I want to get to know people but I don't really know what to talk about, so I will just say random things about myself, so yeah.

Cel

1. I am a weird mix of a tomboy and a girly-girl (e.g. I love makeup, shopping, and talking about boys, but I also love hiking, watching sports, etc.)

2. I am a TOTAL DORK!!!! :D I love books, music, and spending time with friends.

3. I am somehow totally talkative, and totally shy and outspoken at the same time, depending on who I'm with.

4. I know like absolutely nothing about computers/phones/online/dark magic/things/stuff.

5. I always (literally always) have a different song stuck in my head. Like, I doubt there has ever been a moment in my whole life where I don't have a song playing in my head. Often, I sing/hum it, because I just can;'t help it. (e.g. right now I have best day of my life by american authors stuck in my head.) 

6. I am way to emotionally attached to fictional characters (especially Cosmere ones) Wayne is my soul mate!:wub:

Respond with other things about you!

Sounds like you will fit in here just fine!

1. I love reading, biking, swimming and long walks.

2. My fantasy tastes tend to go to the darker side (Glen Cook, Steven Erikson, Abercrombie etc. But I am a big sucker for great world building Sanderson (duh) Rothfuss, Butcher etc.

3. We went to kind of the same school. BYU-I graduate.

@Kaladinwillumarryme? Hello, nice to meet you :) I think you should expand your knowledge about computer dark magic, it's very useful :P how old are you? 

@Silverblade5 I personally don't mind it being here. Next time you want to summon mod powers please use the report button, ok? it's meant to be used for such cases too, not only to report bad content. 

Same for me with almost everything, except the girly-girl part. I have just enough of that to make sure I don't look like a monster when I go out in public. Well, and I collect stuffed animals. I was ECSTATIC when I found out that Kaladin wasn't going to die. (I always worry about that. But if you want to know the story behind that scrap of information (you might want too) please PM me). Quick summary of ME for you though.

I spend all my free time (that I'm not with friends(which isn't as often as it could be) reading, or watching Studio C. I ski, Rollerblade, swim, and do Tae-Kwon-Do. I discovered Sanderson about three months ago (same with @Kaladinwillumarryme?) thanks to @Runeweaver. (Not same). Here is a quick view of my life.

Spoiler

Books&Weirdness&Sanderson&Studio C&@Kaladinwillumarryme?&Books& Weirdness&Sanderson&Studio C&Tae-Kwon-Do&My Birds&Books&Studio C&Sanderson&17th Shard&Books&Studio C&Books&Books&Books&Books.

That was fun to make.

May the mists be with you be with you.

Spoiler

Ha! I'm brilliant!

May Stormlight be with you

May the Survivor be with you

May a spren be with you

Has anyone thought of these before?!

I'll need to make more...

Edited by Tesh Kholin

@Kaladinwillumarryme? Welcome to the Shard! I can tell already that we have some things in common: numbers 2, 3, and 5 from your intro post also apply to me :D

I noticed that your profile pic is the logo of Brigham Young University. I live in Utah; do you live here too?

@Tesh Kholin you mentioned birds. Do you have some as pets? *loves birds*

@Sunbird I don't live in Utah, and actually, @Ammanas, i didn't graduate from BYU, I'm only in middle school. :D My parents are both alumni, and so is all of my family for generations back, I want to go there too. 

@Silverblade5, sorry! As I said, i don't really know what I'm doing on this website. how do i move it to that forum? 

Also: 

7. I am the oldest sibling, which is totally both a blessing and a curse at the same time. Any other oldest siblings can understand. ^_^

8. I am always obsessed with things, like MAJOR obsessions. First it was Cinderella, the Star Wars, the Harry Potter, then Percy Jackson, then Lord of the Rings, the Marvel, then Sanderson (I think the last one will be a life long thing, not just a few years ^_^)

Edited by Kaladinwillumarryme?

12 minutes ago, Kaladinwillumarryme? said:

@Sunbird I don't live in Utah, and actually, @Ammanas, i didn't graduate from BYU, I'm only in middle school. :D My parents are both alumni, and so is all of my family for generations back, I want to go there too. 

