*arrives pretty late with starbucks*

Thail

Hello!

So I just finished BoM! Awesome, great. And now it is time I join this forum. I mean, I've been browsing around for a long time. 

My name is Thalia, it's nice to be here! I have Kelsier in my avie arriving pretty late also, as usual. It was a sketch I did in my art blog some time ago, and I thought I could use it.
Anyway, so, like I said I finished the mistborn books (for now, the lost metal is supposed to come out next year, right?) and because I have an insatiable thirst for everything about the cosmere right now, I will pick up Way of Kings next.
I feel a little lost, to be honest. There's so much... about everything. But hopefully I will start sorting things out once I've read the other books.

umm
yeah, that's about it.

I'm shy so I'll probably just upvote stuff around here and maybe someday I'll even post an answer, hope that's okay

But in the meantime, I have a lot of reading to do.

Thank you!
Thail

5 minutes ago, Thail said:

Hello!

So I just finished BoM! Awesome, great. And now it is time I join this forum. I mean, I've been browsing around for a long time. 

My name is Thalia, it's nice to be here! I have Kelsier in my avie arriving pretty late also, as usual. It was a sketch I did in my art blog some time ago, and I thought I could use it.
Anyway, so, like I said I finished the mistborn books (for now, the lost metal is supposed to come out next year, right?) and because I have an insatiable thirst for everything about the cosmere right now, I will pick up Way of Kings next.
I feel a little lost, to be honest. There's so much... about everything. But hopefully I will start sorting things out once I've read the other books.

umm
yeah, that's about it.

I'm shy so I'll probably just upvote stuff around here and maybe someday I'll even post an answer, hope that's okay

Thank you!
Thail

Welcome. Avoid the cookies, and I hope nothing gets spoiled for you. 

@Thail Hey, welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote! Don't listen to @Calderis, have a free spiked delicious cookie!

Spoiler

cookie.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, having the sudden urge to kill everyone, and completely losing control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley™ claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

Also, I'd recommend reading Warbreaker, which is free on Brandon's website, or Elantris either before you read WoK (The Way of Kings) or WoR (Words of Radiance). I assume you've learned at least a little bit about the Cosmere so far, and you might notice some little Easter eggs in Stormlight Archive if you read Warbreaker and Elantris first. You definitely don't have to, but that's my recommendation. 

Heya, welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote!

Since @StrikerEZ has done a pretty job at introducing you, I don't have much to say. 

Anyway, what's your favorite Mistborn book? I've always been fond of The Final Empire, just because I'm a sucker for world building (and Kelsier). 

If you haven't already, you should pick up Mistborn: Secret History. It's really good, and includes more Kelsier

And, as always: do not, under any circumstances, eat the cookies.

Thank you all for the welcome!

3 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, I'd recommend reading Warbreaker, which is free on Brandon's website, or Elantris either before you read WoK (The Way of Kings) or WoR (Words of Radiance). I assume you've learned at least a little bit about the Cosmere so far, and you might notice some little Easter eggs in Stormlight Archive if you read Warbreaker and Elantris first. You definitely don't have to, but that's my recommendation. 

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm on it, thank you for the suggestion! I will start with Warbreaker first, then :)

1 hour ago, TeleWorms said:

Anyway, what's your favorite Mistborn book? I've always been fond of The Final Empire, just because I'm a sucker for world building (and Kelsier). 

If you haven't already, you should pick up Mistborn: Secret History. It's really good, and includes more Kelsier

And, as always: do not, under any circumstances, eat the cookies.

Same for me! I love The Final Empire, I absolutely adore world building (and of course Kelsier).

I like the Wax & Wayne storyline, but there's something about the original crew that does it for me.

I did some re-reading of the first book, tbh, and it amazed me how we started off with something so small (well, "overthrowing an entire empire" kind of small, but still) and look at what we're dealing with now.  There's a song in the musical "Hamilton" that goes "Look at where we are, look at where we started", and yeeaahh that. Right there.

Yep, I've read Secret History, but unfortunately I did it before AoL because I just couldn't wait for some more Kelsier. 

