What makes you lean elim on me, Lopen? Just curious, really. Don't need you to explain everything, just give me a TL;DR of your thought process on me.

Well, it's something similar to what Mage just said about you. You're quick to throw out these theories, and you make it sound like you're sure that's what happened. So much so that it feels like an act to me. Like, back in the first cycle, you were very quick to "trust" Rae, when it's your very first game to play with her or at all.

And now, in possibly the final cycle of the game(if we mislynch), you seem very slow to take a stance. Caution is good since we need to be careful, but I can't help but think you're hesitating because you want to see how the village thinks before you take your stance.

37 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Well who is an eliminator if not anyone up for the lynch?

I'm sticking with Stink.

2 hours ago, Eternum said:

Mage, it's probably just the way I organize my posts.

I think that making connections like I have been, theorizing, etc. are how I play. (Granted, I have a lot of experience with those, being a Sanderson fan for years now..) I'm still kind of figuring out my playstyle, but I honestly just want to help.

I really want to win my first SE game/first village game, and so I am a bit overenthusiastic, but I guess I'm always a bit overenthusiastic, regardless of circumstance.

*Shrug*, lynching me won't really help the village. Sure, I'm roleless, but any villager votes right now are valuable.

Possibly.  Elenion also said you remind him of him, and I tend to have negative reads on Len as well.

Also, the fact that Arinian actually was a Stoneward makes me feel better about Eternum.  

At this point, I'm not confident about our chances of winning.  I'm worried STINK might be a Truthless, and I don't know who else to vote on.  Elith, the only other person I was suspicious of, won't be back till Friday, so he should probably die by inactivity soon.  

-sigh-

53 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Well, it's something similar to what Mage just said about you. You're quick to throw out these theories, and you make it sound like you're sure that's what happened. So much so that it feels like an act to me. Like, back in the first cycle, you were very quick to "trust" Rae, when it's your very first game to play with her or at all.

And now, in possibly the final cycle of the game(if we mislynch), you seem very slow to take a stance. Caution is good since we need to be careful, but I can't help but think you're hesitating because you want to see how the village thinks before you take your stance.

I actually do want to see what you all think before I place a final vote, tbh.

Also, yes, I was very sure of my theories when I came up with them. Why wouldn't I be? Then again, they all turned out to be wrong, which kind of makes me doubt myself a bit more.

And no, it's no act. I'm always overconfident, overenthusiastic and a dash hyperactive, with a good helping of sass on the side.

EDIT: Also, Mage, Elith won't die of inactivity. They gave a reason as to why they'll be gone, and as such they have to be killed or lynched.

Edited by Eternum

Stink. I haven't really been on form this game, but really? How do you know that Lopen and Sart are good?

I'm of the view that Stink's been trolling us - he's confident that the game is secure, so is causing trouble, and relying on people worrying about obvious eliminators, when we really should have lynched him a couple of cycles ago.

4 hours ago, Magestar said:

@Elbereth, apologies if this has already been asked, but is there a difference between; [Player has Died!] and [Player was Killed]?  I only ask because both have been used, and I would rather know if there's another kill out there. 

The two are interchangeable. 

34 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Theory: Could the truthless be a village sympathizer?

Sure, unless there's something in the role we don't know about, there's no reason the Truthless couldn't be attempting to get the Elims to vote on them so they can help the village that way.  That's somewhat less likely in many cases, since I know when I've been an Elim I tried to avoid voting in a block with even a few of my teammates, but late in the game like this it could be a killer move (heh).

I kinda don't think that's what Stink is doing, though.  Stink is just being Stink, erratic and random as usual, and I suspect he's village.  This is how he always acts.

Just now, STINK said:

These are all baseless accusations on me.

Just because I'm right all the time, doesn't mean I need to be lynched!

Two thoughts here: Stink is either the Truthless, or is acting so erratically that he wants us to think he's the Truthless. I'm pretty certain that it's the latter. A Truthless would know that acting like an eliminator makes it look obvious that they're Truthless, and so would seek to avoid it. An eliminator, on the other hand, wants to act like a Truthless trying to get themselves lynched, hoping that we think there's just enough of a likelihood to think he is Truthless to fear voting for him.

@Magestar @Jondesu @Roadwalker @Sart @overlordjebus @Ecthelion III, mind adding your vote to Stink? I don't want a hammer to be pulled, and not voting leaves things wide open for one. Especially if they have vote manipulation. At this point, I don't think any of us voting on Stink are going to change our minds, so splitting the votes by voting someone else will more than likely end up working in the elims favor.

