Elend abilities

Hafrigado

So what I'm confused about is why Elend can't take control of Koloss without duralumin and making them afraid. Shouldn't he be able to do it with just regular emotional allomancy? I remember at some point Vin found out that the original allomancers could do it and Elend ate the same make-a-mistborn-metal that supposedly gave them allomancy. Plus they talk about how strong he is compared to the recent mistborn. Has he just never tried to do it "by himself"?

Oh! I forgot that they took control of a couple at a time just to help them scare the rest. Thanks....... Wait so why was Vin surprised when she found out the original allomancers could do it by themselves? I'm fairly certain she "discovered" this after taking over a lot of Koloss with Elend.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 7:15 PM, Oversleep said:

Both him and Vin do take control of single koloss just by using normal emotional Allomancy. They use duralumin when they want to do it large scale, taking control of a big number of koloss.

I could've sworn that Vin took control of Human via Duralumin. Elend might've been able to to it without, but I'm fairly sure she couldn't.

1 hour ago, The One Who Connects said:

I could've sworn that Vin took control of Human via Duralumin. Elend might've been able to to it without, but I'm fairly sure she couldn't.

Reread the beginning of Hero Of Ages then. I did and that's why I'm sure.

• Chaos locked this topic