A Desperate Alliance

In the midst of the chaos and turmoil of the War of Reckoning, a faint beacon of hope shines. The Parshendi, in a surprising move, have offered peace to the warring Alethi Highprinces. Atop a wide plateau in middle of the Shattered Plains, the Parshendi and Alethi delegations meet to attempt the negotiation of a lasting peace treaty.

But such a momentous occasion has not gone unnoticed. And on Roshar, secrets abound. From the shadows, many sets of malicious eyes watch the proceedings. None of them seek the same ultimate goals - indeed, many are mortal enemies of each other. But all are united on this one thing: that these fragile talks should bear only a stillborn fruit.

Welcome to MR23: A Desperate Alliance!

This game is a faction game, rather than a standard game of Sanderson Elimination. In the basic game, there will be 5 factions, each with separate win conditions. However, if enough players sign up, up to two additional factions may be added. There will be no Day/Night Turns in this game, rather, it will be played in 48-hour unified Turns. The game will end either when one of the hidden factions achieves their win condition, or when all members of hidden factions have been eliminated. 

The Alethi and Parshendi peace delegations are public factions: every player will be revealed as a member of one of these two factions at the start of the game. The Parshendi and Alethi have unique sets of roles available to them. All of the remaining factions have members hidden among the public factions - these hidden factions do not share win conditions with the public factions, but their individual win conditions may be compatible with other factions. Or they may not. Hope you like intrigue!

Factions and Roles:

Alethi:

The Alethi delegation is ostensibly present to negotiate peace with the Parshendi, but mistrust of their recent enemies runs high, and whispered conversations in quiet tents reveal that first loyalty is given solely to their princedoms. All Alethi players are known publicly at the start of the game. The Alethi do not begin the game with a faction doc, but must use the thread to communicate. However, each cycle, an Alethi player may choose to create a PM between themselves and another player. These PMs last until they are closed or until one of the participants dies.

Win Condition: At least one Alethi must survive to the end of the game.

Alethi Roles:

Ambassador: Your study of divergent cultures gives you significant influence in the camp. Each cycle, you may move a vote to a new target, including to a no-vote.

Artifabrian: Your cutting-edge fabrials give you an unparalleled edge at gathering information. Each cycle, you may target a player and learn their role and faction.

Guardsman: Each cycle, you may choose one player to protect from death. If they are attacked, the first kill is blocked. After successfully protecting a player, you are injured and cannot protect again for the rest of the game. This protection is ineffective against the lynch.

Shardbearer: You are a notable warrior, and have won either a Shardblade or a suit of Shardplate through your skill at arms. A suit of Shardplate protects against the first kill that targets a player, including the lynch. If you have a Shardblade, each cycle you may choose a player to attack. A Shardbearer will not have both a Shardblade and Shardplate.

Highprince: You are a Shardbearer with both a Shardblade and Shardplate. However, due to the unfortunate political implications it would cause, you cannot use your Shardblade to attack another player. Instead, you may choose one player each cycle to protect. If they are targeted by a kill action, the action is blocked and you attack the attacker instead.

Parshendi:

Spoiler

The Parshendi delegation is tasked with creating peace between their people and the Alethi. But if push comes to shove, their primary responsibility is the safety of their own people. All Parshendi players are revealed publicly at the start of the game. The Parshendi have a faction doc to discuss in.

Win Condition: At least one Parshendi must survive to the end of the game.

Parshendi do not have conventional roles like the Alethi faction. Instead, each Parshendi has access to different forms. Each cycle, a Parshendi may choose to take another form instead of using an action. All Parshendi begin the game in Warform.

Parshendi Forms:

Warform: A Parshendi in Warform survives the first kill (including the lynch) that targets them. In addition, each cycle, you may choose a player. If that player is attacked that cycle, the attack is redirected to you.

Scholarform: Each cycle, a Parshendi in Scholarform may target a player and learn either their role or their faction (randomly determined). If they target a player they have targeted before, they learn the other piece of information.

Nimbleform: Each cycle, a Parshendi in Nimbleform may create a PM between themselves and up to 3 additional players. These PMs close at the end of the cycle.

Sons of Honor:

Spoiler

Your devotion to the tenets of Vorinism is absolute, and the degraded influence and state of the modern devotaries is shameful to you, bordering on blasphemous. Through your studies of history, you have realized that the Parshendi are, in fact, the Voidbringers of the old stories - the warriors of a Desolation. And since a new Desolation is the only way you see to return to the rightful order of things, this peace must be stopped at all costs. The Sons of Honor are hidden among the Alethi faction, and may possess additional roles from the Alethi Role List. Like other Alethi, they may create a PM between themselves and another player each cycle. The Sons of Honor have a faction doc to conspire in and may not win with the Alethi win condition.

Win Condition: Kill all Parshendi.

Voidbringers:

Spoiler

You have heard the voice of your Lord and Master, the one who hates. At His direction, you have embedded yourself in the Parshendi delegation. Your ultimate goal is, of course, the destruction of the world via a new Desolation. For now, however, you will settle for the brutal destruction of the Alethi delegation and the end of these peace talks. The Voidbringers are hidden among the Parshendi faction, and may use any of the Parshendi forms. Like other Parshendi, they begin the game in Warform. In addition, the Voidbringers have special forms available to them, listed below. The Voidbringers have a faction doc to discuss in, and may not win with the Parshendi win condition.

Win Condition: Kill all Alethi.

Voidbringer Forms:

Stormform: A Voidbringer in Stormform survives the first kill (including the lynch) that targets them, even if they have already survived a kill in Warform. In addition, each cycle, you may choose a player to attack with your lightning each cycle. If you do so, you are revealed as their killer and as a Voidbringer.