I don't like this bandwagon, and @TheMightyLopen, there's no particular danger of a hammer right at the moment.  5 votes on him, one on Sart still (me), and nothing else.  Granted, I can understanding recommending those who haven't voted pick a candidate, but asking me to switch my vote right now just really sets off warning bells, when there's already a long bandwagon.  Obviously not all of you voting on Stink are Elims, but it's entirely possible that the whole Elim team just plopped their votes down on the convenient target, or several of them.  I've suddenly become a lot more wary of you, Lopen, as well as DA, Winter, Orlok, and Eternum.

I would be open to lynching someone other than Sart, but I will not be adding my vote to the Stink bandwagon.  If he's fooled me, so be it, but I feel fairly confident that Stink is village.

39 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I don't like this bandwagon, and @TheMightyLopen, there's no particular danger of a hammer right at the moment.  5 votes on him, one on Sart still (me), and nothing else.  Granted, I can understanding recommending those who haven't voted pick a candidate, but asking me to switch my vote right now just really sets off warning bells, when there's already a long bandwagon.  Obviously not all of you voting on Stink are Elims, but it's entirely possible that the whole Elim team just plopped their votes down on the convenient target, or several of them.  I've suddenly become a lot more wary of you, Lopen, as well as DA, Winter, Orlok, and Eternum.

I would be open to lynching someone other than Sart, but I will not be adding my vote to the Stink bandwagon.  If he's fooled me, so be it, but I feel fairly confident that Stink is village.

Jeez I just realized how that looks. 3/5 are people I suspect. 1 is me. 

Since the Sart lynch apparently isn’t happening, how about one on Lopen? I wasn’t going to do this, but that first post this cycle is really bugging me. He’s attacking Stink for correctly (he claims) knowing Lopen was village? I think maybe Stink was just wrong about you, Lopen, and so was I.

10 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Since the Sart lynch apparently isn’t happening, how about one on Lopen? I wasn’t going to do this, but that first post this cycle is really bugging me. He’s attacking Stink for correctly (he claims) knowing Lopen was village? I think maybe Stink was just wrong about you, Lopen, and so was I.

I dont understand the reasoning exactly. Plus, its kind of late for a switch, unless you're an elim planning one... :P

7 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I dont understand the reasoning exactly. Plus, its kind of late for a switch, unless you're an elim planning one... :P

There’s over an hour left. I was lynched in the last minutes of a round not long ago, so I’m not just giving up and saying I’ll see ya’ll next cycle. I might if I didn’t think a mislynch here would be really bad, but we don’t have many chances left.

And I find it suspicious that your reasoning for thinking Stink is Elim is how sure he sounded about you being village. It doesn’t add up.

The lynch on STINK is crazy. If you recall correctly, Lopen was attacked cycle 3 by the Skybreakers. Thus, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that Lopen would be trusted. The only way that makes any sense is if the eliminators were trying a wound gazelle gambit. Therefore, Stink trusting Lopen is logical. Further, that makes voting on Lopen a really sketchy proposition to me. If we're sure about this, then the team would have had to pull that gambit. Unfortunately, I think my read on Lopen is the better of the two options presented to me. Orlok is my biggest suspicion, especially after people leapt to his defense. I would rather lynch him if there were more people on, but alas.

The Last Hour - Dying
1 p.m.

This time the circle’s reformation is slower. Squires pause, talking to each other, trying to work out who is evil. The arena is full of whispers that lead in circles, around and around without end or clarity. 

Finally, though, the thirteen (for even in the few short hours of the morning, their numbers have been nearly halved) join and watch each other. 

Eyes fall on Ardent Sartal, at first. He has been suspected for a time now, given Ardent Aaliyah’s death. 

Revali steps forward. “I think that Lazar is evil,” he announces. There’s a strange weight to the proclamation, which most don’t notice, but they trust it. 

“Agreed,” Belegaer says. “He’s been acting oddly all game.”

Lazar grins. 

John rolls his eyes. “I’m fine with that. I don’t have a clue what’s going on with him, and it’s getting annoying.”

Lazar sticks his tongue out at John, and proclaims proudly, “I know what’s going on!”

Locke smirks. “Yes, because you’re the one who’s been murdering us. Acting suspicious deliberately, perhaps, to make us think you’re too obvious?”

Albion Kerenas is next to nod. “Yes. Lazar would be my choice as well.”

Silver smiles. “Let’s kill him.”

The six advance on Lazar, who grins at them. 

