Hello!

I guess that this is a place to introduce myself, which I'm not very good at. I've been reading Sanderson books for ~4 years now, but only just decided to join here as I've been rereading all the Cosmere novels. I'm 25, a pastor, and enjoy reading, video games, and playing sports. I don't really know what else to say about myself, so instead meet my kitten, Lightsong the Bold! 

20170705_191731.thumb.jpg.37feb43263917f64a296107e28b45b72.jpg

Below pictured reading Arcanum Unbounded, because he's a Sanderson fan, too. 

20170706_225522.thumb.jpg.575eb1522fb20f0f8f278e7dc83ca4ac.jpg

Also, if you want to know anything about me, feel free to ask me anything. 

Hey, welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote (mostly for the cat :P) and a free spiked delicious cookie! (Also, don't listen to @Sami, she doesn't know what she's talking about :ph34r:)

Spoiler

cookie.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, having the sudden urge to kill everyone, and completely losing control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley™ claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

Which Cosmere book is your favorite? Who's your favorite character? Have you read any non-Cosmere stories? If you could have any magic system (Allomancy, Surgebinding, Aviar, etc.), which would you have?

1 minute ago, Ammanas said:

Welcome! Have you ever worked a Sanderson story into one of your sermons before? 

Not yet! I haven't been a pastor for too long, though, and I'm not the only teaching pastor at my church so I've only written some 15 sermons so far. It'll almost definitely happen at some point, though. Sanderson's approach to character growth, the complexity of humanity, and his thoughtful approach to issues of faith are fantastic. The stories are memorable, too, so they'd be excellent for use in sermons! 

13 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Which Cosmere book is your favorite? Who's your favorite character? Have you read any non-Cosmere stories? If you could have any magic system (Allomancy, Surgebinding, Aviar, etc.), which would you have?

My answers to those first two questions are probably predictable, given my kitten, but War breaker is my favorite Cosmere book and Lightsong is possibly my favorite character in any work of fiction ever. Honorable mentions for favorite characters in Cosmere are Elend, Wayne, Steris, and Syl.

Apart from Cosmere, I've read The Rithmatist and Steelheart (and have Firefight waiting to be read).

If I could be a full Mistborn, I'd probably choose allomancy because it's so versatile and doesn't require much that's terribly rare or sacrifice of myseld (like feruchemy does). If I'd have to be a misting because that's pretty much what it's like at this point on Scadrial, then I'd probably choose surgebinding. 

• 7 months later...

I am in love. My family can't have cats because my dad and I are both allergic, him worse than me.  He also hates cats. I love them. We are sort of looking into a dog, though. Only problem is that it has to be hypoallergenic. So I have parakeets. And we have the cutest rabid ever. Who I am allergic to. But I still love him. My brother has a goldfish. His name is Pants. :rolleyes: