Creative Super Powers

King Cole

I'm starting this topic because I often ask my friends "If you could have any one super power, what would it be? Often I would get answers like super strength, flying, being invisible, shooting lasers, and other cliche powers. Obviously these aren't "bad" powers (like the ability to breath underwater or talk to animals) but they lacked the creativeness that I wanted to hear.

Some people surprised with interesting powers that I hadn't seen anywhere else, like instantly turn objects to different states of matter without heating them up, or energy redistribution. 

I really enjoy hearing about new and creative super powers or better yet cliche Super powers used more efficiently.

My super power of choice would be control over Space. I'm not going to go in depth unless someone asks but I have given it a lot of thought and I've discovered some cool uses for it.

Please share any Super Powers that you think are cool and/or could be used more creatively than usual applications

EDIT: PLease don't sat "the power to have any superpower or anything similar because it isn't funny, just annoying

Edited by King Cole

21 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Temporary radial trait theft. 

You can appropriate the strength, intellect, etc. Of anyone around you in a 200ft radius, so long as they aren't using it. 

Can they use it while its been "appropriated"?

Just now, King Cole said:

But if someone lifts something or uses their brain, those benefits are negated?

Yes. It's a weird power set. Very versatile, but limited.

Say you're in an apartment building though. There's who knows how many people and you pull intellect from all of them. Even the ones who are actively thinking probably aren't stressing their intellect, so you don't get as much from them, but you still get some. 

The more people around, the the less you need to get from each for it to add up. 

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

Yes. It's a weird power set. Very versatile, but limited.

Say you're in an apartment building though. There's who knows how many people and you pull intellect from all of them. Even the ones who are actively thinking probably aren't stressing their intellect, so you don't get as much from them, but you still get some. 

The more people around, the the less you need to get from each for it to add up. 

I do like this power though. At least it makes way more sense than the comic book versions

Edited by King Cole

Okay. Dimensional Manipulation: control over dimensions. The constraints of reality have no control over you. Time is a dimension: it is a river you can cross. Space is a dimension: Anywhere, instantly. That circle is now a sphere. That cube is now a square.

You are too powerful for the universe, so wait until the Quantum Police come after you.

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Okay. Dimensional Manipulation: control over dimensions. The constraints of reality have no control over you. Time is a dimension: it is a river you can cross. Space is a dimension: Anywhere, instantly. That circle is now a sphere. That cube is now a square.

You are too powerful for the universe, so wait until the Quantum Police come after you.

That's just Reality Warping.

9 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Energy manipulation

EDIT: also, please go in depth about control over space

Energy manipulation as in energy redirection?  I love that one. 

Ok, so this is going to be some of the applications of Space control. 

1. Obviously there is instantaneous teleportation, but it wouldn't be limited to yourself, or even people. You could teleport anything to anywhere with no limitations. This is obviously extremely OP already but there are many careful applications of this power that make it my favorite. 

2. See anywhere. Using this power you could look anywhere you want be exchanging the space of the scene you wanna see with the space you wanna see.

3. Impenetrable barriers. There are a couple of ways you can do this. The first is a portal barrier that whenever an unwanted object hits its border, the object is teleported away. The second barrier is stronger and more absolute. Basically you create "wall" around you where objects cannot intercede in that space. It can't be destroyed through force and is technically indestructible (despite it not even being an object).

4. Personal space. You could have an area where only you could reach and you could store stuff there that you could retrieve with a thought and not have to worry about it being discovered by anyone.

These are just the few I could think up on the spot and there are more that I'd have to remember, but if you wanna know more I will try

38 minutes ago, King Cole said:

Energy manipulation as in energy redirection?  I love that one.

Kind of. Think of it like Chromium and Nicrosil. They both have the same end result (metals are gone) but differ slightly in their methods. Or think of it like Metapod and Kakuna: similar in many ways, but fundamentally different

1 hour ago, Shqueeves said:

Kind of. Think of it like Chromium and Nicrosil. They both have the same end result (metals are gone) but differ slightly in their methods. Or think of it like Metapod and Kakuna: similar in many ways, but fundamentally different

Turning energy into different types while also being able to release that energy at will?

47 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Kind of. It's really hard to explain my brain thinks

Well me and a friend thought of a power where energy is absorbed then can be turned into different types of energy and released in any way.

The power I would pick is teleportation, but to give it a twist it could allow the ability to enter the worlds of fiction so visiting Hogwarts, the Shire, Oz and even the Cosmere could be possible. In a way this would be Nightcrawler (X-Men) meets Inkspell.

Another would be freezing time but a unique use would be freezing your own aging so that you're effectively immortal.

34 minutes ago, Draginon said:

The power I would pick is teleportation, but to give it a twist it could allow the ability to enter the worlds of fiction so visiting Hogwarts, the Shire, Oz and even the Cosmere could be possible. In a way this would be Nightcrawler (X-Men) meets Inkspell.

Another would be freezing time but a unique use would be freezing your own aging so that you're effectively immortal.

Not bad powers but im sure everyone who has time powers does that ;)

12 minutes ago, King Cole said:

Not bad powers but im sure everyone who has time powers does that ;)

But you never see any of them saying that they're 500 years old despite looking 20, at least not in the stuff I've seen.

Ive actually got an idea for a superhero type story where the heroes are 'almost super', meaning when they take the superhero test, in this story it's a job, they score in a weird grey area where they are not average but they aren't quite super enough. Like a super genius, like Professor X, might need a minimum IQ of, say, 3000 but the person only gets a score of 2998 then the government has no idea where to put these people, with the regular citizens or with the heroes.

42 minutes ago, Draginon said:

Thought of a different power at breakfast. How about if someone was a constant Wifi spot?

Can I have this power and a cortical implant allowing me to be connected to the internet in my brain at all times? 

I'd literally never leave the Shard then. Dream posting would probably be a bad thing though 

10 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Can I have this power and a cortical implant allowing me to be connected to the internet in my brain at all times? 

I'd literally never leave the Shard then. Dream posting would probably be a bad thing though 

You know, I have a sseries idea where one of the races was born from the wifi of their world. They are always connected but because of their origin they don't have problems being in it.