They attack, and he roars and draws a sword. Each Squire tries to lay a hand on him, but he fights with a skill and experience that they struggle to match even with six to his one. 

One by one, each fall. Revali, beheaded for his pains. Albion and John have their legs cut out from under them, and throats slit when Lazar’s blade bothers to flicker down. Lazar stabs Silver in the gut, then whirls to catch Belegaer’s attack and slices down the man’s arm. While still distracted by the pain of his arm, Belegaer falls to a mortal wound in the side. 

Ardent Sartal and Damond join, now, infuriated by the deaths. They’ve managed to draw weapons, unlike the others. Lazar grins, swinging at Damond and wounding his upper arm, but before Lazar can extricate his sword from the wound, Sartal manages to drive his sword deep into Lazar’s side.

Lazar doesn’t fall, though. He grows angrier. Damond falls moments later, and Sartal is disarmed and beheaded in two blows. 

The arena falls silent. Lazar, still seeming slight and only made fearsome through the blood covering him, stands above the bodies of eight fellow squires. The jeweled hilt of a sword still protrudes from his side, and he grasps it. His attempts to remove it, however, are futile: he is too weak. 

Slowly, the four remaining watch him slump to the ground and complete the pile of the dead. 

Locke steps back as the others attack, and watches. He smiles. 

Tzlim, Ceol, Teralarin, and Sebas are in shock. Teralarin and Sebas have both been somewhat dazed for a while, now. The shock of so many deaths before their eyes simply reduces them to being essentially catatonic, rather than merely stunned. 

Tzlim, however, has the presence of mind to look around, and sees Locke’s expression of satisfaction.

Locke notices his look and turns, stalking towards him. “Well done,” he comments. “You actually noticed.”

Tzlim stares at Locke. He opens his mouth, to call out, warn the others. 

Before he can say a word, though, Locke raises his hand and a Shardblade appears in it. Locke takes one more step, and Tzlim falls. 

Locke turns to the others. “Well, gentlemen, this has been an interesting morning, but I think it’s time to draw this experiment to its conclusion.”

2 p.m.

Locke walks out of the arena casually. Another ordinary soldier, going about his business. He makes his way to a nearby restaurant, where he’d met Lazar for the first time. In the Truthless’ honour, he buys a particular horneater specialty the man had liked: flatbread with sauce and other, less-identifiable pieces. 

He smiles, content in the knowledge that he has averted the end of the world.

Stink was lynched! He was a Skybreaker Truthless!
Orlok was attacked, but didn’t die!
Lopen has died! He was a Elsecaller!
Eternum has died! He was a New Recruit!
Winter has died! He was a New Recruit!
Roadwalker has died! He was a New Recruit!
Darkness Ascendant has died! He was a New Recruit!
Sart has died! He was a New Recruit!
Magestar has died! He was a New Recruit!
Jondesu was killed! He was a Elsecaller

The Skybreakers have won. 

Vote Count
>Stink (8): Orlok, Lopen, Eternum, Winter, Roadwalker, DA, Sart, Magestar 
>Lopen (1): Jondesu

Player List
1. Elithanathile - Sebas New Recruit
2. Drake - Aaliyah New Recruit
3. Mage - Damond New Recruit
4. Eternum - Albion Kerenas New Recruit
5. Jebus - Teralarin New Recruit
6. Flash - Johnny Quick New Recruit
7. Elenion - Albert Vospar New Recruit
8. Orlok - Highprince Locke Tekiel Nale
9. Megasif - Zirconidas New Recruit
10. Winter Devotion - John New Recruit
11. Roadwalker - Silver New Recruit
12. Jondesu - Tzlim Elsecaller
13. Paranoid King - Spiff Dustbringer
14. Stick - Dan New Recruit
15. Sami - Aleta Nebrask New Recruit
16. Stink - Lazar Skybreaker Truthless
17. Arraenae - Malnar Dustbringer
18. Lopen - Revali Elsecaller
19. Darkness - Belegaer New Recruit
20. Bard - Melinon New Recruit
21. Ecthelion - Ceol and Vis New Recruit
22. Yitzi - Brightlord Erethin New Recruit
23. Sart - Ardent Sartal New Recruit
24. Arinian - Alrin Dustbringer

More postgame thoughts to come later, but the relevant bit: there were only two eliminators in the game, Orlok/Nale and Stink/Truthless. Nale was the reason for the PAFO - he had multiple powers, rather than just one. Also, docs to come shortly. Congratulations to all on a very amusing game, and go sign up for LG37 if you haven’t already!

Edited by Elbereth