I, too, exist! Finally my existential crisis is at an end...

GWrigley11

Hi fellow Sanderson fans! I feel compelled to say that this is the first fan forum that I've ever joined, and that I am deeply unsure of what I'm supposed to say here...But! Seeing as I am a bit of a strange, awkward, and excitable person with tastes that most of my coworkers can't always relate to (Fantasy books! Lots of them! All of them! *Now is the time to shudder with shock and horror*) I thought this might be a place where I can freely scream to the internet that I AM DYING FOR OATHBRINGER!!!!

You see, years ago now, in an effort to fill the void between J. Butcher novels and since it was my birthday, my husband took a chance on an author that he had never heard of before, and presented me with a copy of The Way of Kings. His plan to ease my agonizing waiting pains both succeeded and failed in a rather spectacular manner. Within 150 pages I was irrevocably in love. As soon as I tore through The Way of Kings I found myself online trying desperately to buy the next novel, only to find it would not be available for another year and a half, assuming that the author's best guess was correct. 

And so, once again, and despite my valiant husband's best efforts, the horror of waiting resumed. 

In the years between then and now, as I discovered and devoured Mistborn and Elantris and Warbreaker and...after what felt a subjective eternity...Words of Radiance - and later the Reckoner trilogy and Arcanum Unbounded - I have found myself with one constant problem: Despite the fact that Brandon Sanderson churns out wonderful books at an entirely unheard of rate, I am constantly left wanting more. 

So...I guess what I mean to say is this:

Does anyone here have a time machine? Because if it could be November 14th, I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks, and Grayson signing off. 

You've found your people. 

Welcome to the Shard and have an upvote. 

And sorry, but if we had time machines, this place would be dead until Oathvember. 

Edit: oh, and fair warning, the cookies are spiked. 

Edited by Calderis

Hey, welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote! And don't listen to @Calderis, have a free spiked delicious cookie! ;)

Spoiler

cookie.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, having the sudden urge to kill everyone, and completely losing control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley™ claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

Also, I feel you. I discovered Sanderson through The Reckoners because of my middle school librarian, and I'm so glad for it. I've become obsessed, and I absolutely love everything about his stories. Have you read Warbreaker? Have you read Alloy of Law? Do you know about the Cosmere? What's your favorite story by Brandon?

Anyway, I think you'll fit right in.

Heya, welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote and do not, under any circumstances, take the cookies.

In times of trouble (and for a lack of anything else of Sanderson's to read) I find my self devouring some of Brandon's unpublished or otherwise scrapped works. Some 20 chapters of his book Mythwalker were posted on his site. This book was eventually torn to shreds and subsequently weaved into Mistborn, Warbreaker, and The Stormlight Archives. It's good, though a little rough around the edges, as well as incomplete. None the less, I'd recommend reading it.

White Sand is a great (and complete!) book, and though it's published as a graphic novel, you can download a copy of the full prose version through a link once you sign up for Brandon's newsletter. I think some things may be slightly different between the GA and prose versions, but I loved the text version all the same. 

Another great way to fill the hole is through fan works. This ranges from art to fan fiction, and is some of the stuff out there is amazing and really great to help patch up the holes in your soul. I live in denial and foolishly have hope that Shallan Davar will have a positive character arc. 

Anyway, have fun here and enjoy your stay (until November, at least. You better not be on here after the 14th.)

Welcome to the Shard! Don't accept any food offered to you, especially cookies, or anything by the Dark Alley. But anything from someone with 'Surgefinder' or 'Knight of the Cosmere' should be OK. That being said, have a slice of Chouta! Also, if you are wondering what the Surgefinders are, they are a group of people, or, well, here's a link to the Surgefinder's official fourm if you want to know about it. And we are desperately needing members! As for the Knights of the Cosmere, that is something I can't say anything about. So, welcome to world of bookworms!

Welcome to the Shard! Have a cookie and an upvote! 

Have you ever awoken to find yourself sleeping on your wall instead of your bed? Have you been seeing strange beings that try to make say weird things? Did you ever turn your cat into smoke or maybe breakfast cereal? Or had visions of the future; for example how Game of Thrones will end or whether we will ever see a Surgebinder and a Mistborn go all Mortal Kombat with each other? 

If you've experienced any of these 'symptoms', then I should tell you that, "You are a Wizard, Harry." Oh, sorry, scratch that. You are something  way cooler. YOU ARE A SURGEBINDER! (*fanfare*). 

Come find us here at the Surgefinders in Urithiru. We need you. For the Last Desolation is here!