Before the assembled squires stands a stern woman who has introduced herself as Brightness Kenara. 

“Welcome to Squadron Alpha,” she says. “You have been chosen as members of Alethkar’s first attempt to train Knights Radiant as warriors for the glory of the Almighty. A test group, as it were. You could become the legendary first squadron in a line of hundreds.

“That, or you become a failure forever forgotten to history. Up to you.” There are murmurs. 

“Silence,” she says. “I’m not done. While you’ll be sent into the field soon enough, for now you’re only training. Specifically, rather than individuals, you have to learn to function as a single, coherent unit.

“To that end, each recruit will step forward. List your name, previous occupation, and and anything else you think it’d be useful for the squadron to know.”

She looks at the person at the end of the line. 

Welcome to QF25: A Sundered Sky! 

Housekeeping
No minimum of votes to lynch; tied vote results in a coinflip.
I will take writeup requests, both in the form of full completed writeups and anything the player wishes included upon his or her death. On a similar note, if you are certain that you will not RP, tell me so that I can use your character in the writeups at my discretion. 
PMs are completely open. They can be sent at any time to anyone, including group PMs. (The only rule is that you cannot add players to already extant PMs.)
Rollover is tentatively set to occur at 9pm PDT / 5am BST. 
There is a 2-cycle inactivity filter. If you do not post or PM for 2 cycles without explanation, you will be killed.

Factions
Squires: Village faction. Must kill all Skybreakers to win. 

Skybreakers: Eliminator faction with a doc to communicate, and a kill each turn. Must kill or outnumber all Squires to win. 

Roles
Lightweaver: You may protect one person from attacks every cycle, through changing their appearance to look like something else. 

Elsecaller: You may survive one attack or lynch, through transporting yourself somewhere slightly less dangerous. 

Stoneward: You may use your surge of Cohesion to make a player change their vote to any player who has already been voted on. 

Dustbringer: You may use your surges of Division and Abrasion to knock out a player for a cycle, rendering them unable to vote (though they may still take actions). 

New Recruit: You are too new to being a squire to have any powers which you can actually use yet, but you’re learning. You may be of any order (and I will accept requests), but have no other actions. 

Truthless: You want to die. Specifically, you want everyone else to come together to kill you, because that is what you deserve. Your win condition is to be lynched. However, anyone who votes on you the cycle you are lynched is attacked. 

Quick Links:

Clarifications

Rule edit: There is a 2-cycle inactivity filter. If you do not post or PM for 48 hours without explaining your absence, you will die. This does not count for the Truthless win. 

PAFO on secret roles or alignments. 

Elsecaller is a passive ability. 

Skybreakers can have any role. 

Lightweavers may self-protect, but may not protect the same person two turns in a row. 

Player List
1. Elithanathile - Sebas - butler with dreams
2. Drake - Aaliyah
3. Mage - Damond
4. Eternum - Albion Kerenas - former officer
5. Jebus - Teralarin - overenthusiastic former squadleader
6. Flash - Johnny Quick - even faster than his name
7. Elenion - Albert Vospar - merchant and "former" revolutionary
8. Orlok - Highprince Locke Tekiel - very slightly arrogant 
9. Megasif - Zirconidas - nervous brother of a Radiant
10. Winter Devotion - John - definitely normal
11. Roadwalker - Silver - exterminator, possibly a bird
12. Jondesu - Tzlim - mute (but talks in italics)
13. Paranoid King - Spiff
14. Stick - Dan - quiet and suspiciously sticklike
15. Sami - Aleta Nebrask - hiding in nonexistent curtains 
16. Stink - Lazar - likes being in non-consensual relationships, apparently
17. Arraenae - Malnar - is not pleased at his idiotic surroundings 
18. Lopen - Revali - might kill people in his sleep 
19. Darkness - Belegaer - new to existence 
20. Bard - Melinon - scared of shadows
21. Ecthelion
22. Yitzi - Brightlord Erethin
23. Sart - Ardent Sartal
24. Arinian - Alrin

Spectators
1. Alvron (Impartial Moderator) - Naihar and Lorna
2. Seonid
3. Wilson - Kenara
4. Striker
5. Aonar
6. Brightness Radiant
7. Straw
8. Hael - Draen
9. Doc - Hithon
10. A Joe in the Bush

Rollover will be ~9pm PDT, unless something changes. 

The game will start a week from when it began on Wednesday, August 2nd (Thursday for non-Americans). 

blu_1501732800.png 

Edited by Elbereth

Naihar slides across the ground coming to a halt just outside the camp.  A long coil of vines wrapped around his body.

Sniff. This is a joke right?  A first attempt to train Knights?  Do they not know their history?  I was a squire long before their Kingdom existed.

Above the camp, crouched atop a pillar was a solitary figure.  Her long hair flowing in the wind while her custom made crossbow was strapped to her back.  Lorna took one look at the gathering mob and shook her head.

"These folk have no idea what they are getting themselves into."

Not playing but both Lorna the Elsecaller and Naihar the Edgedancer felt the need to comment. :P 

Edited by Alvron

Hi! I'm Sebas the new butler of Squad Alpha. That basically means I get to carry their armor, clean the latrines, and worship their beautiful visages! I'm just a dark-eyes, and know that I can't ever be a radiant, but a guy can dream, right? But sometimes I just want to throw myself out a window and watch the ground become the sky...

