Hooray for New Members!

ccstat

As Chaos mentioned in that thread, the Aether of Night manuscript request thread has seen a lot of traffic, especially since Tor and Brandon both posted about it. At this moment there are about 1100 requests there, and I have watched that number go up and down by hundreds at a time as the staff heroically process those one after another. So first, a big thanks to all the admins who are dedicating even more time than usual to helping out the rest of us. Maybe in a week or two we can get an informal count from someone about how many requests there were.

Second, thousands of those requests are coming from new members of the site, who made accounts just for this. While some of those may not stick around, I am excited to see that others are joining in on our many discussions! In the four days since the announcement about Aether of Night's availability, more than 40 new members have posted in the Introduce Yourself section, at least four times as many as the week prior. While I don't frequent that subforum, I appreciate the members who volunteer themselves as our informal welcoming committee. They might by happy to get some additional help in showcasing our amazing community for the newest members. Hopefully we can convince them to stick around!

Total number of requests is around 2200-2225. As of yesterday we dealt with 1050 of them.

Then Brandon tweeted. RIP. 

It's going to be a bit slower from here on out. I really exhausted myself yesterday doing these.

If you are new, welcome! Sorry on the delay on sending this out :) As far as new members, this week we've had 1800 new registrations, making our previous peak of September 2011 (when we had a giveaway) which had 645 registrations look trivial by comparison.

It's pretty funny that the title everyone gets for one post is Spren. I couldn't help but think, "Hey! Look at all the Sanderspren!"

Sanderspren: Noun. A type of spren that congregates about the words and presence of Brandon Sanderson.

Edited by StormyAngel