Hello!

Niteshado

Hi! New to 17th shard, it being my first fan forum,  but i have been reading around, between here and various sites with Q&A.

I have read all the cosmere books to date, waiting on Oathvember, Till then im buying my time with the lightbringer series. 

I am extremely into the cosmere lore, and learning the little easter eggs, by far one of my favorite things. Either way, Hello! 

Heya, welcome to the shard! Have an upvote.

The Shard was my first fan forum as well, and I couldn't be happier with the way my experience with it has turned out. 

Anyway, what's your favorite Cosmere book? And have you read the prose of White Sand? I really just have to ask everyone that, as I enjoyed reading the text version much more than it's graphic novel counterpart. 

I too really enjoy the lore of the Cosmere. Being a massive history buff as well as a huge Fantasy book lover, the Cosmere continuously has me astounded. I also like rereading the books after I've finished others, because I just know I've missed something. 

Spoiler

I totally missed that Szeth had Nightblood in the end of WOR until I reread the whole Stormlight Archives in preparation for Oathvember. 

As a farewell, I will hand out some sage advice which I try to give to all newcomers: Do not, under any circumstances, eat the cookies. 

Hey, welcome to the Shard! I'm out of upvotes for the day, but have a free spiked delicious cookie!

Spoiler

cookie.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, having the sudden urge to kill everyone, and completely losing control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley™ claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

@TeleWorms already did a pretty good job of introducing you, actually. Though, I'm gonna ask if youve read any of Brandon's non-Cosmere books, like The Reckoners or The Rithmatist?

Anyway, have fun! This site is absolutely amazing, and there are so many cool places to post.

Welcome to the shard! Stay away from cookies, they are hazardous to your health! Have an upvote!

From your description, you will probably jump right to the theorizing, in which case I recommend you to The Knights Theoretic, and the Cosmere Theories.

You sound like a huge sanderfan, in which case I recommend you to The Knights Awkward and You Know You're a Sanderfan When... (Which is really fun.)

If you like intrigue, and think you can fool me, you should really play Sanderson Elimination, which is our version of Werewolf or Mafia.

Have fun! ;)

@TeleWorms  I have not read the prose of the white sand, didn't know it existed, so that will need to be read.

My favorite Cosmere books are a tie between WoR and Warbreaker! 

Spoiler

and when Szeth gets nightblood I got extremely excited. I was hoping it was around once I figured out that Vasher was on Roshar.

@StrikerEZ Thanks for the weird looking cookie, i'll totally eat this

As for Non-cosmere, I cannot say I have. I have a list of books I want to read so once I started mistborn, I had to finish all the cosmere cause I was hooked. after that I jumped into some other series I've had on my read list. Do you have a suggestion for a good Non-Cosmere book to start on?

@Niteshado For non-Cosmere books, I'd definitely recommend reading Steelheart. Basically, the premise is that people started getting powers, but they only became supervillains. It's really good, and it plays with the idea of superhero powers and Brandon comes up with some really cool powers fro this series. There's not much else I can say about that inst spoiler-y though, so you'll just have to read it yourself!

@Niteshado

The Rithmatist. It started out as a Cosmere book, but Brandon removed it because he didn't want Earth, even a weird alternate universe Earth, in the Cosmere. 

It's a neat mix of Steampunk/Magicpunk set in an Alternate earth America (not recognizably our America) it's a really cool mix of almost cosmere magic, tech, and alternate history. 

It's pretty good. 

Edited by Calderis

@Sami im a quicker reader, and I may kinda sorta binge read if I get hooked...so 5 books shouldn't be too terrible. I've seen the series just never really looked into it too much, but I will check it out.

@StrikerEZ I tried starting Steelheart and had a hard time getting into it. might have just been a "at the time" thing, so ill give it a shot again.

@Calderis I didn't know it started as Cosmere :( 

Welcome to the Shard! Don't accept any food offered to you, especially cookies, or anything by the Dark Alley. But anything from someone with 'Surgefinder' or 'Knight of the Cosmere' should be OK. That being said, have a slice of Chouta! Also, if you are wondering what the Surgefinders are, they are a group of people, or, well, here's a link to the Surgefinder's official fourm if you want to know about it. And we are desperately needing members! As for the Knights of the Cosmere, that is something I can't say anything about. So, welcome to world of bookworms!