2017-11-21 [Oathbringer] Anderson's Bookshop - Naperville, IL (Chicago)

Volratho

So here is a link to my copy of the audio from the event. I did my best of separating the audio into sections, but I have not done any cleaning up of the audio. I have uploaded the relevant parts to Arcanum already.

Be warned, there are Oathbringer Spoilers in some of the audio files. You have been warned.

11-21-2017 Oathbringer Audio

1 hour ago, Volratho said:

So here is a link to my copy of the audio from the event. I did my best of separating the audio into sections, but I have not done any cleaning up of the audio. I have uploaded the relevant parts to Arcanum already.

Be warned, there are Oathbringer Spoilers in some of the audio files. You have been warned.

11-21-2017 Oathbringer Audio

Awesome.

I'm going through the signing line audio right now (and yes, mine did find a way to screw up again, but not a total loss) but I think yours and others' probably is a better bet, I'll see if I can clean it at all, but anything is probably better than what I got.

13 minutes ago, Zmann966 said:

Awesome.

I'm going through the signing line audio right now (and yes, mine did find a way to screw up again, but not a total loss) but I think yours and others' probably is a better bet, I'll see if I can clean it at all, but anything is probably better than what I got.

If you are going through my audio (awesome), I should warn you that I had a few minutes downtime between STE-003 and STE-004, I had to change the batteries in the recorder. in the FLAC and MP3 versions I just lumped them together without a transition. 

9 hours ago, Volratho said:

If you are going through my audio (awesome), I should warn you that I had a few minutes downtime between STE-003 and STE-004, I had to change the batteries in the recorder. in the FLAC and MP3 versions I just lumped them together without a transition. 

Ironically, yours is the best audio of the signing line :) Fortunately I was able to figure out how all the different signing line recordings line up, so we should be able to use your audio for everything you have, and then use one of the others for the gap.

Cosplayers, (or anyone else who is interested) I've uploaded all the photos onto my Dropbox. They're basically all variations on the same with a few gifs my phone made out of the photo bursts, but you can have your pick of the lot this way. (I didn't curate this at all, I just uploaded them all and went with it, so I apologize for any terrible photos that guy took of us on there.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkkydgm90r17z3e/AABav-Gv4eLXmwXx_5UuEMhla?dl=0

On 11/21/2017 at 7:41 PM, Ookla the Obtuse said:

ic-6618.thumb.jpg.99501d232151dcdfa2e0eaf490b35041.jpgIMG_20171121_203333.thumb.jpg.2d2724d6a0439a1667e2c77b34539d61.jpg

@JoyBlu It's not as flashy as the others, but I ran with it. How did I do?

I absolutely love the bottle on your head!!!!!!!!

so much fun!

@Ookla the Obtuse

did Brandon say anything  about your costume? I bet it is the first he has seen!

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing. 

Just now, JoyBlu said:

did Brandon say anything  about your costume? I bet it is the first he has seen!

He was very confused until I told him the story of your post and how I just decided "yeah, okay," then he laughed as much as he could with his cold. It was definitely an interesting experience trying to make my costume look like a grungy bargoer then standing up there next to all those beautiful cosplays of named characters. 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Obtuse said:

then he laughed as much as he could with his cold. 

Well that was the biggest smile I’ve seen from Brandon Sanderson this tour. I’m glad he got a chuckle out of it. And I’m thrilled that the costume actually worked out! I’m very impressed. 

After seeing your photo . . If you really wanted to dress up as a named character, I’m imagining you as a good Sebriel. Although  I would have to go back to the book and re-read his physical description. 

4 minutes ago, JoyBlu said:

If you really wanted to dress up as a named character, 

I kind of like doing minor characters, though next time I'll have to be more recognizeable. At Gen Con I went at the Cabbage Merchant from Avatar: The Last Airbender and you wouldn't believe the positive reaction I got from people. 

Really though, I want to start putting some money aside and really make an amazing Pattern cosplay.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Contradictory said:

Anyone know what that super long silvery chain is for sale in Celebrant? WoB 54, I must have skimmed it but I can't think what it could be related to?

Is this what you're referring to? It's something out of Oathbringer, we aren't sure what.

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

There is an expensive steel chain in the shops in Celebrant. Is there anything significant about that.

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

*Hands a RAFO card*

That is such a big RAFO. Super-big RAFO.

Footnote: OB chapter 102, described as "a long thin silvery chain", not steel

I'm super curious too. It must be important. I wonder if it's otherworldly or related to Roshar.

Edited by Ookla the Effervescent

6 hours ago, Ookla the Effervescent said:

Is this what you're referring to? It's something out of Oathbringer, we aren't sure what.

Hide contents

I'm super curious too. It must be important. I wonder if it's otherworldly or related to Roshar.

OB Spoilers:

Spoiler

They found a place selling weapons, and Adolin tried to negotiate while Kaladin browsed. Some kitchen knives. A few hand axes. And sitting in a locked, glass-topped box, a long thin silvery chain. “You like?” the shopkeeper asked. She was made of vines—her face formed as if from green string—and wore a havah with a crystal safehand exposed. “Only a thousand broams of Stormlight.” “A thousand broams?” Kaladin asked. He looked down at the box, which was locked to the table and guarded by small orange spren that looked like people. “No thanks.” The pricing here really was bizarre.

OB page 952, chapter titled Celebrant

@Ookla the Contradictory

Edited by Pagerunner
OB Spoilers

13 hours ago, Ookla the Contradictory said:

@JoyBlu Exactly. I remember the scene now, but wasn't paying attention. It seems important.

Important enough for a Super-big RAFO :)

@Volratho, do you mind updating your opening post with a link to the Arcanum event, so people can have an easy reference to it?

On 12/1/2017 at 4:03 PM, Ookla the Contradictory said:

Anyone know what that super long silvery chain is for sale in Celebrant? WoB 54, I must have skimmed it but I can't think what it could be related to?

I started a thread about this after I saw the WoB pertaining to it. Someone speculated that it was pretty convenient that Dragonsteel chapters were released right before OB..