What characters would you want to meet each other?

kiapet

Question

Just for fun: If you could have any two characters in all of the Cosmere meet/hang out with each other, who would you choose?

Personally, I'd like to see Wayne and Lift. Both are hilariously flippant yet good-hearted thieves with slightly sideways ways of thinking, super awesome powers, dark pasts and emotional depth they are very good at hiding. They'd hit it off pretty quickly and no one's hats or food would ever be safe again.

Vin and Kaladin for me as well. I think Kelsier and Dalinar would make a good meet up. Dalinar represents the best of what a noble/highborn person can be. Would be interesting to see how Kels would respond to that. 

I'd pay my weight in infused spheres to see a debate between Jasnah and Wayne. Also, Jasnah and Khriss for obvious reasons of Scholarship!

And I'd love to see Shai and Shallan discuss the nature of truth and lies as applied to their manifestations of Investiture and the interplay of art and magic

Edited by Weltall

Siri and Lift, because they both come across as kinda light and goofy, but have a lot of deeper wisdom that could come out after a while. Also, Kelsier and Raoden, as an attempt to cancel out the Kaladin/Galadon pessimism. 

4 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Siri would be present to act as the test subject that Shallan would observe.

Well, I had actually thought that Shallan would be the one turning red, but Siri works too. Jasnah would probably need to be there to take notes.

"Do you always do that with your hat on Wayne?" asked Jasnah.

"Of course, you can't properly apply yourself without the right hat." replied Wayne.

"What about pooping?" asked Shallan "You don't poop in your hat do you?"

"Wayne..." Blushweaver interjected.

"Poop in my hat? What is wrong with you woman?" Wayne shouted in outrage.

"Wayne..." Blushweaver said again betraying some frustration in her tone.

"I meant do you take your hat off when you poop?" Shallan quickly responded.

"No, of course not" replied Wayne. "What if someone killed me while I was pooping, I don't think I could survive the embarrassment of dying without me hat."

"WAYNE!" Blushweaver screamed in desperation.

Jasnah wrinkled her brow looking up from her notes "You don't think you could survive the embarrassment of dying without a hat?".

"Right, finally someone is listening to me. Say, that bracelet you have on there is pretty nice? Want to trade for this fancy dress I have here?" Wayne asked Jasnah.

"Wayne, that's MY dress" objected Blushweaver.

"Is not, you gave it to me. No backsies." replied Wayne.

"Wayne dear, I let you take it off me because we were going to...".

"Oh." replied Wayne. "OH! Umm, is the quiet lass supposed to be that colour?" he asked looking in Siri's direction.

Kelsier and Shai! Two thieves, experts at manipulating people around them, and a mutual hatred for Hoid? What could be better than that? Think about it, it could be the start of a Cosmere wide thieving crew while hunting Hoid on the side. 

Plus feruchemical Identity and Soul Forging would make a very interesting combination.    

Edited by shadowwisp

3 minutes ago, Dragonphoenix said:

I would like to see how Hrathen, Rashek, and Sadeas meet up just to see how they would react to one another's views and morals, and if they would become allies or bitter foes

Rashek and Hrathen would be an amazing conversation. Personally, I'd like Taravangian to be involved rather than Sadeas, but that might be my prejudice towards liking Taravangian more.

Rashek, Hrathen, Taravangian, Sadeas, and maybe another person, just sitting around a table discussing philosophy... This would definitely be worth reading.

2 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Rashek, Hrathen, Taravangian, Sadeas, and maybe another person, just sitting around a table discussing philosophy... This would definitely be worth reading.

My mental image of this is Rashek forcing Hrathen to accept him as God. Taravangian playing nice while working in secret to undermine them, and Sadeas... Toes the line or dies. 

4 minutes ago, Calderis said:

My mental image of this is Rashek forcing Hrathen to accept him as God. Taravangian playing nice while working in secret to undermine them, and Sadeas... Toes the line or dies. 

