41 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

He went over to Locke Tekiel.  "Fancy seeing you here.  You might be glad to know that the loyal guards did eventually manage to take out all the Venture spies."  @OrlokTsubodai

ahhh you should had told me to be the character from the last game again , but i have already writen down rp so :/ 

also @StrikerEZ as i havealready stated the carvings of our marks should determine the role so if yours for example have a star patern and smn else has that patern as well you'll probably have the same role 
also also if all of us have the same role , theoreticaly you could wait until tomorow to brand yourself , but you might need to make two actions tomorow 

Just putting my thoughts so far in order:

We need to use the essence mark to transfer to the physical realm.

Carvings decide role.

We have 2 nights to do this otherwise we are eliminated (pass on to the spiritual realm maybe?)

2 special roles. Could be leaders.

Write rp and contribute to game to gain 2 gold pieces, one for each I believe.

Day action is first in the cycle, so actions refresh after night. This is like a bonus night(from PM to Ecthelion III)

@Ecthelion III Can we make any actions whilst in cognitive realm?

Edit: Is there a countdown anywhere?

Edited by Megasif

“Time flows like a river, and we are hurtling through it. Before the time of our destination, a god died. Its power raged through this Realm, destroying everything around it and converting it to pure energy, reaching out across Realms through space.

Locke Tekiel, of noble blood and unparalleled lineage, was dead. Again. An occupational hazard, but nevertheless something difficult to grow used to.

“As soon as the sun touches the horizon and the sky blazes red, use your Mark.” He pointed to one of the glowing objects. “Immediately at the sun’s fall—immediately before this land is ravaged by power—you must make the transition.”

Locke was rather bemused at the authoritative tone taken by this hooded figure. He'd been through this process twenty three times already, and hadn't ever had to follow such ridiculous procedures. Bureaucracy could be a useful tool, but it was irritating to be on the receiving end. He was surprised that anyone had had the temerity to try to exert control over this passage, but wouldn't stay around to deal with it. He'd sort out his own passage, and head back to the ancestral estates for a while.

He paused, letting the weight of his message sink in. He tried not to let his uncertainty show. Instead, he added wryly, “One last thing: I would recommend staying near the edge of this island—unless you fancy going for a swim.”

A veiled threat, or subtle encouragement... Locke was unconcerned. Knights Radiant, Jeskeri Cultists, even Odium himself had all failed to keep him dead. He didn't think that this individual, whoever they were, would manage where they'd failed.

Locke glanced around briefly. He recognised a few faces, a benefit of so many lives, but was surprised to be addressed. He responded, interested that someone dared to address him here.

"Fascinating. I've never had a terribly strong relationship with Venture, and it's pleasing to know that they've been set back. I'll have to pay a visit to their Keep when I return, and send my regards. Your loyalty was really to such a minor House? I do hope you make it back safely. It would be a great shame to lose your chance at life for such an unimportant cause." @Yitzi2

5 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

"Fascinating. I've never had a terribly strong relationship with Venture, and it's pleasing to know that they've been set back. I'll have to pay a visit to their Keep when I return, and send my regards. Your loyalty was really to such a minor House? I do hope you make it back safely. It would be a great shame to lose your chance at life for such an unimportant cause." @Yitzi2

"Apparently I misunderstood; I was informed of one of your adventures, guarding House Conrad against the schemes of Venture.  I had presumed that this was your only adventure, but from your response I take it that this was not the case.  In that case, I am even more pleased to meet, or, shall I say, re-meet, a fellow wanderer."

+59 makes 147

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

From the write-up, it sounded like everyone was supposed to get one, or at least something similar.

I had been under the impression that each person would get a completely different item...but now that you mention it, the write-up does mention Marks, so it must be only the carvings that are different.

