Theory to appease calderis's boredom

Jonathon

You've caught me. My attempts to interlace false information with the real and true have been a subtle ploy to mislead you all along. 

Well done. You discovered one more layer to the mystery. 

And by that I mean you've made me laugh. 

This was ridiculous. 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Calderis said:

You've caught me. My attempts to interlace false information with the real and true have been a subtle ploy to mislead you all along. 

Well done. You discovered one more layer to the mystery. 

And by that I mean you've made me laugh. 

This was ridiculous. 

Thanks. 

Anytime

This is the best. The. Best. 

Timely as well since I'm in the closing days of writing up a ridiculous megatheory that is definitely wrong but seems well researched. Well, it's very well researched, it will come with a collection and summary of dozens out WoBs. But the theory itself is ridiculous. One could almost call it...misinformation :D

Anyway, this post was wonderfully ridiculous enough to get me out of my theory hovel temporarily. So thank you :) and don't worry, you'll think less of me soon ;)

4 minutes ago, Extesian said:

This is the best. The. Best. 

Timely as well since I'm in the closing days of writing up a ridiculous megatheory that is definitely wrong but seems well researched. Well, it's very well researched, it will come with a collection and summary of dozens out WoBs. But the theory itself is ridiculous. One could almost call it...misinformation :D

Anyway, this post was wonderfully ridiculous enough to get me out of my theory hovel temporarily. So thank you :) and don't worry, you'll think less of me soon ;)

If we joke along with this theory enough do you think it will be brushed aside and forgotten?

I can't afford to lose this gig. 

(and my impatience wants to legitimately see your theory) 

Now I'm wondering if Brandon (or someone on Team Brandon) possibly has a similar role to what you describe: Spreading the chaos, and throwing us on wild goose chases so we ignore actual potential spoilers, and solid leads. Someone who doesn't advertise that they are on Brandon's team, but only have the one account, so they technically aren't breaking any rules.

Of course, the chances of the above are astronomically low. But still..... I'll have to keep the idea in mind for when I start publishing monolith works like Brandon, and I get a fan-base of my own.

It's totally the indeterminable Peter Ahlstrom. Occasionally popping in to troll us. Telling us the bridge a Nahel-bonded Listener forms is a cultural one. That Dawnshards are obviously Honorblades. Disagreeing with Brandon on Shardblades cutting aluminum. Laughing and stroking a black cat. Classic Ookla.

22 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

That is very true, and he replies to tons of topics. It all fits.

I believe "he" is actually many people working in shifts. I've caught tidbits of backstory, and frankly, they just don't add up. :ph34r:

However, this is an obvious red herring; like allowing one spy to be identified to draw attention away from your other agents. Classic Sanderson.

Edit: for the record, we don't know what we'd do without you @Calderis and @Extesian , even if you are spies, please don't leave us :D

Edited by hwiles

2 minutes ago, hwiles said:

I believe "he" is actually many people working in shifts. I've caught tidbits of backstory, and frankly, they just don't add up. :ph34r:

However, this is an obvious red herring; like allowing one spy to be identified to draw attention away from your other agents. Classic Sanderson.

Edit: for the record, we don't know what we'd do without you @Calderis and @Extesian , even if you are spies, please don't leave us :D

This is remarkably entertaining. 

And I have to ask, my backstop doesn't add up? Do I need to do an AMA or something? I'm a real person. I eat, I sleep, and I dedicate far too much time to a fictional world. 

17 minutes ago, Calderis said:

And I have to ask, my backstop doesn't add up? Do I need to do an AMA or something? I'm a real person. I eat, I sleep, and I dedicate far too much time to a fictional world. 

That's what you WANT us to think!

Alright Mr. "Real Person", if you're not a group of people taking shifts, then how are you on here for so many hours? It's like you don't sleep. And if you don't sleep that means that at least some of the stuff you say should make no sense because you weren't thinking in your tired state. But no. It ALL makes sense. You are TOO DARN PERFECT to be a real person. So you better fess up

or we'll find you....

1 minute ago, Jonathon said:

That's what you WANT us to think!

Alright Mr. "Real Person", if you're not a group of people taking shifts, then how are you on here for so many hours? It's like you don't sleep. And if you don't sleep that means that at least some of the stuff you say should make no sense because you weren't thinking in your tired state. But no. It ALL makes sense. You are TOO DARN PERFECT to be a real person. So you better fess up

or we'll find you....

As I've said before, during the work week I sleep from 10:30 pm to 5:30 am pacific time. On the weekends I tend to push that back to about 1 or 2 am, then my son wakes me up anywhere between 6:30 on horrible days to 9 on good days. 

I work a construction job that starts at 7 am, but I'm a detailer, which means I go out take measurements and then sit at a desk for hours making drawings that then get submitted to the engineers for approval. 

I'm busy the majority of the time that I'm on here. 

41 minutes ago, Calderis said:

As I've said before, during the work week I sleep from 10:30 pm to 5:30 am pacific time. On the weekends I tend to push that back to about 1 or 2 am, then my son wakes me up anywhere between 6:30 on horrible days to 9 on good days. 

I work a construction job that starts at 7 am, but I'm a detailer, which means I go out take measurements and then sit at a desk for hours making drawings that then get submitted to the engineers for approval. 

I'm busy the majority of the time that I'm on here. 

And you just so "happened" to have that giant excuse ready? It sounds almost like you've rehearsed it and used that excuse before. Many times. Now why would you need to do that unless you've got something to hide?

Edit: I feel like the essence of the original conspiracy has been lost and the entire Extesian side of this has been dropped. It just feels like the theory about how to attack Calderis

Edited by Jonathon

8 minutes ago, Jonathon said:

And you just so "happened" to have that giant excuse ready? It sounds almost like you've rehearsed it and used that excuse before. Many times. Now why would you need to do that unless you've got something to hide?

I suppose I have rehearsed it, seeing as I live it every day. 

I'm hiding the fact that I'm... Uh... Dude, I got nothing. 

We've been missing the big pictre everybody! Nobody has been asking about Extesian, instead we've all been distracted by Calderis! What if Extesian is the real spy and he paid off Calderis to distract us so that he would continue to go unnoticed

4 hours ago, Calderis said:

I do exactly that... All I think about is this.

In their defense, I know plenty of people who usually have a tab open on the Shard during their day, which if mostly spent on a computer in some capacity, means they can pop in if someone responds to them almost instantly and stay for 2 minutes (while not actively browsing) for, on occasion, as much as 12-16 hours.  It's less an insidious conspiracy and more an indication of working a job where occasional breaks are either encouraged, or required.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Guys, we've been skirting around this the whole time. I think @Calderis is Brandon. It explains how he knows so much.

I'm both laughing hysterically and horrified. 

Don't sully the master's name by comparing him to me. 

He definitely doesn't deserve that. 

Edit: besides, if he were here as often as me, when would he write? 

Edited by Calderis

39 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I'm both laughing hysterically and horrified. 

Don't sully the master's name by comparing him to me. 

He definitely doesn't deserve that. 

Edit: besides, if he were here as often as me, when would he write? 

Fair point. He does a lot of writing. It's like its his job. 

@Calderis this discussion has made me laugh a lot too.

20 minutes ago, ElephantEarwax said:

Fair point. He does a lot of writing. It's like its his job. 

@Calderis this discussion has made me laugh a lot too.

Hey, he's obviously more dedicated to his job than I am. I have no grounds to argue that even if I wanted to.