I'm real, I swear.

Calderis

@StrikerEZ @Extesian

I was actually super annoyed about 8 years ago when I was informed that it's the name of the Blood Angel homeworld in the Warhammer 40k universe. 

I'd already been using it for a good 12 year span, and to suddenly be told I "stole" it was kind of infuriating. 

Edited by Calderis

• 4 weeks later...

@Calderis

Are you secretly Odium's champion?

On a more serious note you are admirable in your level of knowledge as far as WoB's and the cosmere is concerned. A day on the shard is not complete until your wisdom is sampled.

What is your favorite cosmere magic system?

Who is your least favorite cosmere character?

Favorite mythological deity?

Edited by Nathrangking

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Are you secretly Odium's champion?

If so I'm doing a terrible job. 

On a more serious note you are admirable in your level of knowledge as far as WoB's and the cosmere is concerned. A day on the shard is not complete until your wisdom is sampled

I'm not bad, but definitely not great wuthering WoBs. I have a far better memory for WoBs than I have an ability to find them. As such, I have a tendency to conflate things. I'm very much overhyped. 

What is your favorite cosmere magic system?

The Metallic Arts as a whole. The interplay between Allomancy and Feruchemy, and the hard rules 

The bloody nature of Hemalurgy is also pretty great. 

Who is your least favorite cosmere character?

Currently? Silence. The setting sells the story on Threnody. 

Favorite mythological deity?

Nyarlathothep 

22 hours ago, Calderis said:

I'm not bad, but definitely not great wuthering WoBs. I have a far better memory for WoBs than I have an ability to find them. As such, I have a tendency to conflate things. I'm very much overhyped. 

Dude, I once asked a question and you answered in 2 minutes (I checked, you are not overhyped) 

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Hmmm... Theon Greyjoy. 

And I really like campfires, so stick. 

Isn't a GOT character a little easy since about 90% of them are horrible people? The one character I'd kill only requires a warm fire, on a hot sunny day in the middle of summer and that is Olaf, the most annoying snowman in the world!!!

1 minute ago, Draginon said:

Isn't a GOT character a little easy since about 90% of them are horrible people? The one character I'd kill only requires a warm fire, on a hot sunny day in the middle of summer and that is Olaf, the most annoying snowman in the world!!!

You asked and I answered. 

Not my fault if you don't like it. :P

25 minutes ago, Draginon said:

I didn't say I didn't like the answer, just noting you picked an easy target. :P

Well to be fair, I didn't choose an "easy target" in my opinion. Yeah there's a lot of despicable characters in aSoIaF, but hes a traitor multiple times over. 

People can be bad and still be and I'll still think their awesome, Taravangian is probably my favorite Cosmere character. 

Theon... Theon is a waste of flesh. 

On 7/21/2017 at 4:31 PM, Oversleep said:

"Ever since admins abandoned the lore and mods turned against us" is a line paraphrased from the Way of Kings blurb: "The age before the Heralds abandoned us and the Knights Radiant turned against us".

I long for the days before the last desolation, before the heralds abandoned us and the Knights Radiant turned against us. When there was still magic in Roshar and honor in the hearts of men.

In the end, not war, but victory proved the greater test. Fire and famer forge a sword, time and neglect rust it away. So we won the war, yet lost it.

Now there are four whom we watch. The surgeon, forced to forsake healing and fight in the most brutal war of our time. The assassin, who weeps as he kills. The liar, who wears a scholar's mantel over a thief's heart. And the prince, who's eyes open to the ancient past as his thirst oif battle wanes.

One of them may redeem us.

One of them will destroy us.

-From the back of tWoK, Mass Market Paperback copy. I wrote every singe word from memory. I still need to memorize the hardcover copy's version, and both for WoR.

I have a problem.

7 minutes ago, Calderis said:

You are admirable, and I aspire to hold your level of dedication. 

I am humbled by your kiwiness. 

Thank you very much.

Also, I'm surprised you recognized it. Not many people know what they are.

Just now, Calderis said:

Kiwis are awesome, whether you're talking about the bird, the fruit, or the accent. 

Yes! Finally, someone understands kiwis!

(But no one understands emus, (they always pronounce it wrong, it's not an ee-moo. It's eem-you), or platypi, (or whatever the plural for it is)(in mistcloaks or otherwise), or sloths! (No one appreciates them. And everyone is surprised that they can swim! And hold their breath for 40 minutes! And move 3 times faster in the water then on land)!

Sorry 'bout that.

Simplified version, hardly anyone cares about strange animals. They're so misunderstood.

Spoiler

I was bored and the tail-less platypus was lying around my room, so... I collect some weird things.

IMG_20170814_150728.thumb.jpg.2e0a0c80b72eb3cecdc0bbd2b1ced597.jpg

3 hours ago, Calderis said:

I like to write and sing. 

Unusual? I can pop my shoulders out of socket, but I think that's more of a defect than a talent. 

It would've been funny if dancing had been included and trying to imagine trying to do all that at once:lol:

That's unusual in my book! I can do voluntary double vision which isn't that common when I read up on it.

5 hours ago, Draginon said:

It would've been funny if dancing had been included and trying to imagine trying to do all that at once:lol:

Hahaha!

5 hours ago, Draginon said:

I can do voluntary double vision which isn't that common when I read up on it.

I can do that too!

2 hours ago, Draginon said:

You ever have anyone hate you for anything that just struck you as bizarre to be hated for?

Can't say that I have. It's probably happened, but I view things that if people want to choose to be jerks for something stupid or petty, and can't be bothered to talk about it, that's their loss and not mine. They exit my mind at that point, so I don't remember their motivations. Why waste brain space on people like that?