Lucky Duke sat on the edge of the island, wondering what he had gotten himself into this time. It had been ages since he had last died, and he didn't have fond experiences of what had happened as he awaited his caller. He only hoped that he would manage to stay out of trouble this time. Duke watched the mist swirl beyond the shore - swirling, thin strands moving this way and that through the air, or at least the equivalent of it. Duke frowned. He'd never seen something like this before - he was born and raised on the wild prairies of the Midwest. He'd heard rumors of oceans so big you could hardly see the other side from Apache Kid, his occasional partner in crime and friend, but he had never imagined them to be actually true. It turns out the Indian had been the lucky one this time. Lucky Duke frowned. Most of the folks around the campfire looked dangerous, like they'd been in a fight. He'd even seen Vulture Sam there, someone Duke remembered to be sour-mannered and dishonorable, collecting from the corpses of the dead. Still, Duke knew that whoever the supposed "traitors" were, they would be tough to beat. He hoped the whole thing would end up turning into an old-fashioned shootout. But Duke suspected that it would become a game of intrigue, deception, and trickery, all which Duke was terrible at. Still, Duke had his barrel, and that was something, right?

Duke sighed. He felt all jittery, an emotion he hadn't felt in years. So he whipped out his pipe and lighter from his jacket pocket, and took a smoke of the special Indian stuff Apache Kid had given him a while back, for "the loosening of the mind". Immediately a faint, flickering light blossomed from the end of the pipe, and shadows flickered across the stone around Duke. Duke groaned, realizing his folly at the last second. He had forgotten.

Suddenly, Duke's shadow moved, of it's own accord, around Duke and started dancing in the firelight. It's two-dimensional mouth opened, and it started chanting, "Free, free, free!" It's voice was tinny, quiet, and not much like Duke's own, but it was still as annoying as when Duke first realized that his shadow could talk. 

"Quiet", Duke growled. The shadow laughed, a metallic sound. 

"Don't remember? You can't give me orders when you're dead!", it replied. It continued to dance, though it no longer spoke as it did. Duke groaned a second time. How had he forgotten about that? Had the Indian smoke already have gotten to him? Duke lay back on the ground, feeling the hard stone beneath his head. Duke yawned. Maybe it was time to get a quick rest.

Suddenly, the shadow stopped and went completely still.

"Oh my", it said, it's voice quieter than usual. "What have you gotten yourself into this time?"

The shadow laughed.

"You are completely screwed, Lucky Duke. Maybe you'll die off completely and I'll go find a less bothersome host."

Duke could hardly hear the shadow by now, and everything faded into darkness as Duke fell asleep and dreamed dreams of buffalo galloping across the plains.

Word count: 526

Edited by cloudjumper

Jaspian talked to his stick for the upteenth time that day. 

I am a stick, it told him. Jaspian sighed again, clutching the stick within his hands. He had had a stressful day, but the fact that he had died didn't help alleviate the stress one bit. Especially considering the scary man and the even scarier voice inside his head (besides the stick, of course). He didn't quite know what was going on, but he wished the stick would console him again, like it used to.

I am a stick, it said again, but more forcefully this time. Jaspian sighed, nodding his head. The stick was right, Jaspian needed to get over the loss of his life and work on solving whatever problem he had gotten himself into. Maybe he and the stick could bring themselves back to life somehow? 

I am a stick? Jaspian nodded. He didn't think it was likely either, but the strange, stonelike...thing he had taken from the man seemed almost...mystical. Maybe he could use this to become alive again? 

I am a stick, the stick said agin. Jaspian smiled, and raised his head up high. He was determined once again to be alive, and he would do whatever it takes to do it.

208 words

Vulture Sam hated the sea. He supposed he could make an exception for the ethereal, misty, matter that surrounded the island, though. Sam was just happy to be alive after that fiasco in True Madil. Normally he and his gang wouldn't have tried anything in an established lawkeeper's territory, but money had been scarce and rumor had it Miles had left to visit family. Had he known it was Miles himself they were going to try to cheat, he never would have gone. He could still hear the disguised lawkeeper's laugh as he shrugged off bullet wounds that would have put down a koloss. 