Yeah, this one looks fun and I want to keep up with the SE games that are happening. Sign me up!

This game looks fun.

Not sure if I should be in 3 games again though. I was just in 3 games, and to speak truthfully, the result was that I simply neglected L35.

On the other hand, MR23 will probably be over by the time this starts. So I'll probably sign up for this, once I can think of a proper character for it. Tempted to play this as Uther.

EDIT: Also, now I know where the "vote on this person and we might all die" idea came from, heh :P

Edited by Drake Marshall

Just as the echo of Brightness Kenara's words faded a tall, green eyed man stepped forward. Hands behind his back, the man wore the blue military uniform of a man within the employ of the Kholin army.

"Squadleader Teralarin reporting, Brightness!" He barked, snapping a quick salute to Kenara before deflating slightly, resting one hand on the pommel of his sword.

You excitable twit, why did you salute the Brightness! Calm down and try not to make a fool of yourself...

"I was sent this way because some... Strange things keep happening around me...."

There was still time. Brightness Kenara hasn't reached us yet. I squirmed, looking around. The exits were uncovered. All it would take would be to make a dash, rush into the nearest alleyway. I wasn't good at much else, but I was fairly sure that once I made it into the alleyway it would be childs play to lose anyone chasing after me. I continued to peer around, looking for any obstacles or people that might get in my way. When I turned the other way, I saw another Alethi soldier beside me, almost blocking out from the sun with his enormous frame, look over and gave me a menacing glare, before turning back and returning to a stiff attention posture.

I could do it. If I was to dash away, now would be my chance. I'd signed up to be a hero, to have an adventure. But there were no heroes in war. Only death. Lots and lots of death. And then, a messenger arrived, telling me to meet in the square for a 'glorious opportunity'. I was fairly certain they said the same thing to soldiers going on suicide missions. On the other hand... Was this the moment? If I walked away now, let Melinon Olmar mean nothing for the rest of my life, having slipped away now, only to find that the rest of these people, lining up straight and neat as a firing squad, went on to be the heroes I'd always wanted to be. Would I ever forgive myself if I moved away now?

Sure, we were only going out on a training exercise. But, this moment right here might be my last chance to get away. I shifted in my position, drawing another glare from hulk next to me. Meanwhile, Brightness Kenara moved another space down the line. "I'm Johnny Quick, Brightness."

If it wasn't clear, that was me being indecisive about whether or not I should join the game. I'll either be joining or spec'ing, but I'm not sure which yet. What will it be? Will Melinon stay, or will he run away? Stay tuned to find out, folks. :P
Edited by The Young Bard
Testing whether or not I can edit for Eternum. La di da.

@Eternum Hi, and welcome to SE! Like mafia, but cooler! And with powers. And thematic. And neat rules. And the best GMs you'll ever find! #EcthelionBestGM2017.

If you want to sign up to try it out, I would recommend it. To sign up, all you really need to do is to say you want to play, and your name will be added to the list. Describing a character is optional, but it gives you more direction to Role-Play during the game, which can be a really fun part.

My advice since this is a QF is to keep the tab open and check up on it a few times a day, or as soon as possible. Things will happen fast, and if you don't keep up on it you can end up being lynched within minutes. (Like me. Don't be like me.)

I'm glad you decided to play, and I hope you have fun!

I'll nab a link to the spec doc as well, since my LG'll be starting signups soon. The upgraded Jester (Truthless) role looks like it'd be a blast to play, though.... (And will induce a stupid amount of paranoia. :P)

3 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

I'll nab a link to the spec doc as well, since my LG'll be starting signups soon. The upgraded Jester (Truthless) role looks like it'd be a blast to play, though.... (And will induce a stupid amount of paranoia. :P)

Oh man, I missed that. Reconsidering…no, I'll be strong. I must sit this one out.  I must…

My name's Albert Vospar. Merchant by day, revolutionary by night. I've worked in numerous revolutionary cells throughout Alethkar, but I can never stay in the same place too long because I'm beginning to become recognized on sight. I'm hoping that this Radiant training gives me a way to exit this revolutionary-ing business, because honestly I'm getting a little too old for that sort of thing.

Notice: My activity may be a little lower than usual, but I won't go full inactive on you.

Another SA game!!! Signing up as....frglehshsufjnehl.....I have been ambushed by my friends and convinced to only ask for a spec link if you please *glares at friends holding shardblade at me to keep me out of game. 

:P sorry I can't make this one cuz I've already promised myself ...and my friends lol....to take a break for a bit. Good luck to everyone and I'll be making fun of you cheering on you all from the spec doc! ;)

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Highprince Locke Tekiel strode forward, and turned to address His assembled entourage.

"Welcome, all. You do your families a great honour through presenting yourself in My service. I look forward to sending you all to die to further the position of my Noble House."

Locke turned back, to face Brightness Kenara.

"Thank you, Brightness, for marshalling these men on My behalf. You are dismissed. I'm sure my steward will have another task for you."