Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P

• A Joe in the Forest
    • A Joe in the Court

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Well, I've played Mafia a lot, can't not take up this opportunity...

Could the brave bird Majestic Eagle join the game?

Sure you can. :P 

As a note, we have now hit 24 players, which was the minimum for including all the roles. :D Still not quite at the ideal running level, but now things can be fun. :ph34r: 

Just now, Aonar Faileas said:

Sure you can. :P 

As a note, we have now hit 24 players, which was the minimum for including all the roles. :D Still not quite at the ideal running level, but now things can be fun. :ph34r: 

Oh, great :D

Do you haven an idea on when the game will probably be starting?

5 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Looking at the tenth, right now. Will be for sure after I get my work schedule on Sunday.

Oh, nice. I had something on over the weekend, as was hoping it wouldn't interfere. But that's just me being me...

I'm reading the current QF right now, and let me say, it has a pretty different style to ToS. Because ToS is instantaneous reactions. Some people are really thinking outside the box here...

Man, I'm excited.

Edited by Majestic

For some reason, when I first signed up, I though that we requested at the time which thread to be in.  Rereading, that doesn't seem to be the case, so I edited my signup post accordingly; I'll take a random location.

By the way, a question:

The Protector of the Forest and Dragonslayer roles get extra lives, and the roles can also be removed (via the Medium changing).  If they use their extra life and then lose the role, what happens?  What happens if they then regain the role?

EDIT: Also, if the Protector of the Forest had an action besides that role, how does that action interact with the "3 in a row and you die" rule?

10 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

By the way, a question:

The Protector of the Forest and Dragonslayer roles get extra lives, and the roles can also be removed (via the Medium changing).  If they use their extra life and then lose the role, what happens?  What happens if they then regain the role?

EDIT: Also, if the Protector of the Forest had an action besides that role, how does that action interact with the "3 in a row and you die" rule?

In this scenario, nothing happens after losing their role. However, they do not gain the extra life back upon regaining the role.

If it was an action unique to the original role (Shadowperson scan, Anwyn vote manip, for example) it does not contribute unless they use the extra action period granted by the Protector role to use it. If it's an ability that is also a part of the Protector's powerset, (EG, Ysengrin's kill) it is subsumed under the protector role and always counts for atrophy.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

A new person will get the extra lives, yes. (Something I feel necessary to clarify: The Protector's extra life is passive, does not protect from atrophy, and does contribute to atrophy, and Guardian roles are public, just like the Medium. (The Medium will have to announce their Guardian in the thread.))

2 hours ago, Aonar Faileas said:

A new person will get the extra lives, yes. (Something I feel necessary to clarify: The Protector's extra life is passive, does not protect from atrophy, and does contribute to atrophy, and Guardian roles are public, just like the Medium. (The Medium will have to announce their Guardian in the thread.))

And if someone has an extra life from two different sources, do they get both?