Words of Wisdom

ryshadium90

On 7/21/2017 at 2:30 PM, Ammanas said:

I look at it in a similar way. I always ask myself, "Is this a hill I am willing to die upon defending?" Even if I feel that I am right I usually apologize and ask to move on.

I learned that lesson the hard way by dying on too many hills. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

Never take advice from strangers on the internet. 

Lies! The internet is a bastion of truth and unrelenting kindness and objectivity. 

Now please excuse me for a moment while I go and involuntarily cry and vomit from all the... Kindness. 

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite quotes is one that my ex boyfriend used to tell me when I felt like I was stuck in life:
"You are under no obligation to be the same person today that you were yesterday." It reminds me that when I mess up, the best I can do is see today as a new chance to be the person I want to be!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doctor Who has some great quotes. The most recent episode had this gem:

"...Winning? Is that what you think it’s about? I’m not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone — or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It’s not because it’s fun. God knows it’s not because it's easy. It’s not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind. If I run away today, good people will die. If I stand and fight, some of them might live — maybe not many, maybe not for long. Hey, maybe there’s no point in any of this at all, but it's the best I can do. So I'm going to do it, and I will stand here doing it until it kills me. You're going to die, too, someday. When will that be? Have you thought about it? What would you die for? Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall. Stand with me. These people are terrified. Maybe we can help a little. Why not, just at the end, just be kind?"

• 4 weeks later...

'A stitch in time saves nine'

Learned this the hard way back in my uni days, when I noticed that the floor of my bathroom had a small dip which I ignored because, well, DIY. :ph34r: Nine months later, the entire floor of my bathroom started collapsing in to the vacant flat beneath me, with £1000s in cost for water damage. Thank the lord for home insurance.

Edited by PlanetReelo

• 1 month later...