2. Torol Sadeas 
  3. Eshonai
  4. Adolin Kholin
  5. Dalinar Kholin
  6. Kaladin Stormblessed
  7. Szeth-son-son-Vallano
  8. The Lord Ruler

Conditions 

• Vin has all 16 metals and is armed with 5 glass daggers and a bunch of coins, she is allowed to use mist in round 8
  • Shallan is equipped with her shardblade,Pattern【with 30 minutes stormlight】
  • Sadeas is equipped with his shardplate and a hammer
  • Eshonai is equipped with her shardplate and shardblade
  • Adolin is equipped with his shardplate and shardblade
  • Dalinar is equipped with his shardplate and Oathbringer
  • Kaladin is equipped with his shardblade (Syl),and has 3 oaths 【with 30 minutes stormlight】
  • Szeth has Nightblood and Jezrien's honorblade【with 30 minutes stormlight】
  • The Lord Ruler has all the metals (of course)
  • Everyone is blood lusted and wants to kill right away
Edited by MONARCH

These things are fun (maybe we should have a dedicated section for fight topics?)

Anyway, since Shallan doesnt know how to use Transformation, she clears her. The four Shardbearers would all be easy meat. Kaladin and Szeth would be tougher, but not by much. With Atium+coins, she should kill both pretty easily. And as she did beat TLR with mist in Final Empire, she would do the same here.

tl;dr: She clears all.

I would say that with atium any fight would be an easy one I am still not sure if the Rashek would had lost if she hadnt taken him by surprise 

So my verdict is that it would come down to the amount of atium she has 

PS important to note that shardplate cant be pushed or pulled and its wearer is immune to emotional alomancy

5 hours ago, Manukos said:

important to note that shardplate cant be pushed or pulled

Shardplate and Shardblades, I believe, can be pushed/pulled on but they are very resistant. For Vin I would imagine it requires her to use Duralumin.

Szeth, Windrunner Honorblade and Nightblood all been fed for 30min? Not sure anyone other than a Shard can beat that. Just needs a nick with Nightblood and over. Plus we don't really know what Nightblood can fully do when drawn, but can guess it will be major.

TFE era there were only 14 known metals including atium and malatium. Does she have those? Or does she have the full 16 of the AoL era which excludes atium and its alloys?

It's an important question, because in a bloodlusted, non-stealth fight, I don't see her beating Kal without atium. 

14 hours ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

Szeth, Windrunner Honorblade and Nightblood all been fed for 30min? Not sure anyone other than a Shard can beat that. Just needs a nick with Nightblood and over. Plus we don't really know what Nightblood can fully do when drawn, but can guess it will be major.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Nightblood. A well placed coin could still drop Szeth though, and with atium, there is a chance for her to just headshot him before he manages to draw it.

Vin clears imo. Chromium will wreck her only two real challengers in  Szeth and Kaladin if she gets close enough iirc. She doesn't have Atium but she also shouldn't really need it. Bendalloy and steel give her a large mobility advantage over Szeth, her main challenge. Szeth needs to get close to deal real damage, but Vin can't miss him with coins if he comes within range. Plus I think Szeth's stormlight belt has a metal buckle.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:07 AM, WhiteLeeopard said:

Spoiler

Vasher used a fully drawn Nightblood in Warbreaker against an army of Lifeless. Drawing it fully causes a drain on the holder's Investiture so Szeth drawing it would mean less stormlight for him to use the longer he has it in hand.

sorry for the double window

Edited by Agent34

5 hours ago, asterion137 said:

Vin clears imo. Chromium will wreck her only two real challengers in  Szeth and Kaladin if she gets close enough iirc. She doesn't have Atium but she also shouldn't really need it. Bendalloy and steel give her a large mobility advantage over Szeth, her main challenge. Szeth needs to get close to deal real damage, but Vin can't miss him with coins if he comes within range. Plus I think Szeth's stormlight belt has a metal buckle.

In order to be close enough for chromium to do anything she in range of Shardblades and lashes. Plus we have no clue the rate at which chromium will effect Stormlight. Add in the superior combat training of both Kal and Szeth (especially Szeth, he trained in a literal hand to hand martial art) and in an outright fight Vin loses. She's not bad for her setting don't get me wrong, but Mistborn are trained more for stealth and assassination than straight combat. Relevant WoB 

http://theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1152#25

QUESTION

We were wondering who would win in a fight, a Mistborn or a Windrunner.

BRANDON SANDERSON

It would really depend on the situation. I would say the Windrunner would win on a battlefield and the Mistborn will when at sneaking around and slitting people’s throats.