Enough of that. He couldn't afford to live in the past. His friends were dead and gone, but it looked like Sam would get the chance to return to the world of the living. He examined the glowing object in his hand and smiled. The smile quickly faded as Sam remembered the mysterious man's words. "When sunset falls, chaos will be upon us." Sam had always hated chaos and disorder. It was why he had always loved to cheat at cards. Gambling was for fools and drunks. What he did was like the work of a master architect, bringing order to chaos. If a man was willing to throw his money on the poker table, he deserved to lose it. Some people, like that fool Lucky Duke, trusted their fortune to get them out of trouble. Foolishness. This problem, like any other, was one to be solved by intellect and knowledge. Sam eyed the other spirits distrustfully. And perhaps, if it came to it, he could solve it with his pistols as well.

277 words

I'll get around to RP once I finish some jobs. But for now here is a tidbit. 

Eobard thawne sat in the cognitive realm, the negative speed-force surrounding him. 

He wasn't evil today. But it was only a matter of time before he regenerated. There were benefits to being a living paradox. 

Lightning surrounded him on the featureless plain. He didn't need to run yet. But soon... 

51 words

Edited by The Flash

Just a bit for now.

Laust was surrounded by darkness. No. It was something else. Something much worse. Something that didn't let him focus. Didn't let him remember. Was he walking? Floating? He was moving forward on the darkened plain but couldn't feel his legs. How long had he been like this?

As if in answer, his mind flashed images. Fighting. The edge of a large plateaue. Falling. The bottom of a chasm. Pain. The taste of blood. Darkness.

He kept moving forward. The movement was almost like a pull now. And getting stronger. He felt the darkness again.

He opened his eyes. Suddenly aware of his surroundings. 19 others around a fire. A cloaked figure. And something of immense power.

How had he gotten here? Where WAS he? 

Eobard realized he couldn't remember why he was in this strange place. He held up the small glowing thing he had been given. Maybe it would be useful. For what, he had no idea. 

But the negative speed force was all around him. And one other thing he remembered: Barry Allen. 

He would find him. And make his life miserable. Even if he couldn't remember why, there was a good reason for doing so. 

But the regenerating wasn't working. He didn't have a solid body yet. The lightning swirled around him, trying to regenerate him, but something was off. 

Spheres littered the "sea" in front of him. But Eobard would not be confined to a little island. He shook the little glowing thing, wondering if it would do something. 

It didn't. 

And despite being incorpeal, he could still run. Lightning opened, and Eobard was gone, leaving the others behind. He easily tore across the sea of spheres. 

And yet despite the lightning, he felt... foreign. Something was off. The Negative Speed Force was not as strong here as it should be. Had Barry not created the Speed Force yet? Already Eobard was starting to remember things from before, but the reason for him being here remained frustratingly out of reach. 

And so he zoomed across the sea of spheres, until he came across a mass of something that wasn't composed of spheres. Something was here. 

And Eobard would explore it. 

About 297 words of RP so far

Edited by The Flash

Hm. So we're traveling to the time right after Adonalsium shattered, maybe? It looks like at least one of the hidden roles is friendly.

1 hour ago, STINK said:

cognitive realm best realm

Looks like you can survive one night in the cognitive so it *should* be fine but it would be a real shame if we lost any actives to what feels like an anti-inactive mechanic.

1 minute ago, asterion137 said:

Hm. So we're traveling to the time right after Adonalsium shattered, maybe? It looks like at least one of the hidden roles is friendly.

Looks like you can survive one night in the cognitive so it *should* be fine but it would be a real shame if we lost any actives to what feels like an anti-inactive mechanic.

well using the stamp cant be blocked . the action is first. so it should be fine

Just now, The Flash said:

No it's not! 

Is it? I don't think so. I havent done an actual speedster character before (ive just used names of speedsters. Important difference there)

It's close enough to claiming to be a speedster.

9 minutes ago, The Flash said:

In reality im just hoping eventually I'll play a game where I'm a steelrunner or something. 

i dont remember seeing steelrunner as a role in a game 
however we did play a game with an edgedancer that moved real quick and spied on pms 
it was amans's lg i belive