Aimians

Airhawk360

So I was looking through the forums and... my brain kind of exploded, as happens where the Cosmere is involved. How on earth do we know so much about the Aimians? I mean, I know where Aimia is, that they appear in the stormlight archives a few times, and that they are blue (And can either dislocate limbs at will, or have many rumors spread about them.) But I don't remember that many details about them, like there being different types and having connections to the spiritual and cognitive realm... or, for that matter, that they are supposedly the ones writing the back script?! (Or at least the WOK one.)

Was a lot of this details I missed from Edgedancer? Or are there a series of WOB that confirm all of this. I feel like I should know way more about them suddenly as a Cosmere and Sa fan.

It's comes from a lot of places but your right about part of it. 

Edgedancer spoilers 

Spoiler

There is a character that appears in Edgedancer who is a Dysian Aimian. His speech patterns are very distinct, and either he is the author, or one of his kind are of the back cover of tWoK. 

Shortly after Edgedancer's release, Brandon confirmed that the Sleepless (the Dysian Aimians) are the authors. 

Outside of Edgedancer, we have Axies, who is a Siah Aimian. 

I believe the only mention of Dysians comes from Wit to Dalinar in his "could you pull a man apart, and put him back together differently, like a Dysian Aimian?" gibletish rant. 

A lot of it comes from WoBs.

Ah ok, thanks. The books are long enough that one can still miss a lot on a second re-read :P

And also yea, coming mostly from WOB makes sense.

I realize this seems like one of those "Just go to the coppermind" Kind of posts that should just be researched rather than posted, but I was generally confused how I missed so much after just finishing the series.

2 minutes ago, Airhawk360 said:

Ah ok, thanks. The books are long enough that one can still miss a lot on a second re-read :P

And also yea, coming mostly from WOB makes sense.

I realize this seems like one of those "Just go to the coppermind" Kind of posts that should just be researched rather than posted, but I was generally confused how I missed so much after just finishing the series.

Well you mentioned in your post that you hadn't read Edgedancer, and on the occasions I've used the Coppermind, it's very easy to accidentally get to things that aren't your intended topic. 

So I figured I'd try to give you a general idea of how we know, with a clear choice to read or not read the Edgedancer bit. 

• Chaos locked this topic