Smokeform: All actions targeted at you except for the lynch fail this cycle. Your vote is not counted, and you may not take any action other than changing forms.

Decayform: Each cycle, a Voidbringer in Decayform may target another player to roleblock. All of their actions fail, and their vote is not counted. Once per game, you may also choose to kill the target of your roleblock. They die one cycle after your roleblock on them.

Ghostbloods:

Spoiler

You are the hunters, all others are the prey. On this isolated plateau, you have the opportunity to prove your hunting skills. The Ghostbloods are hidden among both the Alethi and Parshendi factions, but may not win with either faction's win condition. Alethi Ghostbloods may create a PM between themselves and another player each cycle, and may have another role from the Alethi Role List. Parshendi Ghostbloods may use any of the Parshendi forms, and begin the game in Warform like other Parshendi. The Ghostbloods have a faction kill that one player may use in place of an action that cycle. The Ghostbloods have a faction doc to conspire in.

Win Condition: Kill all other players.

Signups for this game will last until Tuesday, July 11th at 7:00 PM, Mountain Daylight Time.

bla_1499821200.png

Player List:

1. Locke (Orlok)
  2. Kintas (Jondesu)
  3. Straw (Straw)
  4. Plato Andersen (Elenion)
  5. Unnamed Character 1 (BrightnessRadiant)
  6. Unnamed Character 2 (StrikerEZ)
  7. Zephyras (Megasif)
  8. TBD (Roadwalker)
  9. Stick (_Stick_)
  10. Samar (Sami)
  11. TBD (A Joe in the Bush)
  12. Aredor (asterion137)
  13. Max Mercury (The Flash)
  14. Kyner (Drake Marshall)
  15. TBD (Yitzi2)
  16. Unnamed Character 4 (Sart)
  17. Anya (Daniyah)
  18. Mint (Frozen Mint)
  19. Raaman (Hemalurgic Headshot)
  20. Unnamed Character 5 (Crimsn_Wolf)
  21. Corinoc (cloudjumper)
  22. Petyr and Cranium (Alvron)
  23. Kreshela (Elbereth)

Quick Links:

1 minute ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I'll sign up as Locke. 

What triggers the end of the game, to allow either the Alethi or Parshendi to win?

Game ends when a hidden faction achieves their win condition, or when all hidden factions have been eliminated

Signing up as Plato Andersen. He personally would like to make peace, but he had the misfortune to fall in love with a girl who absolutely hates the other nation. She's told him that she'll marry him if he destroys the other nation and lives to tell the tale, and he's willing to put aside his qualms about war for what he thinks is true love.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yes, this looks amazing! I'm signing up.

@Seonid Can I wait until the game starts to give my character? I want to design it based on whether I'm Alethi or Parshendi.

Sure!

3 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

SA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for you! :lol::lol::lol: (seriously SA is my favorite series and I've never played one based here yet!

@Megasif it's here! :P

Singing up ....I'll give a character later 

Happy Independence Day everyone! :D

Yessss!!! I'm in. Nice to see it's SA based. It's my favourite and I was expecting another Mistborn.

I love the setup. 

I'll be Zephyras. I actually posted a story about him in another section. A mercenary in Sebarial's camp who has a spren following him...and so on.

He's willing to take other roles so Let's GO.

4 hours ago, Seonid said:

You are the hunters, all others are the prey. On this isolated plateau, you have the opportunity to prove your hunting skills. The Ghostbloods are hidden among both the Alethi and Parshendi factions, but may not win with either faction's win condition. Alethi Ghostbloods may create a PM between themselves and another player each cycle, and may have another role from the Alethi Role List. Parshendi Ghostbloods may use any of the Parshendi forms, and begin the game in Warform like other Parshendi. The Ghostbloods have a faction kill that one player may use in place of an action that cycle. The Ghostbloods have a faction doc to conspire in.

Win Condition: Kill all other players.

Signups for this game will last until Tuesday, July 11th at 7:00 PM, Mountain Daylight Time.

bla_1499821200.png

Player List:

1. Waiting just for you!

ICWUTUDIDTHR

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Haha yeah I told you Mistborn cuz that's how it was listed in the game sign ups list, but Seonid changed it yay! :P

Definitely glad for the change.

This game was originally listed as mistborn because LG34: Allomancer was originally slated to be an MR, and this one was originally supposed to be an LG. Due to complications,  they got switched around.

I've gone through and fixed the spoiler issues as well as updating the player list. If there are still any problems, let me know.

Just a clarification, the Parshendi faction doc contains all players who are publicly listed as Parshendi, including any infiltrating members of hidden factions. Similarly, the Sons of Honor must kill all Parshendi, including any and all Ghostbloods and Voidbringers hiding among them. Again similarly, the Voidbringers must kill all Alethi players, including all of the Son of Honor and any Ghostbloods among them.

I'm in as Samar! This my first game so let's see how I go...... And forgive my newbie mistakes :D but hey we all have to start somewhere!

(Just hoping I don't get anyone significant)

Edited by Sami

12 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Signing up as no character, becaise none of my characters are parshendi. I'll choose my character once the game starts.

To all of you who are signing up with actual characters, what are you going to do if you're a parshendi? =P

InB4 this game is actually a group of kandra LARPing with bones for costumes.

49 minutes ago, Sami said:

I'm in as Samar! This my first game so let's see how I go...... And forgive my newbie mistakes :D but hey we all have to start somewhere!

(Just hoping I don't get anyone significant)

Welcome!! Don't worry about newbie mistakes! (Trust me we've all made them :P)