Small Comics rant

Don't see anything about this anywhere else, and I kind of need to just let this out. 

First off, I love comics. Lots. But I hate Marvel right now. Many people call it SJW Marvel right now, and I find myself agreeing. I'm not against that stuff. It's just that it has its place, and replacing beloved characters with feminist versions and minority versions is POINTLESS. It DOESN'T add to the characters; I've read those comics and they're complete fluff! If Marvel wants diversity, then they need to create NEW characters that have depth and meaning. And bring back the ones we want. There is a reason Marvel sales are plummeting. 

Meanwhile, I would like to praise DC. It's not perfect, but it is working towards what we want. Superman is a HUGE example of this. I LOVE THE SUPERMAN STORIES RIGHT NOW! Superman has an issue with being relatable, because he is so OP. How did they solve that issue? Jonathan Kent. I LOVE Jonathan Kent. He adds so much depth to Superman, that Superman has become one of my favorite characters at the moment. Now I'm not a huge fan of what they're doing with Batman, but I'm sure that'll be fine. I love the Flash right now, although I reccomend that they give Black Wally West a new name. It's just too confusing. Walter West would be fine. Or William West. Anything to make it possible to prevent having to put some inevitably racist clarifier before their names. Wonder woman is... ok. But overall Rebirth is excellent for DC. They get what the fans want. 

Marvel needs to get its act together. So I have my ideas on how they could fix it:

1. Bring back the original Avengers team in a big event. That would go a long way to repairing the relationships with fans. 

2. Make Renew your Vows Spider-Man canon. Do they not see what Jonathan did for SUPERMAN? The whole family dynamic would finally give Peter Parker somewhere to go. Miles Morales can be our teenage spiderman, I'm ok with that. 

3. Create diverse, NEW characters. Not rip offs of classics. New characters. 

4. Maybe... just stop worrying about being politically correct and focus on the CHARACTERS? That's what makes DC and the movies so great! The comics have none of that! 

I read the old comics of marvel and it makes me sad that they've killed off Fantastic 4, X-men, Avengers... is there anything they haven't killed off?!? The old comics were fun, an escape, and not dreary and political like Marvel Comics is right now. 

Idk what marvel needs to do in order to get its act together, but it needs to be done. I'm not alone in this opinion. And their sales will continue to reflect the Fans opinions until they realize that they have no fan base left. 

50 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Bring back the original Avengers team in a big event. That would go a long way to repairing the relationships with fans.

Which original avengers team?

51 minutes ago, The Flash said:

I read the old comics of marvel and it makes me sad that they've killed off Fantastic 4, X-men, Avengers... is there anything they haven't killed off?!?

In both DC and Marvel, every team has been killed off multiple teams so this should be no surprise

52 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Idk what marvel needs to do in order to get its act together, but it needs to be done. I'm not alone in this opinion. And their sales will continue to reflect the Fans opinions until they realize that they have no fan base left. 

The Fan base is still incredibly strong.

53 minutes ago, The Flash said:

But overall Rebirth is excellent for DC.

NO! DC has had way too many rebirths recently and it is becoming hard to distinguish all of them

If you look at sales number, Marvel is not going to "lose its fan base" any time soon. Their sales are in the hundreds of thousands. I would also say that trying to reach marginalized groups that are not represented in comics makes sound business sense. They are opening up a new market for their comics. Calling it SJW is merely dismissive. 

Not to mention that two characters,  Miles Morales and Kamela Khan, are huge properties for Marvel right now. The Ultimates, aside from being diverse, is a fantastic comic that is setting the stage for something huge in the Marvel verse. The Thor comic has been consistently well written and entertaining. 

The Fantastic Four are not dead. Period. The team is not currently around, but not a single one of them is dead.  Only Wolverine and Cyclopes are dead in the X-Men (I don't count Xavier because he has been dead for a loooong time. If that surprises you, keep up). As far as Avengers, only Bruce Bannor is dead. 

The only main problem I see with Marvel is the principal one with DC: consistent artwork in their titles. 

7 minutes ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

If you look at sales number, Marvel is not going to "lose its fan base" any time soon. Their sales are in the hundreds of thousands. I would also say that trying to reach marginalized groups that are not represented in comics makes sound business sense. They are opening up a new market for their comics. Calling it SJW is merely dismissive. 

Not to mention that two characters,  Miles Morales and Kamela Khan, are huge properties for Marvel right now. The Ultimates, aside from being diverse, is a fantastic comic that is setting the stage for something huge in the Marvel verse. The Thor comic has been consistently well written and entertaining. 

The Fantastic Four are not dead. Period. The team is not currently around, but not a single one of them is dead.  Only Wolverine and Cyclopes are dead in the X-Men (I don't count Xavier because he has been dead for a loooong time. If that surprises you, keep up). As far as Avengers, only Bruce Bannor is dead. 

The only main problem I see with Marvel is the principal one with DC: consistent artwork in their titles. 

Did you miss my whole point? It isn't diversity I have an issue with. It's the obvious hate against the Xmen and Fantastic 4 (because marvel doesn't have the movie rights. I didn't believe it at first, but I've been convinced by what theyve done.). It's replacing every single classic avenger with some stupid replacement. Hawkeye. Hulk. Captain America  (I don't mind falcon AS much. Same with Miles morales. As I said, well created characters make a difference). Female Thor. I don't care what anyone says about how interesting her comics are, I like old thor. I want him back. But the one I hate the most is definetly Riri Williams, who replaced Tony Stark as iron man. This... just REALLY ticks me off. She is a nothing character. The comics she is in are transient, meh, and pathetic. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. I want iron man back more than any other avenger. 

Miss Marvel is one of the few comics I enjoy from marvel right now, along with Renew your Vows, and secret empire... sort of. I have extremely volatile feelings about Secret Empire. I just want Cap back :( he's my favorite character besides the Flash. 

Marvel isn't going to lose its fanbase entirely, obviously. Spider-Man alone will keep some on. But iron man? Not doing so hot. Avengers? Also not doing well. I don't enjoy the stories from Marvel very much anymore. Except for Squirrrel girl and Gwenpool. Those were inspired characters that I adore.

I am not the only one who feels like Marvel has gone in a stupid direction. It's comic sales are falling, within itself. It's frustrating for me, especially when they make great stories in their movies. Why can't they do that in their comics? Look at some comics forums sometime, or the comments section on a Marvel YouTube video. The backlash is real. Legacy is supposed to be a way to appease us... but that remains to be seen. If they bring back Cap, and bring back Iron Man, I might be able to deal with other characters. Might. 

Have you seen how many different X-men titles there are? X men gold, X-men blue, uncanny X-Men, all new X-Men, extraordinary X-Men... And that's not including the ones that focus on individual mutants! 

Fantastic Four have been on decline for a while, but they are always involved in major events. Doctor Doom is very active. 

The original Thor is still around and plays a big part in events, Avengers and the current Thor comic. He even had a great limited series called the Unworthy Thor. 

Hawkeye is still around and has a fairly big part to play in the current Secret Empire event. 

I just do not see the big deal. Characters get stale, you put them on the shelf, replace them or turn them Hydra. It's what you do with characters with decades of near constant storytelling!