TAGS

hypothetical duels

As far as steel and bendalloy giving a mobility advantage... Steel isn't going to do much that Gravitation can't. Bendalloy bubbles are stationary, only cover a few feet, and have an built-in delay between dropping one and raising another. So mobility is almost equal. I say almost, because any slight gain from bendalloy I think will be negated heavily by a well timed use of a full lashing on Kal or Szeth's part. If they manage to get off a single full lashing that immobilizes her, Shardblade end it then and there. 

Edited by Calderis

I think Vin would lose to Szeth after being worn down by Kaladin. Both Szeth and Kal would be very difficult targets to kill with their mobility and healing potential, and with Vin tired from previous battles I think Szeth's melee combat training would catch her off guard. Plus, there's Division to consider, and Nightblood.

1. Shallan wears metal and isn't combat trained.

2-5 get stomped by duralumin steel. Shardplate isn't fast enough without a radiant inside and provides too big a target for Vin to miss. It's also possible that Vin could drain the shardplate with chromium. She should have no problem engaging or disengaging with her speed and mobility advantages. They also have no way of engaging when Vin is in the air.

6. Kaladin wears some metal from the cover of WoR so it's in character for Vin to open with by ragdolling him. If he knows not to wear metal the fight is very close. Kaladin will probably try to close with her so he can use his Blade and Vin will probably try to kite him with coins and steel. Kaladin can fly higher but I can't imagine that helping him in this fight since he has no range. Kaladin probably has the mobility advantage unless the fight is in a city or forest. Vin has a much more versatile powerset with coins, emotional allomancy, and duralumin so she should take a solid majority of fights despite Kaladin being better trained in hand to hand.

7. If he knows not to wear metal Szeth is the biggest threat to Vin in the gauntlet. Szeth is a far better fighter than Vin hand to hand so if he gets close to Vin there's not much Vin can do outside of tricks. If he resorts to using Nightblood a single touch by Vin burning chromium will end him. He's not very stable so Vin could use emotional allomancy to stagger him so she can use duralumin to one shot him.

8. If TLR is bloodlusted he wins easily. He will kill her by compounding steel and tearing her apart before she can react.

Stops at 8 for sure, may stop at 7 if szeth knows not to wear metal

On 2017/7/8 at 3:07 AM, Calderis said:

TFE era there were only 14 known metals including atium and malatium. Does she have those? Or does she have the full 16 of the AoL era which excludes atium and its alloys?

It's an important question, because in a bloodlusted, non-stealth fight, I don't see her beating Kal without atium. 

She has 5 min atium,and 30 minutes of metal in round 1-7.

5 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

A direct headshot will kill them instantly.

If it does significant enough damage to result in instant death yes. Short of completely crushing the skull, that's a lot harder than it sounds. Look at the numbers of people who have survived heads hots, even after losing large portions of the brain. 

Armed only with pewter and knives, a guaranteed kill is a lot less reliable than you'd think. 

Stormlight healing is a lot weaker than a large storage of F-gold, although still potent. If Vin gets a headshot with coins it will probably be fatal. And with foreknowledge of the Radiants' healing factor and if she's bloodlusted Vin is likely to go straight to duralumin to ensure a kill.

On 10.07.2017 at 10:58 PM, asterion137 said:

Stormlight healing is a lot weaker than a large storage of F-gold

You've got it backwards.

Kaladin broke all bones in both of his legs and managed to heal them in time it took a Shardbearer to get up. No mention of large amount of Stormlight spent.
Now, if you compare it with various Feruchemical gold healings...

On 10.07.2017 at 10:58 PM, asterion137 said:

If Vin gets a headshot with coins it will probably be fatal.

You need duralumin Steelpush to pierce the skull and even then such wound it's not guaranteed to be fatal. Furthermore, with Stormlight healing it probably won't be. By Ivory, you can kill someone holding Stormlight only by completely crushing the head.

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

You've got it backwards.

Kaladin broke all bones in both of his legs and managed to heal them in time it took a Shardbearer to get up. No mention of large amount of Stormlight spent.
Now, if you compare it with various Feruchemical gold healings...

You need duralumin Steelpush to pierce the skull and even then such wound it's not guaranteed to be fatal. Furthermore, with Stormlight healing it probably won't be. By Ivory, you can kill someone holding Stormlight only by completely crushing the head.

you dont need duralumin to pierce the skull. Vin shoots a coin straight through marsh's head with no mention or duralumin. She does the same to a soldier during her attack on Keep Hasting. We as readers often underestimate steel because practically every enemy of note can block its effects so easily, but coins propelled by steel seem to be around as fast as early musket balls.

2 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Kaladin broke all bones in both of his legs and managed to heal them in time it took a Shardbearer to get up.

All evidence points to stormlight being slower. And healing his legs enough to walk in 15 seconds or so won't be enough to save him from a headshot

"The healing process seemed to take forever"

~Words of Radiance, "To Kill the Wind"

"Stormlight healing was far from instantaneous. It would be hours before he recovered"

~The Way of Kings, prologue