Or they could do that. I'm imagining they reach a point where all of that maneuvering just goes nowhere and they start having more casual discussion. Sadeas likes(or at least approves of) political maneuvering in discussion, so he'd participate. Rashek would be right at home in such a discussion, having to deal with the noblemen back when he attended the Balls. Taravangian wouldn't really be doing much different than he already was. And Hrathen understands the value of logic beyond blind devotion

Legitimate discussion would be both fascinating and entertaining. The subtle manipulations games working in the background and all...

1 minute ago, The One Who Connects said:

Or they could do that. I'm imagining they reach a point where all of that maneuvering just goes nowhere and they start having more casual discussion. Sadeas likes(or at least approves of) political maneuvering in discussion, so he'd participate. Rashek would be right at home in such a discussion, having to deal with the noblemen back when he attended the Balls. Taravangian wouldn't really be doing much different than he already was. And Hrathen understands the value of logic beyond blind devotion

Legitimate discussion would be both fascinating and entertaining. The subtle manipulations games working in the background and all...

I agree. If they were on some kind of neutral ground especially it seems likely. 

If it were an actual power struggle though, Rashek is just... Ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I agree. If they were on some kind of neutral ground especially it seems likely. 

If it were an actual power struggle though, Rashek is just... Ridiculous. 

The question in that case would then be if Sadeas, Taravangian, and Hrathen could somehow convince Rashek to spare them or maneuver them to their side against the two others. I could see Sadeas pulling this off the best as he is adapt at political maneuvering. That would leave Taravangian and Hrathen to try and work together. In a straight up duel I could see Sadeas and Rashek have the upper hand in sheer power and persuasion but I think Taravangian and Hrathen would be superior in intelligence (especially when Taravangian is at his best) and logical/strategic/passionate thinking. In other words I think it would come down to persuasion and power against incredible intelligence.

26 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Rashek – Destroy them!

Hrathen – When?

Taravangian – Mummy?

The next day

Rashek – I am god

Hrathen – Prove it

Taravangian - Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The next day

Rashek – Things must not change, we must hold off the powers of transformation and buy time until this world can be ransomed.

Hrathen – And what then, what kind of world will we build?

Taravangian – Change must be forced, we have no time!

The next day

Rashek – Comfort is not material. Survival is material.

Hrathen – Comfort is not material. Unity is material.

Taravangian – Mummy?

The next day

Rashek – I killed my friends and broke my people? Do you think death troubles me?

Hrathen – Never have I felt like I did for her. And she chose Captain America. Do you think death troubles me?

Taravangian – YouMustRemoveTheirPowerYouMustGainTheirPowerYouMustConnectToTheLivingGodYouMustFindTheSource.TheCostIsNot.TheDeathIsNot.TheyMustReconnect.

The last day

Rashek – Preserve all!

Hrathen – Devote yourselves!

Taravangian – Daddy!

10 hours ago, Extesian said:

Rashek – Destroy them!

Hrathen – When?

Taravangian – Mummy?

The next day

Rashek – I am god

Hrathen – Prove it

Taravangian - Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The next day

Rashek – Things must not change, we must hold off the powers of transformation and buy time until this world can be ransomed.

Hrathen – And what then, what kind of world will we build?

Taravangian – Change must be forced, we have no time!

The next day

Rashek – Comfort is not material. Survival is material.

Hrathen – Comfort is not material. Unity is material.

Taravangian – Mummy?

The next day

Rashek – I killed my friends and broke my people? Do you think death troubles me?

Hrathen – Never have I felt like I did for her. And she chose Captain America. Do you think death troubles me?

Taravangian – YouMustRemoveTheirPowerYouMustGainTheirPowerYouMustConnectToTheLivingGodYouMustFindTheSource.TheCostIsNot.TheDeathIsNot.TheyMustReconnect.

The last day

Rashek – Preserve all!

Hrathen – Devote yourselves!

Taravangian – Daddy!

Absolutely brilliant!

For another meet-up: Denth, Kelsier, and Mraize. If they don't all kill each other, this would be a fascinating conversation. On second thought, the fight would be really interesting too. I'm really curious to know what Mraize can do in a fight.