I will try not to eat the cookies.

Welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote! I'm also kinda partial to Mistborn Era 1. Of course that's mainly because I totally love Vin. Even so, no other Cosmere series makes me go crazy like The Stormlight Archive! 

22 minutes ago, ryshadium90 said:

Your name is awesome! Have you read Percy Jackson? Have fun reading!

Oh, dear! You edited your post and I didn't have the time to see it!

Well, it's alright. I haven't read Percy Jackson unfortunately. I was one of those that didn't particularly like the movie, so I didn't get the book. Should I reconsider? Movies always tend to ruin stuff, after all.

1 minute ago, Zennix said:

Welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote! I'm also kinda partial to Mistborn Era 1. Of course that's mainly because I totally love Vin. Even so, no other Cosmere series makes me go crazy like The Stormlight Archive! 

Thank you! Ah, Vin. Such a lovely face (that could totally kill you in seconds. Love her).

I've heard so many people saying that for The Stormlight Archive and I can't wait to read it!

10 minutes ago, Thail said:

I've heard so many people saying that for The Stormlight Archive and I can't wait to read it!

You need to read The Stormlight Archive. I read it first, at the urging of a friend, and kit got me completely hooked on Branderson's books. Oathbringer, the third book in SA, is coming out in November. I envy your position, as you don't need to wait a year or more for the next book to come out (Honestly, I also envy all of the newcomers who haven't read all of the Cosmere yet and can say "Whoa, I have so much left to read!) 

Anyway, have a good time, Way of Kings is awesome. And the world building - god is it wonderful. 

13 minutes ago, TeleWorms said:

You need to read The Stormlight Archive. I read it first, at the urging of a friend, and kit got me completely hooked on Branderson's books. Oathbringer, the third book in SA, is coming out in November. I envy your position, as you don't need to wait a year or more for the next book to come out (Honestly, I also envy all of the newcomers who haven't read all of the Cosmere yet and can say "Whoa, I have so much left to read!) 

Anyway, have a good time, Way of Kings is awesome. And the world building - god is it wonderful. 

Yes, definitely! I understand your envy, I feel overwhelmed but so excited that there are a bunch of things that I can read next. I think I'm going to be devastated when I will finish all this reading.

I'm trying to relish it as much as I can, but damnation, I sure am impatient and I just read 600 pages in one day. Oops.

Thank you!

Edited by Thail

17 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Welcome to the shard! Stay away from cookies, they are hazardous to your health! Have an upvote!

Have fun! ;)

(Be sure to check out sanderson elimination)

Thank you!

Sanderson Elimination... You mean the role playing game, right? Just found it ^_^

Just now, Thail said:

Thank you!

Sanderson Elimination... You mean the role playing game, right? Just found it ^_^

Yeah, it's  so much fun! I haven't been playing for that long, but it really is fun. If you've played mafia before, you'll like it :D

7 hours ago, Thail said:

Hello!

umm
yeah, that's about it.

Thank you!
Thail

"Always being on time implies you have nothing better you should be doing."

Welcome to the Shard and a huge assortment of geeks who all love Brandon Sanderson!!! There's downside to reading his books though... they Ruin everything else you try to read. And don't worry about not posting a lot. There are heaps of lurkers on here.

Edited by Sami

3 hours ago, Thail said:

Well, it's alright. I haven't read Percy Jackson unfortunately. I was one of those that didn't particularly like the movie, so I didn't get the book. Should I reconsider? Movies always tend to ruin stuff, after all.

Yes! The movie is NOTHING like the books. It's almost as bad as the Ella Enchanted film adaptation. Thalia is a character in the series and she is storming awesome. No argument.

18 hours ago, Thail said:

Thank you! Ah, Vin. Such a lovely face (that could totally kill you in seconds. Love her).

Yes read Percy Jackson! It's... different from Cosmere stuff, obviously (there's nothing like a good Cosmere book), but the books are SO different from the movies. Different storyline entirely. 

Anyway, I think we can all agree Vin is amazing. 

