[OB] New thought on dawnshards

phoenix2563

I know we're up in the air about whether or not the Dawnshards are Honorblades. But hypothetically I'm going to assume they're the same thing. Could something have happened to the nine blades left by the Heralds in the Prelude, causing them to change? That's why Tanavast was worried because the Dawnshards weren't what they used to be after the Heralds gave them up.

The 10th one is still in tact because it's Taln's, but at the time of the vision, Taln was probably on Braize.  

I'm not sure if I completely believe that Dawnshards = Honorblades...but one of the ten might be different because of Taln's blade. 

Edited by Andy92

On 9/3/2017 at 7:59 PM, Sirscott13 said:

Hey sorry if this was mentioned, I have a signed copy of Words of Radiance from the midnight release and in the sticky I left him I asked what he could tell me about dawnshards and his reply was that one dawnshard is not like the others. This holds credit to the 9 being used for binding the unmade and the 10th being used for something more... interesting 

One of these is not like the others... gosh I hate that game. 

On ‎5‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:04 AM, Sirscott13 said:

Here is the photograph

https://m.imgur.com/SvECwR9

Glorious! That was a personalization worth getting

Edit - So I’ll put up a quick, speculative idea for Dawnshards here. What if they were the first fabrials, and they were Cultivation’s gift to humanity as honorblades were Honor’s gift? We know there are three systems (basically), voidbinding, surgebinding and fabrials (not exactly, but kind of). Honor gave the Honorblades, part of his essence and linked to his investiture. The Dawnshards could bind voidish or mortal. It doesn’t…feel right, but if it was it would solve a couple of condundrums about magic systems, dawnshards and exactly what Cultivation did for humanity comparable to the Honorblades. Any debate on it may end up tangential in which case I can do another topic, but curious to hear if this is ridiculous, awesome or somewhere in between.

Edited by Extesian

• Argent changed the title to [OB] New thought on dawnshards
  • Chaos locked this topic