Arkwright

Kered

So I've always been iffy when it comes to sci-fy novels. I've read a few of the Star Wars EU books, Dune and Enders game but that's about it as far as my experience in the genre. I tend to stick to Fantasy and thriller. But as I was at Barnes and Noble a couple weeks ago, came across the book Arkwright.  It took me about a week to pick it up, but when I did...you know how the story goes. I couldn't put it down till I finished. It is now officially in my top ten favorite books of all time. The style of this book is amazing, the progression and pace is insane. Highly recommend reading it, especially for that small group of people who share my views on Sci-Fy. 

Basically it's about space travel, how over generations the human race would practically approach building a star ship and exploring deep space. It starts in current time, flashes back to 1942 and ends in the year 2123(i believe). Following generation of generation that were descended from the same man. Nathan Arkwright who was one of the greatest Sci-Fy authors of his time, and his dream was to make his books in a reality. To send man where no man has tread before. Watching his plans play out and unfold over decades is captivating. 

The thing that gets me the most about this book is it's realism. While reading it you get the honest feeling that our own world is on cusp of deep space travel, and all we have to do is take a few practical steps demonstrated in the book.