The Stormlight Archive is insanely good. My personal favorite series. It was also my first Brandon book, which simply meant I didn't pick up on the easter eggs until I went back and read Warbreaker. It's good either way. And besides, you're most likely going to want to re-read SA a million times anyway (I know I did/still do).

On 19/07/2017 at 5:01 PM, Thail said:

Hello!

umm
yeah, that's about it.

Thank you!
Thail

Hey there Thail, welcome to the 17 shard.

Mistborn is such an amazing series, it was my introduction to the Cosmere. You definitely need to read Stormlight Archive, it's one of the best fantasy series I've ever read and as much as I love Mistborn, SA is just on a whole other level. Words of Radiance in particular is so good, it's just epic in every sense of the world .You're in for a crazy ride :D

Edited by Gavin-son-son-Odegard

17 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah, it's  so much fun! I haven't been playing for that long, but it really is fun. If you've played mafia before, you'll like it :D

17 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

Basically Mafia

Much more fun.

I like Mafia, yes! But I used to play it in a more simpler way now that I go through the rules... but I wanna play, so I'll check it out and maybe I'll join!

17 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

"Always being on time implies you have nothing better you should be doing."

YES, exactly! I use that quote a lot.

16 hours ago, Sami said:

Welcome to the Shard and a huge assortment of geeks who all love Brandon Sanderson!!! There's downside to reading his books though... they Ruin everything else you try to read. And don't worry about not posting a lot. There are heaps of lurkers on here.

Thank you! You are so right, I feel like nothing else can satisfy me right now. 

See, I always want to join in the conversation, but I always think "oh I'm not qualified enough". Which is stupid. I will try and overcome this, but until then I'm glad there are other lurkers as well ^_^

15 hours ago, ryshadium90 said:

Yes! The movie is NOTHING like the books. It's almost as bad as the Ella Enchanted film adaptation. Thalia is a character in the series and she is storming awesome. No argument.

10 hours ago, Zennix said:

Thalia, daughter of Zeus. Have you read the sequel series - Heroes of Olympus? 

There's a character with my name?? GREAT, I'll look into it. After I read the SA though, this needs to be done first :D 

35 minutes ago, Contessa said:

The Stormlight Archive is insanely good. My personal favorite series. It was also my first Brandon book, which simply meant I didn't pick up on the easter eggs until I went back and read Warbreaker. It's good either way. And besides, you're most likely going to want to re-read SA a million times anyway (I know I did/still do).

Oh nice! I begun reading Warbreaker yesterday, so maaaybe I'll be able to pick up the easter eggs. I hope. It's almost certain, I'll re-read everything once I'm done, because I can't just... start with another author or a whole different series so soon, nah.

3 minutes ago, Gavin-son-son-Odegard said:

Hey there Thail, welcome to the 17 shard.

Mistborn is such an amazing series, it was my introduction to the Cosmere. You definitely need to read Stormlight Archive, it's one of the best fantasy series I've ever read and as much as I love Mistborn, SA is just on a whole other level. Words of Radiance in particular is so good, it's just epic in every sense of the world .You're in for a crazy ride :D

Thank you! Same, this was my introduction. So I had some doubts about whether I would read SA or not (at first), but yeah, with all these replies, I can't wait to start!

On 7/20/2017 at 1:50 AM, Zennix said:

Thalia, daughter of Zeus. Have you read the sequel series - Heroes of Olympus? 

Yes indeed! It was beautiful. Except the ending. Until Trials of Apollo. If you know what I mean. :ph34r: I'm as hardcore of a halfblood as I am a Sharder.

Welcome to the Shard! Don't accept any food offered to you, especially cookies, or anything by the Dark Alley. But anything from someone with 'Surgefinder' or 'Knight of the Cosmere' should be OK. That being said, have a slice of Chouta! Also, if you are wondering what the Surgefinders are, they are a group of people, or, well, here's a link to the Surgefinder's official fourm if you want to know about it. And we are desperately needing members! As for the Knights of the Cosmere, that is something I can't say anything about. And @ryshadium90, I COMPLEATLEY agree.