Cosmere Characters

Kered

I've seen topics like this one, but not one that includes some of the newer books. What is your guys favorite and least favorite characters in the cosmere. And if you can take one character from one story and put it in another story, which would it be and why?

Favorite characters are Kelsier and Siri. Kelsier for a lot of obvious reasons but mostly because of the dynamic of his character. Brandon said it best when he said if it was another time or place, Kelsier would have been a villain. Couldn't be more true, and it's interesting to back and read Mistborn with that thought in your head. Siri because I think she's the best female character has written besides Jasnah. Siri doesn't have astounding skill in any specific area, but through her morals she's strong. 

Least favorite characters are Shallan and Vivenna. I've written my reasoning about Shallan in the Kaladin and Shallan topic in the Stormlight section, so I wont get into as much here. Plain and simple I think my distaste for her is an example of how good Brandon is at creating characters, and her inner monologue irritates me to no end. Vivenna is pretty much the same reason as Shallan. The only additions it that I disagreed with almost every choice she made in Warbreaker. 

If I had to take a character from one cosmere story and put them in another, I would put Kelsier in Stormlight as a member of Bridge 4. His hatred for nobles would mesh with Bridge 4's disdain for more most lighteyes. As well as being the bridge crews would be akin to Keslier going to the Pits of Hathsin. Also I think the dialogue between Kelsier/Kaladin and Kelsier/Dalinar would be extremely interesting to read.   

14 minutes ago, Kered said:

Least favorite characters are Shallan and Vivenna.  

Funny that, Vivenna is one of my favorite characters. Another one of my favorites is Kenton. I like Vivenna because she is able to be honest with herself without getting confused. I like Kenton because of his ingenuity and his habitual pestering of Khriss.

Least favorite characters... hmm... well, I have a low opinion of Shallan too, who is self-aware, but shallow in her self-perception. And she's really big into being an artist. One thing I do like about her though is that she is good at interacting pleasantly with other people without giving too much information about herself.

I'm having a hard time putting characters in different stories. It would be neat to see Hoid in some of these different worlds... oh wait. Haha, sorry, I couldn't resist. I do think it will be cool if Vivenna shows up on Roshar, though, so I'm happy about that being plausible

• Chaos locked this topic