@Silverblade5

Don't worry about moving your topic. A moderator said it's fine where it is. Best of luck getting into Provo! It's a lot harder to get into then it used to be so do not feel bad if it doesn't work out; they turn down a lot of quality prospective students.

Glad to have you here!

3 and 5 apply to me sooooooooooo much.

Hmmm, I need to come up with some interesting facts about myself.

So, in Texas I think you have to be 5 years old by around September 1 to go into Kindergarten. My birthday is September 1, 2001, so I'm literally the youngest person in my class. Actually, that's not true, I think there are people that are younger than me, but they skipped a grade. So, I've always been the shortest in my class.

When I was in pre-k, the teachers told us kids to count to 20, so I counted to 100. And they told us to say the alphabet, so I did it backwards too. That was the main reason I was put in school so early.

I'm a huge book nerd. I've always loved to read, and I've (almost) never found a book I haven't liked, with a few exceptions for books where I didn't even understand what the heck wasn't going on. Of course, there have been books that completely surpass any other books, like the Cosmere books.

Also, I really love band. I play the clarinet and the bass clarinet, and I got an outstanding solo in the Texas UIL State Solo/Ensemble contests this year.

@Sunbird I have two parakeets. One is albino and I nicknamed her the assassin in white. Whenever I walk into my room, she is hanging upside down on the top of the cage. The other one just follows her around everywhere.

Edited by Tesh Kholin

5 hours ago, Kaladinwillumarryme? said:

@Silverblade5, sorry! As I said, i don't really know what I'm doing on this website. how do i move it to that forum? 

Also: 

7. I am the oldest sibling, which is totally both a blessing and a curse at the same time. Any other oldest siblings can understand. ^_^

8. I am always obsessed with things, like MAJOR obsessions. First it was Cinderella, the Star Wars, the Harry Potter, then Percy Jackson, then Lord of the Rings, the Marvel, then Sanderson (I think the last one will be a life long thing, not just a few years ^_^)

That wasn't meant to come across as forceful, I was just expressing curiosity. Welcome to the forums! For your health and safety, please avoid any cookies you might find yourself being offered.

@StrikerEZ, that is so cool! I am a percussionist, and I was in honor and all-state band for my area, and received an award at all-state.  As such, i think it's awesome that you also are involved with music, i think music is an amazing brain-developer and helps build good character. 

@Silverblade5, I didn't mean to imply anything, i don't take offense that easily ^_^

@Ammanas, I actually am REALLY nervous about getting in, I have heard it is amazingly hard. I am willing to do anything it takes to get in. It's cool that you went there. Do you watch their sports? I love watching their football, basketball, baseball, basically any BYU sport. 

I actually know @Tesh Kholin's birds, they don't like me that much, but they're still fun. 

Edited by Kaladinwillumarryme?

Yeah, I agree about the coach. He will probably get more used to the team this next year. i was sad to lose Mendenhall though he was great. Also, i miss Taysom Hill! We needed him. :(

With regards to BYU, if you end up attending BYU-Idaho, try to avoid spending the winter in Rexburg. I haven't experienced it myself, but I have friends who go there and tell me horror stories about Rexburg's Russian winters.

Yeah, I would agree with that. I was on the spring/fall track, and while I still got a bit of the winter at the tail end of the fall and the beginning of the spring, it was usually pretty light. While it kind of sucks going to school in summer, you do get the full month of August off, and I think it's worth it to avoid the winter. I had roommates who'd get snowed in on my off-semester, but class wouldn't be cancelled. Class is never cancelled from the snow.

@Kaladinwillumarryme? Wow! We have a lot in common. I can relate to all of those things you put up there except for number 4 and 5 hehe. What kind of music do you like/play?

Oh and one other thing: I hate hate hate comedy and romance movies, and I have no idea why people like anime and manga so much

Edited by Sami

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, Sami said:

Oh and one other thing: I hate hate hate comedy and romance movies, and I have no idea why people like anime and manga so much

Same.

On 7/1/2017 at 6:35 PM, Sami said:

@Kaladinwillumarryme? Wow! We have a lot in common. I can relate to all of those things you put up there except for number 4 and 5 hehe. What kind of music do you like/play?

She likes Coldplay, and we are both in our school's advanced band. We also both do percussion. She likes the bells.

I also know her really well.