Zirconidas carefully stepped forward, his eyes downcast. He tried to hide his trembling, clenched his teeth and looked up.

"Zir-Zirconidas, Lady brightness. My brother was a radiant in Highlord Dalinar's army at Urithiru. I want to follow in his footsteps and protect Roshar."

He went back in line, letting out a breath he felt he had been holding in for an hour. He looked up at the blue sky and the calm that indicated an incoming highstorm and thought to himself. Where are you, Zephyras?

A completely innocuous person unsuspiciously shuffled up the the squadron. They started nodding along in a perfectly normal matter. Their name was John, a normal Vorin name, and they acted completely normal.

-

I'm back! 

Havent played since before we got into the 20s of game numbers, but I'm better than ever and super excited. 

7 hours ago, Alvron said:

Bard, Mage and Winter are all playing??? :o  Of all the games for me to sit out. :(  Ah well, I'll just have to hunt them down later. :ph34r:

Melinon could have sworn he felt a prickling on the back of his neck of someone watching him. He turned around, looking around, but there was no-one watching him. Except the Cthaeh, of course. The Cthaeh was always watching...

The prickling feeling continued, however. Continuing to ignore the glares of the behemoth next to him, he turned around again. Around the cobbled courtyard, up on top of the tents... there. On top of the pole, was that a figure, watching the proceedings? What was he up to? He looked at the exit. He didn't know what was going on here, but he felt like he was a lamb being set up for the slaughter. Now might be his last chance to get out.

Then the prickling on his neck stopped. Melinon looked around, confused, and took a moment to find the pillar where he was sure he saw the figure before. Whoever it was was gone. For some reason, this helped Melinon ease the tension in his shoulders just slightly, though he couldn't put his finger on why the figure in the distance seemed so foreboding. Maybe, just maybe, this would all go well, and this would be Melinon's path to victory.

Nevertheless, he kept a firm eye on the exits of the courtyard.

To El: This has never really been your style, but I've grown too used to Joe not to ask this: Are there any secret roles or alignments in this game?[/color=blue]

13 hours ago, Alvron said:

Bard, Mage and Winter are all playing??? :o  Of all the games for me to sit out. :(  Ah well, I'll just have to hunt them down later. :ph34r:

The fact I'm included in a list of people to be murdered makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :D

9 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

To El: This has never really been your style, but I've grown too used to Joe not to ask this: Are there any secret roles or alignments in this game?

No. (Also, this is my third game that is my own, and at least one of them you didn't play. :P I'm not sure you have much of a basis to know what 'my style' is, though to be fair neither of those ended up with secret roles in them either.)

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

Also, does dying of inactivity count for the truthless's win? I'd assume not, just checking though. 

Correct. 

Joining as Dan, a man who bears a suspiciously striking resemblance to a stick, though nobody seems to ever comment on it. (Or maybe that's just what he thinks.) 

“...You have been chosen as members of Alethkar’s first…”
“I am Dan!”
“...could become the legendary first squadron in a line of…” Brightness Kenara continues, as if Dan hadn't spoken.
Do they not believe him? Is there doubt? Do they suspect it already? No, Dan wills himself to calm down- he probably wasn't loud enough. He wipes a bead of sweat from his forehead with a hand that, suspiciously enough, looks like a branch with leaves taped to his body with duct tape.
“I am Dan the human!” he repeats, a little louder. This time, a couple of people standing near Dan cast brief glances his way. Dan is certain this was approval of some kind. Dan understands now. He should've specified his species earlier as well. He makes a mental note to mention his species every time from now on.
As Brightness Kenara continues saying things Dan cares little about, he puts on a wide smile and stares into nothingness with eyes that he had found in the forests long ago. Eyes that he is pretty sure used to belong to a rabbit.

After a long time of standing still and smiling, the person next to Dan nudges him forward. Dan is confused. What is he to do? Brightness Kenara stands in front of him, obviously expecting him to declare something. 
Had the information Dan given them earlier been insufficient? He does not know what to say. Perhaps he should've listened what the others were saying on their turns. 
“I am Dan! And I am Dan who is indeed human!”
With that he marches back to his place. Taking his time doing so, one foot at a time. The last thing he wants is to trip over his own carefully assembled body parts.

On 27/07/2017 at 7:30 AM, Elbereth said:

Elsecaller: You may survive one attack or lynch, through transporting yourself somewhere slightly less dangerous. 

Is this a passive ability?

On 27/07/2017 at 7:30 AM, Elbereth said:

Truthless: You want to die. Specifically, you want everyone else to come together to kill you, because that is what you deserve. Your win condition is to be lynched. However, anyone who votes on you the cycle you are lynched is attacked

Attacked as in death? :0 

On 07/28/2017 at 7:25 AM, Alvron said:

And if I join too?

Signing up as Draen, a spearman with an axe attached to the head of his weapon.

I probably won't be RPing El.

Just now, Haelbarde said:

And if I join too?

Signing up as Draen, a spearman with an axe attached to the head of his weapon.

Oh comon!  Next you'll tell me that Burnt and Claincy are joining.

6 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Oh comon!  Next you'll tell me that Burnt and Claincy are joining.

You should be safe :P I don't think Claincy is any less busy, and Burnt doesn't do QFs.

Edit: Are the skybreakers roleless? Or can they have any role?

Edited by Haelbarde

4 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Is this a passive ability?

Attacked as in death? :0 

Yes, Elsecalling is passive. 

Yes, attacked as in death. :P 

49 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

You should be safe :P I don't think Claincy is any less busy, and Burnt doesn't do QFs.

Edit: Are the skybreakers roleless? Or can they have any role?

They can have any role. (Which, yes, doesn't make sense flavourwise, I apologise. They have similar-effect powers based on their own Surges or something. :P

Edited by Elbereth

1 minute ago, Elbereth said:

They can have any role. (Which, yes, doesn't make sense flavourwise, I apologise. They have similar-effect powers based on their own Surges or something. :P

Cool, so what I thought.

Thanks, @Elithanathile! Anyway, yeah, I intend to play.

Albion stepped forward as his turn to introduce himself arrived.

"I am Albion Kerenas, Brightlord. Brightness. Previous to arriving here, I was an officer in Highprince Aladar's army."

He stepped back again, eyes forward.

@Orlok Tsubodai I think you're confusing Mistborn and Stormlight lol